We bought it

Purchased RCI stock yesterday, asked for confirmation to be sent to us. Now what? Do I take the confirmation with me on Jewel on the 26th or do I fax to somebody at RCI?

We already have an OBC for booking this cruise while on another. Can we use this one too? Is there ever a time when RCI says you can only use so many OBC's per cruise? You know how some coupons for groceries, etc. say that it cannot be combined with any other discount?

Thank you for your replies. Now, one more question. Does this one purchase of 100 shares allow us to receive OBC every time we sail?

Yes and they can be combined with your D balcony discount, any C & A coupons, etc. There are very few times that it can't be combined. Some of the One day sales are they only thing that I can.

I received the buy confirmation today and faxed it to RCI with my booking number, ship and sailing date. I'll take a copy with me on the ship just in case. I'll let y'all know what happens.

Liz,

When's your transatlantic?

Nancy

Nancy,

I haven't booked the Transatlantic yet but it's December 5th on Celibrity Galaxy out of Rome to San Juan. I'm going to book it when I'm on the Galaxy in a couple of months. I tried to book it on the Grandeur but, as you know, the satellites were down more than they were up and Colette apparently lost my booking info and I never did get to book it. Grrrrr!

Liz

I have never invested in the stock market (other than my 401k). How do you get started, what is the cost, etc.???

Your shareholder benefit OBC is combinable with other offers, onboard credits and coupons. The following link will give you all the information you need to know.

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Good Luck and enjoy your OBC. :D

I have never invested in the stock market (other than my 401k). How do you get started, what is the cost, etc.???

:confused: Yes, I would also like to know, very interested in buying stock...

thanks..

does anyone know if this is open to Canadian Res.? so many things like this i am finding are not allowing canadians to be eligible

A lot of people purchase the stock through their 401(K), so you might check that. At the time I bought mine, I could only invest in the Thrift Savings Plan through work, so I used a company called Sharebuilders, they support very inexpensive real time trades and you can set up automatic investing. The Shareholder's Benefit FAQ doesn't have any caveats about foreign ownership, so I don't think there'd be any problem with a Canadian getting the benefit. The phone numbers for the Investor Relations Contact is on that FAQ page, too. I have used my Shareholder's OBC with the onboard purchase OBC and TA OBC for a nice little nest egg onboard when I got there, about the only time that you can't use combined offers is during the WOW sales, as far as I know. The stock price is down now, as well, which makes it a more attractive offer.

Why buy the stock? Rccl has corp. bonds on the market paying up to 7.25%.The interest is paid twice a year, no paper work, no worries about the stock and you can get a lot more than a OBC and if held to maturity you get all your original investment back.

Thank you for posting this. I have never heard of it. I have already signed up with ingdirect and will start purchasing shares weekly starting in February. I was wondering what to do with my 100.00 a month pay raise.:rolleyes: Thank you again!

Thank you for posting this. I have never heard of it. I have already signed up with ingdirect and will start purchasing shares weekly starting in February. I was wondering what to do with my 100.00 a month pay raise.:rolleyes: Thank you again!

Why buy the stock? Rccl has corp. bonds on the market paying up to 7.25%.The interest is paid twice a year, no paper work, no worries about the stock and you can get a lot more than a OBC and if held to maturity you get all your original investment back.

Do you get an OBC similar to stockholder benefits? What is a lot more? What's the rating?

Archived