NAME THE SHIPS Genisis

Congrats, Kitty!

Even though I still think my names are better descriptions of the cruise experience, at least your husband explained the rationale behind them. You were chosen and I wasn't.

More importantly, I am so glad that you are people who have cruised before, understand what it really is about, and are hooked. This adds a tremendous amount of credibility to the contest and makes the contest that much less a farce! Because you have a cruise history to talk about, even the article was better!

Hi Brian :)

The article says:

Meanwhile, return here to the Cruise Log: http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/default.aspx next week, when USA TODAY readers will have a chance to vote on their favorite of the finalists' names, as a Readers' Choice.

Looks like they will open the voting Friday the 25th.

Thank you ! I wasn't sure what day they were going to pick, or if they were going to keep it on friday as with the drawing. Enjoy whatever trip they grant you !

I just voted, and it looks like I voted for the one that is winning right now.

Here is the current breakdown with 427 votes in

Mosaic/Coronation: 6% (the worst)

Oasis/Allure: 25% (My second favorite)

Utopia/Allure: 5% (The second worst)

Epic/Amazement: 6% (the third worst)

Mystique/Allure: 37% (My favorite)

Oasis/Utopia: 21% (my third favorite)

We will see on or before May 31 who will be the winner, and what names will be chosen.

The voting has started!!!!!

Who cares?

This is just a straw poll and means nothing.

This whole contest was a total farce. RCCL should apologize to all of us who actually spent time trying to win according to the RULES.

Who cares?

This is just a straw poll and means nothing.

This whole contest was a total farce. RCCL should apologize to all of us who actually spent time trying to win according to the RULES.

I'm sure that there are plenty of people that would agree with you! I think that they already have the names, but wanted to see what people think and who they could give a free trip too. There is just reason to be nasty to people that are letting others know what is going on!!!

I'm sure that there are plenty of people that would agree with you! I think that they already have the names, but wanted to see what people think and who they could give a free trip too. There is just reason to be nasty to people that are letting others know what is going on!!!

Huh???

• 8 months later...
I submitted-

Olympus of the Seas (as in Mount Olympus)

and

Atlantis of the Seas

My husband submitted-

Titan of the Seas

and

Maximus of the Seas

Thats interesting. I like those names, but... Titanic was the sister ship of Olympic. A third, Gigantic, was renamed Brittanic after the 1912 disaster. It sank in 1916 after striking a mine. Perhaps Royal Caribbean decined to engage in such hubris. Bruce Ismay thought technolgy had conquered the sea, so he named them for deities once believed to control the natural world. He was wrong.

Archived