Crossing Nov 2008

LBLB

That's a good suggestion for a lecture on drydock process. Perhaps we'll see if we can't organize that during the next few days.

Funny you should mention osso bucco, DJ, as it is in fact on the menu. We had a visit from Chef Josselin during lunch and he gave us a quick run down on the dinner menu and the one thing that stuck in my mind was his mention of osso bucco. Seems like way back in 2005 when we enjoyed osso bucco with you guys out on deck one evening somewhere between WPB and STT!

Josselin is from France and is very personable as well as an excellent chef. I believe he has been with SD for a while and was sous chef previously. We first met him back in June and I must say that he is fast becoming one of our favorites!

As for the pool water, I have no clue as there is no pool anywhere near the Office which is where I am headed right now!

so much to do and so little time. . . got behind schedule today.

DJ, it wasn't hot enough to spend too much time in the pool today . . .but others did.

CTBJR has advised me that I am misspelling a number of names . . . since its pre-cocktail party and post gym, errors are not alcohol driven - but due to either poor eyesight and/or even worse keyboarding skills - so I will try to correct prior errors and my apologies to all misnamed or misspelled.

Spa is excellent as usual. I had the "perfect legs" treatment today - "massage with essential oils and a concentrated deep acting masque designed to soothe the legs". . . Since I had spent an hour walking this morning on deck, this was a medical necessity -- and I highly recommend the treatment. Tomorrow is reflexology.

Day started gloriously -- full moon on one side of the ship and the sun rise on the other . . . after a nice walk (nothing like hoofing around the deck to the cowboy's "Got a Little Crazy Last Night), as soon as I sat down for breakfast, the ever efficient Goran inquired as to whether I wanted the requisite Diet Red Bull, which of course I did. 2nd jolt of caffeine was a perfect cappuchino. egg yolks have the most interesting color - vibrant orange and two days in a row have been perfectly cooked. CTJBR has already mentioned Chef Josselin - the fennel soup at lunch was excellent. Pasta Alfredo (very light) and Beef Bourgione (very very light) were the hits of our table. Can't wait to see the degustaton menu.

DJ, SD continues to stock your diet tonic water. Have to comment on Bartender Chad's presentation of a vodka tonic - he took a wedge of lime, stuck two herb leafs on toothpicks and voila, I had a sailboat garnish. Speaking of Bartenders, this crew is very busy and very creative. We've commented that we saw more pink, green, blue, orange, and red cocktails at the reception last night than we usually see during a whole week on SD. I hear that Michael makes a mean chocolate martini, so I know what I'm doing after dinner. And of course, head bartender, Zoltan is a man on a mission - so few passengers but so many cocktails.

I forgot to mention last night's hor doevers (however its spelled) - crab claws, the largest, mildest, most delicious oysters, and of course the humongous tin of caviar and all the fixings.

Got my sunglasses cleaned poolside today after the lovely chilled towel - thanks Jasper. Larry saved me from a sure disaster involving a cup of soup, a ladle, and stairs - you can't turn from the buffet at lunch without someone carrying your plate to the table. The real world bites.

Don't believe there are any changes to the cabins from dry dock (or at least none that I notice). But the TOY Bar now has a steel roof on top (it used to be open to the canopy) -- courtesy some sort of US regulation (probablyfrom the same agency that prohibits eggs benedict in US ports).

A multi-national crew of officers - 2 from Norway, one each from Poland, Germany, and the Philipines, One and one/half from the US (since this is James' last trip and Merrie's first) and gasp - 3 French.

Same great stewardesses - I have Jenny this time. Wonderful at tracking down the latest request for the mini-bar and sneaking in to tidy my room before I even get back from breakfast. I don't know how they do it, but its better than the Four Seasons.

got to get ready for dinner -- al fresco and italian menu. Yum, yum, yum

FT

That's a good suggestion for a lecture on drydock process. Perhaps we'll see if we can't organize that during the next few days.

Funny you should mention osso bucco, DJ, as it is in fact on the menu. We had a visit from Chef Josselin during lunch and he gave us a quick run down on the dinner menu and the one thing that stuck in my mind was his mention of osso bucco. Seems like way back in 2005 when we enjoyed osso bucco with you guys out on deck one evening somewhere between WPB and STT!

