NAME THE SHIPS Genisis

I think the first name revealed is the key one. People will have more time to get used to that name. It will be out there the longest to get support.

kind of interesting the names and how they will reveal them and the relevance of the order they are revealed. Just some thoughts:)

I also think they are looking for a pair of names relating to each other with a possible third related name.

Freedom Family: Freedom, Liberty, Independence

Voyager Family (all nautical): Explorer, Voyager, Navigator, Mariner, Adventure

Cannon Ball of the Seas in combo with Headphones of the Seas would probably not even be considered. A person with the entry of Headphone of the Seas and Surround Sound of the Seas or Cannon Ball of the Seas and Sinking of the Seas would probably stand a better chance. :D

I also think they are looking for a pair of names relating to each other with a possible third related name.

Cannon Ball of the Seas in combo with Headphones of the Seas would probably not even be considered. A person with the entry of Headphone of the Seas and Surround Sound of the Seas or Cannon Ball of the Seas and Sinking of the Seas would probably stand a better chance. :D

Uh-oh . . . What goes with Synergy and Fusion?? Symbiosis of the Seas doesn't have much ring to it.

How about - Unity of the Seas?

*goes off to check thesaurus for other ideas*

I love the Synergy class :)

I thought of other names for the Rhythm class too... too bad they didn't let us submit them as well so they could see the pattern.

I submitted:

Rhythm

Cadence

But also had these on my list that went with them:

Tempo

Harmony

Melody

Symphony

(I wonder if the judges are reading these boards)

If so, maybe we should act a little more humble so they don't think we are too full of ourselves and toss our entries lol

I totally agree. In my group, we were all working on "class" names. If the genesis class of ships is going to grow, you need names that unite each other.

I have to say tho, my favorite names are in the lyrical class. Rhythm, Symphony those kind of names.

soooooooooooooooooo anyone get a call??? :eek:

no one has called me and I mean NO ONE..not even a wrong number..lol..

Have you checked to make sure your phone is working?

I got a phone call a few hours ago from this man who sounded very official (and had a foreign accent). I almost swallowed my gum when he ask for me by my first AND last name, and said he was calling from Florida (I had no idea where RCCL is located but Florida sounded like a place a cruise ship place would be lol). I was all shaking while he tried to verify my "information". Then, he frikkin proceeded to TRY to sell me a stupid time share.... UGHHHHHHH!

Have you checked to make sure your phone is working?

I got a phone call a few hours ago from this man who sounded very official (and had a foreign accent). I almost swallowed my gum when he ask for me by my first AND last name, and said he was calling from Florida (I had no idea where RCCL is located but Florida sounded like a place a cruise ship place would be lol). I was all shaking while he tried to verify my "information". Then, he frikkin proceeded to TRY to sell me a stupid time share.... UGHHHHHHH!

yea it's working, my dd's friends call so I know it is working! :rolleyes: ...and I am still waiting!!! I guess I would rather win the HUGE powerball that is going on right now!!! almost 300 million dollars!! but still I sit, and wait for the call...lol....

lol@your call..I would have almost swallowed my gum too!!! I have answered calls that I normally would not just "in case"..lol..

someone out there should be very happy about now!!! (the person who did get the call!) :cool:

someone out there should be very happy about now!!! (the person who did get the call!) :cool:

You know... we don't REALLY know if they were going to call ANYONE today... we don't even know if they will announce the NAMES of the finalists or just the names that they submitted. That way they would not have to get ahold of the finalist in ONE day.

This whole contest seems to be moving rather fast.... how can they possibly contact the finalist before announcing them if they say they will make at least three attempts... (I am assuming those attempts would have to be on different days and not three calls one after the other).

Legally, can they announce the names of the finalists before getting all of the proper paperwork signed? I still have to wonder if they will just be announcing the "ship names" that are finalists... just in case someone cannot meet the requirements.

(Damn it, my passport still has not arrived).

Hi' date=' can someone let me know what the link is again for the results that will start being announced tomorrow?

