NAME THE SHIPS Genisis

Weird...so are they only picking one of your two submissions? It seems like they focused completely on "Mosaic" and just barely mentioned "Coronation." (Which don't go together at all...) I thought the rules said that your total score out of 200 points (for BOTH names) was what was judged, though...maybe Coronation was the best name that was paired with Mosaic but they still don't like it enough to actually consider it?

Congratulations to the first finalist!

Hopefully my choices may get picked, but if not, such is life.

Mine were:

Intrigue of the Seas

and

Allure of the Seas (I've seen this one repeated often on these boards, but not the first one)

Eric

I think Mosiac is pretty good.........not so much Coronation(reminds me of a Cunard ship)........Collage would have been a better match:p

I agree. Mosaic isn't a bad name and fits with what they said they were trying to convey, but Coronation doesn't match. Collage was the first thing I thought of as a match to Mosaic, as well. :)

goodmorining all i see they have 1 winner already, 5 more to go. You never know just in case they are apart of the board or read the boards .

Let me say Congratulation. Happy Cruising :D

The name of the winner is Mosaic of the Seas

Let me tell you this:

what a WEAK name.

Not that my choices are much better but they related much better and I have seen almost every entry on this board, even that thread joking about the names, as much better choices.

Can I say that I don't really care for the winning name? I'm sorry if I offend anyone but I don't really love the name. I have read much better names from people here on CC. :rolleyes:

You don't offend anybody. The name is out. We can agree or disagree with it.

Mosaic sounds like a retiredment home down here. Might as well called it Shuffleboard of the Seas

:mad:

It may not be the best pick of names,but look on the bright side..maybe the judges will do better with the next 5 winners(and pick one or more of ours!!).......:)

Congrats to the winner....

It may not be the best pick of names,but look on the bright side..maybe the judges will do better with the next 5 winners(and pick one or more of ours!!).......:)

Congrats to the winner....

I don't know. Out of 91,000 entries they come up with that?

:confused:

I don't know. Out of 91,000 entries they come up with that?

:confused:

Who knows how they picked.........but unfortunately,its all in their hands....not ours...:(

Maybe they are saving the best for last??????

Mosaic is defined as "small pieces coming together artistically" or "a viral disease of plants."

Lovely.... One makes me think it's pretty from afar, but when you get too close it looks disorganized; like it may fall apart. The other makes me think even more about the possibility of germs on a cruise ship.

I'm not bitter, but yuck!

Mosaic is defined as "small pieces coming together artistically" or "a viral disease of plants."

Lovely.... One makes me think it's pretty from afar, but when you get too close it looks disorganized; like it may fall apart. The other makes me think even more about the possibility of germs on a cruise ship.

I'm not bitter, but yuck!

This is exactly what I thought. A mosaic is always something which looks organized and pretty from further back but once close up it looks unorganized, not matching, ugly.

Secondly, the word Mosaic is rather weak. Not justifying the power, size of the Genesis I.

In my opinion, it is an absolutely weak choice.

Here is a post from Gene from USA Today explaining why they only selected one name.. I still don't understand if they are looking for all 5 names to fit a theme?

Hi all. It's Gene.

A few of you have asked why the judges only picked one of Wilson's names, not both (readers were allowed to submit two names). I'm told that in reviewing all the submissions, the judges found that a significant number of entries didn't match up well with an overall theme, and so they decided to look at the names individually versus in pairs.

This, of course, is good news for you, readers. Instead of just one of you becoming the Grand Prize winner, Royal Caribbean will now have to award two Grand Prize winners.

Yeah. I saw that. That's pretty lame to do that. Hmmm . . . Quite a few people didn't follow the instructions we gave them about choosing two names that relate to a theme. Let's just change the rules for those who couldn't follow instructions.

I agree............not right to change the rules AFTER the fact......it was harder to come up with 2 names that went together........

Oh well, maybe it will give us all a better chance..........we'll see......

I'd love to know what the caller ID said.......cuz if I get calls that say restricted,unavailable,etc.....I dont answer........

Archived