Reminds me of a singing cowboy song ... "Off the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful." I am sure FT has it on her IPod.

"Refreshing" according to those that have tested it out.

Translated means a little chilly, eh?

so much to do and so little time. . . got behind schedule today.

DJ, it wasn't hot enough to spend too much time in the pool today . . .but others did.

CTBJR has advised me that I am misspelling a number of names . . . since its pre-cocktail party and post gym, errors are not alcohol driven - but due to either poor eyesight and/or even worse keyboarding skills - so I will try to correct prior errors and my apologies to all misnamed or misspelled.

Spa is excellent as usual. I had the "perfect legs" treatment today - "massage with essential oils and a concentrated deep acting masque designed to soothe the legs". . . Since I had spent an hour walking this morning on deck, this was a medical necessity -- and I highly recommend the treatment. Tomorrow is reflexology.

Day started gloriously -- full moon on one side of the ship and the sun rise on the other . . . after a nice walk (nothing like hoofing around the deck to the cowboy's "Got a Little Crazy Last Night), as soon as I sat down for breakfast, the ever efficient Goran inquired as to whether I wanted the requisite Diet Red Bull, which of course I did. 2nd jolt of caffeine was a perfect cappuchino. egg yolks have the most interesting color - vibrant orange and two days in a row have been perfectly cooked. CTJBR has already mentioned Chef Josselin - the fennel soup at lunch was excellent. Pasta Alfredo (very light) and Beef Bourgione (very very light) were the hits of our table. Can't wait to see the degustaton menu.

DJ, SD continues to stock your diet tonic water. Have to comment on Bartender Chad's presentation of a vodka tonic - he took a wedge of lime, stuck two herb leafs on toothpicks and voila, I had a sailboat garnish. Speaking of Bartenders, this crew is very busy and very creative. We've commented that we saw more pink, green, blue, orange, and red cocktails at the reception last night than we usually see during a whole week on SD. I hear that Michael makes a mean chocolate martini, so I know what I'm doing after dinner. And of course, head bartender, Zoltan is a man on a mission - so few passengers but so many cocktails.

I forgot to mention last night's hor doevers (however its spelled) - crab claws, the largest, mildest, most delicious oysters, and of course the humongous tin of caviar and all the fixings.

Got my sunglasses cleaned poolside today after the lovely chilled towel - thanks Jasper. Larry saved me from a sure disaster involving a cup of soup, a ladle, and stairs - you can't turn from the buffet at lunch without someone carrying your plate to the table. The real world bites.

Don't believe there are any changes to the cabins from dry dock (or at least none that I notice). But the TOY Bar now has a steel roof on top (it used to be open to the canopy) -- courtesy some sort of US regulation (probablyfrom the same agency that prohibits eggs benedict in US ports).

A multi-national crew of officers - 2 from Norway, one each from Poland, Germany, and the Philipines, One and one/half from the US (since this is James' last trip and Merrie's first) and gasp - 3 French.

Same great stewardesses - I have Jenny this time. Wonderful at tracking down the latest request for the mini-bar and sneaking in to tidy my room before I even get back from breakfast. I don't know how they do it, but its better than the Four Seasons.

got to get ready for dinner -- al fresco and italian menu. Yum, yum, yum

FT

Sounds like another fantastic day! Can't wait to see some photos on the SD2 website (none there as of now).

Can't wait to hear how this evening's dinner al fresco went! One of DJ's DH and my favorite things in all of the world is osso bucco al fresco on a SD yacht!

DJ -

your love of osso bucco inspired CTBJR and others to order (some for the first time on SD) - verbatim quote - "it melts in your mouth". CTBJR graciously shared a morsel - it was delicious.

dinner al fresco became dinner in agua about mid way through the event, at least for those sitting on the outer loop of deck 5. However, even though the shower arrived much earlier than expected - crew had the diners moved inside almost instantaneously. Everyone seemed to stay in good humor and enjoy the adventure. Not only did Stephane and his staff get the tables set up and diners moved but they kept the drinks and dinners moving as if nothing had happened - not one break in service nor one appearance of stress. Cool and calm -the epitome of 5 star service.