Thanks,[/quote']

Hey Rob..hope all is well. I suspect you submitted a name..good luck to you:)

Here is the link

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/namethatship.aspx

I still go and enjoy your youtube video of the Freedom Inaugural...might I see you on the inaugural of Genesis class? Many of the Freedom Inaugural cruisers will be there.

You know... we don't REALLY know if they were going to call ANYONE today... we don't even know if they will announce the NAMES of the finalists or just the names that they submitted. That way they would not have to get ahold of the finalist in ONE day.

This whole contest seems to be moving rather fast.... how can they possibly contact the finalist before announcing them if they say they will make at least three attempts... (I am assuming those attempts would have to be on different days and not three calls one after the other).

Legally, can they announce the names of the finalists before getting all of the proper paperwork signed? I still have to wonder if they will just be announcing the "ship names" that are finalists... just in case someone cannot meet the requirements.

(Damn it, my passport still has not arrived).

you and I are just WAY over thinking this whole thing..lol..;)

All of this makes me very glad I submitted mine on day 1. :) Whether that pays off for me or not remains to be seen.

Magnificence and Colossus were the names I tossed in. Figure the ships are ridiculously huge so go for huge names :D

OMG. We had 1 hang up call yesterday, and 1 today. LOL:D Which is funny because no one ever calls us during the day except sales people either. I should have read the rules before I put our home phone down as our daytime number! OH NO! :eek:

The suspense is fun, too. With duplicates, there is unfortunately....only a snowball's chance. :)

Magnificence and Colossus were the names I tossed in. Figure the ships are ridiculously huge so go for huge names :D

Since folks are explaining the logic behind their submittals, I thought I'd explain mine...

I figured it was fairly self-evident that the ships were large ...or spectacular...

I wanted to convey a different message...

I know that Royal Caribbean is very conscious of environmental concerns...that they have a duty to take care of the seas, not to abuse them...

Hence, my choices of...

"Champion of the Seas" and

"Guardian of the Seas"...

There are two meanings to the word "Champion"...One conveys being an overall winner or the best at a competion...But it also means to "champion a cause"--to stand for something, to protect and defend it...

Same with "Guardian"--it is someone who watches over something...that's responsible for its charge's well being...

I sure hope the folks at Royal Caribbean picked up on that...They didn't give us a space to explain our choices...

BTW, had there been four blanks, I would have followed the theme with...

"Defender of the Seas" and

"Protector of the Seas"...

All of this makes me very glad I submitted mine on day 1. :) Whether that pays off for me or not remains to be seen.

Hey are you from ST J, MO?? I am near there :)

Mosaic of the Seas & Kaleidoscope of the Seas....

I do really like Promise of the Seas!

WOW - one was this week's winner, and the other was also mentioned in the article! The guy who won must have submitted his entry REALLY early.

Since folks are explaining the logic behind their submittals, I thought I'd explain mine...

I figured it was fairly self-evident that the ships were large ...or spectacular...

I wanted to convey a different message...

I know that Royal Caribbean is very conscious of environmental concerns...that they have a duty to take care of the seas, not to abuse them...

Hence, my choices of...

"Champion of the Seas" and

"Guardian of the Seas"...

There are two meanings to the word "Champion"...One conveys being an overall winner or the best at a competion...But it also means to "champion a cause"--to stand for something, to protect and defend it...

Same with "Guardian"--it is someone who watches over something...that's responsible for its charge's well being...

I sure hope the folks at Royal Caribbean picked up on that...They didn't give us a space to explain our choices...

BTW, had there been four blanks, I would have followed the theme with...

"Defender of the Seas" and

"Protector of the Seas"...

Those are terrific choices, but . . .

I must be the winner. I was gone all day, and there was a hang-up call on my answering machine. Sorry.

1st name the ship finalist has been announced...Mosiac of the Seas. A 35 year old guy from Minnesota submitted that name. RC called him on Wed to let him know that he is a finalist.

So I'll be by my phone for the next 5 Wednesdays!

WOW - one was this week's winner, and the other was also mentioned in the article! The guy who won must have submitted his entry REALLY early.

There are no finalists listed on the site yet.... what article are you referring to? Where did you see this week's winner?

Archived