Chef Josselin and his talented assistants had another top notch night -- Beef carpaccio, Roma tomato salad, lobster bisque (yum, yum), shrimp and risotto (including one shrimp that was larger than the lobster tail of the night before -someone commented that had they seen that shrimp in the sea, they would swim the other way), and a lemincello dessert. No room for the chocolate martini - guess that's tonight.

Poor George, I feel like I'm breaking his heart every night when he offers me the lovely white and red wine selections of the night and I stick to champagne. Last night I understand our table had the last 4 bottles on the ship of a white wine labled "attitude" (isn't that a coincidence).

A bit cloudy out today, but have to go for my walk - its 7:40 a.m. and the start of another great day on SD.

and if CTBJR gets a wake up call at 8:30, he must turn his phone off - or mean 8:30 eastern standard time (we didn't turn back the clocks an hour last night - will be tonight, so a guest can have a 25 hr birthday) since his arrival at the office would never be called timely in the real world!

FT

and if CTBJR gets a wake up call at 8:30, he must turn his phone off - or mean 8:30 eastern standard time (we didn't turn back the clocks an hour last night - will be tonight, so a guest can have a 25 hr birthday) since his arrival at the office would never be called timely in the real world! FT

Ahem. I happen to be very busy and have much to do before arriving at the office, FT. Who do you think is washing all the dirty dishes from last night's party? Incidentally, I found a nice surprise in my refrigerator this morning. If you play your cards right, I just might share it with you!

I will definitely play the cards for leftovers, especially it they come with toast points, eggs, and the rest of the fixings.

Breakfast special today was to die for. :D First time I've ever had on SD, and the chef has graciously offered to make again tomorrow -- Eggs Benedict Italian - made with prosciutto and sharved parmesan. Very light sauce and fresh basil. Between that and the grapefruit and other citrus presented in half an orange, breakfast is fast becoming my favorite meal.

For those of us and about earlier today - a beautiful rainbow appeared for about 10 minutes only -the colors were so bright. A nice way to start the day.

FT

DJ -

your love of osso bucco inspired CTBJR and others to order (some for the first time on SD) - verbatim quote - "it melts in your mouth". CTBJR graciously shared a morsel - it was delicious.

dinner al fresco became dinner in agua about mid way through the event, at least for those sitting on the outer loop of deck 5. However, even though the shower arrived much earlier than expected - crew had the diners moved inside almost instantaneously. Everyone seemed to stay in good humor and enjoy the adventure. Not only did Stephane and his staff get the tables set up and diners moved but they kept the drinks and dinners moving as if nothing had happened - not one break in service nor one appearance of stress. Cool and calm -the epitome of 5 star service.

Chef Josselin and his talented assistants had another top notch night -- Beef carpaccio, Roma tomato salad, lobster bisque (yum, yum), shrimp and risotto (including one shrimp that was larger than the lobster tail of the night before -someone commented that had they seen that shrimp in the sea, they would swim the other way), and a lemincello dessert. No room for the chocolate martini - guess that's tonight.

Poor George, I feel like I'm breaking his heart every night when he offers me the lovely white and red wine selections of the night and I stick to champagne. Last night I understand our table had the last 4 bottles on the ship of a white wine labled "attitude" (isn't that a coincidence).

A bit cloudy out today, but have to go for my walk - its 7:40 a.m. and the start of another great day on SD.

and if CTBJR gets a wake up call at 8:30, he must turn his phone off - or mean 8:30 eastern standard time (we didn't turn back the clocks an hour last night - will be tonight, so a guest can have a 25 hr birthday) since his arrival at the office would never be called timely in the real world!

FT

Osso bucco (it has to be veal not lamb) is perhaps my all time favorite entree ... I am pretty fussy about it and I must say that SD has never failed in their presentation of that melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness!

Shrimp rissotto .... another one of my favorites.

I am sipping on my morning coffee waiting for DJ's DH to wake up as well as our DD so I can make breakfast. My stomach is really growling after reading those descriptions!!!

No surprise that your table consumed wine named Attitude:D Hope they can find some for our March cruise:p

I don't know if anyone said anything to anyone about the web photos but I enjoyed Day 2 much more in terms of layout.

Loved the photo of ctbjr in the office!! Although it looks like there wasn't a board meeting today:D

Ahem. I happen to be very busy and have much to do before arriving at the office, FT. Who do you think is washing all the dirty dishes from last night's party? Incidentally, I found a nice surprise in my refrigerator this morning. If you play your cards right, I just might share it with you!

There is photographic evidence of you in the office ctbjr. You looked might busy ... and no Red Stripe on the table so I know you were working hard!!

I will definitely play the cards for leftovers, especially it they come with toast points, eggs, and the rest of the fixings.

Breakfast special today was to die for. :D First time I've ever had on SD, and the chef has graciously offered to make again tomorrow -- Eggs Benedict Italian - made with prosciutto and sharved parmesan. Very light sauce and fresh basil. Between that and the grapefruit and other citrus presented in half an orange, breakfast is fast becoming my favorite meal.

For those of us and about earlier today - a beautiful rainbow appeared for about 10 minutes only -the colors were so bright. A nice way to start the day.

FT

The Eggs Benedict Italian sounds DIVINE!! Not only is my stomach growling ... now I am drooling on the keyboard:p

And now for the questions of the day ... these are from DJ's DH...

How was the lecture on the Titanic? Did you learn anything new?

Have a wonderful day (which I know you will since you are on SD)! Please give our regards to Mr. and Mrs. Toybar as well as Capt. T!!

I see that my DW was hob nobbing at dinner last night with a choice seat next to Capt. T, while I spend my days in the mouse house. Something about this is not fair, but as DJ says it only 110 days until we board.

I see that my DW was hob nobbing at dinner last night with a choice seat next to Capt. T, while I spend my days in the mouse house. Something about this is not fair, but as DJ says it only 110 days until we board.

Hmmm ... that really explains the wine choice!! I bet FT bent Capt. T's ear a bit on our March adventure:D

Could be worse zqvol ... it is COLD here (38F) in NC. If I can't be on SD then the House of Mouse is my next choice (oh yeah ... we'll be there in 33 days:p)

Osso bucco (it has to be veal not lamb) is perhaps my all time favorite entree ... I am pretty fussy about it and I must say that SD has never failed in their presentation of that melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness!

Shrimp rissotto .... another one of my favorites.

No surprise that your table consumed wine named Attitude:D Hope they can find some for our March cruise:p

I don't know if anyone said anything to anyone about the web photos but I enjoyed Day 2 much more in terms of layout.

And now for the questions of the day ... these are from DJ's DH...

How was the lecture on the Titanic? Did you learn anything new?

Have a wonderful day (which I know you will since you are on SD)! Please give our regards to Mr. and Mrs. Toybar as well as Capt. T!!

yes,the osso bussco was veal. I don't think on SD there is any choice.

yes, we all like web photos that give us the opportunity to focus - not watch a presentation, again view feedback was very well received.

as to lectures, unfortunately, I am behind schedule and haven't been able to attend. However, Anthony is a great speaker - spellbinding in 2005 and again this year, even while dealing with a double compound fracture in a wrist ( he chose SD over recommended surgery . . . what a man). Next lecture is on the Normandie

however, I played the cowboy's latest CD twice on deck this afternoon - 2 with a 10 and 10 with a 2 was very well received -- The Norwegian mafia (18 in total) plus UK, plus Canada plus the Americans thought it was the best song of the cruise. Got a Little Crazy came a distant second.

had the wonderful corn and chicken soup as well as a "healthy" chicken ceasar - can't wait until dinner, but have to run. Massage is waiting.

ft

yes, we all like web photos that give us the opportunity to focus - not watch a presentation, again view feedback was very well received.

however, I played the cowboy's latest CD twice on deck this afternoon - 2 with a 10 and 10 with a 2 was very well received -- The Norwegian mafia (18 in total) plus UK, plus Canada plus the Americans thought it was the best song of the cruise. Got a Little Crazy came a distant second.

Glad to hear that the feedback was well received. The bulbous bow shots from yesterday were fantastic! We love those unique photos.

We listened to the cowboy in DH's new toy as we headed back from the vineyard (had to make a run to get favors for DD's birthday). When "Two with a Ten" came on we both said, at the same time, "FT's song.":p

Sounds like the weather is cooperating!

Sounds like the weather is cooperating!

wouldn't quite say that -- Capt announced at the "repeaters" cocktail party last night (we have so many that the whole ship attended) that we went 120 miles further south than the planned route to avoid bigger swells and minimize the effect of the approaching cold front.

we zigged and zagged so much yesterday afternoon that apparently we set a record for fuel consumption during lunch, but the crew did an excellent job of avoiding most of the squalls. We hear today is supposed to be a bit warmer with more sun. Looking foward to it.

have to leave the report on dinner and liar's club to CTBJR or TOYBAR. The massage I had was so relaxing that I slept for almost 11 hrs. missed both - did hear a light roar from the lounge sometime after 11, but that's about it. James announced pre dinner that Mack was no longer allowed on the ship and that Merrie had changed all the words (means CTBJR's cheat sheet was no longer valid). So results should be interesting.

off to walk and see if I can make it to the breakfast table before GABOR has my red bull waiting (its become a bit of a race). :D

FT

Looks like today is shaping up to be a nice day. At least as far as I can tell from looking out my window.

Dinner last night was a sedate affair (without FT) but we all managed to work our way through it. I had a spicy beef entree from the Oriental Wellness menu (imagine that!). It was quite tasty but very spicy...as advertised. Thank goodness that Werner was there to constantly refill my water glass. I also had a Thai beef salad and Cream of Cucumber soup, both of which were very tasty. Finished off with a chocolate tart with a very fancy name that I can't recall.

Others at the table had halibut, duck and the NY Strip from the a la carte menu. The gent next to me was quite perplexed when his entree arrived as he is so relaxed that he couldn't remember what he had ordered. Turned out to be duck (last night's signature entree) and he enjoyed it very much.

As dinner was winding down, Mack did appear and encouraged us all to attend Liar's Club in the Main Salon. There was quite a good turnout and an excellent presentation by Mack, Fay from St. Tropez, Pepe and a very nice German girl whose name I can't for the life of me recall. Unfortunately, there were some new words involved but that didn't stop Team Farture (long story) from tying for the lead at the end of the evening with 2 correct answers.

After Liar's Club and a drink at the TOY Bar with some old and new friends it was time for bed. With last night's time change, I expect that most will be well rested this morning.

wouldn't quite say that -- Capt announced at the "repeaters" cocktail party last night (we have so many that the whole ship attended) that we went 120 miles further south than the planned route to avoid bigger swells and minimize the effect of the approaching cold front.

we zigged and zagged so much yesterday afternoon that apparently we set a record for fuel consumption during lunch, but the crew did an excellent job of avoiding most of the squalls. We hear today is supposed to be a bit warmer with more sun. Looking foward to it.

have to leave the report on dinner and liar's club to CTBJR or TOYBAR. The massage I had was so relaxing that I slept for almost 11 hrs. missed both - did hear a light roar from the lounge sometime after 11, but that's about it. James announced pre dinner that Mack was no longer allowed on the ship and that Merrie had changed all the words (means CTBJR's cheat sheet was no longer valid). So results should be interesting.

off to walk and see if I can make it to the breakfast table before GABOR has my red bull waiting (its become a bit of a race). :D

FT

Hopefully the weather is better today ... and the seas are calmer as well. Good thing oil is under $57 per barrel with all that zigging and zagging. How large are the swells that you dodged?

Sounds like you are really relaxed ... especially after that massage. Which treatment did you receive? I can't imagine sleeping 11 hours ... I am sure you really needed it!!

Who won this morning ... you or Gabor:p

Looks like today is shaping up to be a nice day. At least as far as I can tell from looking out my window.

Dinner last night was a sedate affair (without FT) but we all managed to work our way through it. I had a spicy beef entree from the Oriental Wellness menu (imagine that!). It was quite tasty but very spicy...as advertised. Thank goodness that Werner was there to constantly refill my water glass. I also had a Thai beef salad and Cream of Cucumber soup, both of which were very tasty. Finished off with a chocolate tart with a very fancy name that I can't recall.

Others at the table had halibut, duck and the NY Strip from the a la carte menu. The gent next to me was quite perplexed when his entree arrived as he is so relaxed that he couldn't remember what he had ordered. Turned out to be duck (last night's signature entree) and he enjoyed it very much.

As dinner was winding down, Mack did appear and encouraged us all to attend Liar's Club in the Main Salon. There was quite a good turnout and an excellent presentation by Mack, Fay from St. Tropez, Pepe and a very nice German girl whose name I can't for the life of me recall. Unfortunately, there were some new words involved but that didn't stop Team Farture (long story) from tying for the lead at the end of the evening with 2 correct answers.

After Liar's Club and a drink at the TOY Bar with some old and new friends it was time for bed. With last night's time change, I expect that most will be well rested this morning.

Sounds like another delicious dinner last night. Interesting that your group all opted for alternatives instead of the main menu last night.

More questions for our intrepid reporters:p

Do you recall what the featured entrees were for dinner last night? What was the evening's theme?

Can't wait to hear the back story on the team's name:D

How many hours ahead are you at this point?

What lectures are on the agenda today?

When will you have your champagne and caviar splash?

Hope Mother Ocean and Mother Nature are more cooperative today!

Sounds like another delicious dinner last night. Interesting that your group all opted for alternatives instead of the main menu last night.

More questions for our intrepid reporters:p

Do you recall what the featured entrees were for dinner last night? What was the evening's theme?

Can't wait to hear the back story on the team's name:D

How many hours ahead are you at this point?

What lectures are on the agenda today?

When will you have your champagne and caviar splash?

Hope Mother Ocean and Mother Nature are more cooperative today!

I guess I wasn't clear in describing everybody's dining choices last night. The Halibut, Duck and Rack of Lamb were the featured entree selections. The NY Strip was from the a la carte menu and the Very Hot Beef was from the Oriental Wellness menu.

"Farture" was a featured word in last year's Liar's Club. A dispute broke out between James and a team of passengers as to the proper definition for the word. The passengers were correct...... "Farture" was not one of the words used this year.

We are currently 3 hours ahead of EST.

Today's 4 PM lecture by Anthony Nicholas is on the SS Normandy.

Champagne and Caviar Splash will be......later in the week.

Today we have a few clouds but lots of blue sky and sunshine. Still a bit of rolling seas but not too bad although a few passengers (excuse me, guests) appear to be glad that they brought their patches, wrist bands and medication to ward off the effects of those seas.

I guess I wasn't clear in describing everybody's dining choices last night. The Halibut, Duck and Rack of Lamb were the featured entree selections. The NY Strip was from the a la carte menu and the Very Hot Beef was from the Oriental Wellness menu.

"Farture" was a featured word in last year's Liar's Club. A dispute broke out between James and a team of passengers as to the proper definition for the word. The passengers were correct...... "Farture" was not one of the words used this year.Normandy.

Champagne and Caviar Splash will be......later in the week.

Today we have a few clouds but lots of blue sky and sunshine. Still a bit of rolling seas but not too bad although a few passengers (excuse me, guests) appear to be glad that they brought their patches, wrist bands and medication to ward off the effects of those seas.

Talk about real-time reporting:D

Could be that my coffee hadn't kicked in yet on the menu question ... or my blondness is showing:p

Now I have a new word in my vocabulary ... and trust me I will use it!

Sounds like a little motion in the ocean ... but I am sure many of you have your sea legs by now. They way that I look at it ... after our 20-plus-foot swells in the Caribbean last March while we were on SD1 I think I can handle the seas (better find some wood to knock on)!!

Will there be a quiz after the lecture series concludes? I love history so I am sure I would enjoy this maritime history series.

Notice in the photo of you in the office that you are reading a Vince Flynn book. Which one is it? Just wondering in case you finish it and leave it on board that means one less book for me to bring in March:)

Not that I have to tell you all this, but enjoy every bite of food that's prepared & served to you and every glass of champagne/Red Stripe/fiil-in-the-blank that's poured for you. :) As I'm catching-up on the goings-on here, I'm eating my lunch: a Lean Cuisine "entree." :rolleyes: There's no blue ocean out my window; rather, it's snowing. The office I'm sitting in is certainly not TOYB. Silvio was not here this morning to pour a mimosa without my asking like he did in the Carib. in April. I have to clean my own sunglasses. To quote ft: the real world sucks. :)

Now that you all are a few days into your voyage, have any of you felt "trapped" on the yacht since you won't be able to get off until Miami? [Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the dreaded disembarking.]

DJ, we expect lots of reports from you while you're onboard in 100 or so days. :)

Now that you all are a few days into your voyage, have any of you felt "trapped" on the yacht since you won't be able to get off until Miami? [Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the dreaded disembarking.]

dreaded disembarking is correct. does anyone know the prison sentence for mutiny and forcing the captain to stay at sea? This is such a great group of guests - even the mad scramble for a poolside chair (beware the determined Norwegians (all 18 of them) who are there by 10:00 a.m.) is well mannered and cheerful. Couple that with the SD service and family, no one wants this vacation to end.

And as for enjoying every bite - we had lunch in the office today. Stephane, Gabor, Werner and the rest of the team took very good care of us. Margarita pizza, carpacchio on foccacia (olive oil and fresh herbs), deviled eggs, and a pasta dish were the favorites. The soup, made with Portuguese potatos and cabbage (sounds weird, but it worked) was one of the best so far. Love the fact that you can order "half" of that, and a "small" bowl of this and a "taste" of that. The dessert bar was also visited by most but the winds made adding chocolate, caramel and strawberry toppings a bit dicy -- flying all over the place. Not sure where everything landed.

Rumor has it that our intrepid captain was seen climbing the rigging to take pictures of the walkers this a.m. And the walkers were joined by our hotel manager and chief purser.

so much to do and so little time.

FT

dreaded disembarking is correct. does anyone know the prison sentence for mutiny and forcing the captain to stay at sea? This is such a great group of guests - even the mad scramble for a poolside chair (beware the determined Norwegians (all 18 of them) who are there by 10:00 a.m.) is well mannered and cheerful. Couple that with the SD service and family, no one wants this vacation to end.

And as for enjoying every bite - we had lunch in the office today. Stephane, Gabor, Werner and the rest of the team took very good care of us. Margarita pizza, carpacchio on foccacia (olive oil and fresh herbs), deviled eggs, and a pasta dish were the favorites. The soup, made with Portuguese potatos and cabbage (sounds weird, but it worked) was one of the best so far. Love the fact that you can order "half" of that, and a "small" bowl of this and a "taste" of that. The dessert bar was also visited by most but the winds made adding chocolate, caramel and strawberry toppings a bit dicy -- flying all over the place. Not sure where everything landed.

Rumor has it that our intrepid captain was seen climbing the rigging to take pictures of the walkers this a.m. And the walkers were joined by our hotel manager and chief purser.

FT

How true, I am always amazed that on such a small ship, with no rock climbing wall, no mall, no water slides, no ice rink, we never truly do all we want to do.

J & L

DJ - a few more answers

Who won this morning ... you or Gabor?

I did - I cheated. The past few days I've been coming up the stairs and through the entry way or up from the pool deck and am seen long before I turn the corner and up the stairs.

today I came directly down from deck 6 after finishing my walk and was at "my" table before anyone noticed!

and the massage was reflexology, but due to my frequent visits this trip I was able to take advantage of an unadvertised special -- after so many treatments, get a half hour service free - so I did. So it started with the reflexology then went to a regular massage, and the total effect was stupendous. I think having it at 5 after a day in the sun (or clouds/sun/rain) contributed to the sleep.

My social calendar stays full thanks to "el jefe" - CTBJR, and while I was excused from dinner last night, it would be rude to do so again (and prime rib is on the menu) so gotta go.

FT

FT

Loved the photos of the Norwegians "sun tanning" around the pool in the rain:D You can always use my Bali bed if there is no room at the pool for you:p

Lunch sounds wonderful ... as always. I think it tastes even better when it is served in the office.

How true, I am always amazed that on such a small ship, with no rock climbing wall, no mall, no water slides, no ice rink, we never truly do all we want to do.

J & L

Isn't that the truth Jim! Actually I love that SD doesn't offer ANY of those things.

Who won this morning ... you or Gabor?

I did - I cheated. The past few days I've been coming up the stairs and through the entry way or up from the pool deck and am seen long before I turn the corner and up the stairs.

today I came directly down from deck 6 after finishing my walk and was at "my" table before anyone noticed!

FT

Score one for FT!! You can bet they will be on the look out for tomorrow:eek:

Archived