NAME THE SHIPS Genisis

Here is what I posted and why:

Elysium of the Seas because Elysium means any place or state of perfect happiness; or paradise

Arcadia of the Seas because Arcadia means any real or imaginary place offering peace and simplicity

when I cruise I am perfectly happy; in paradise and things are peaceful and simple :)

Hubby entered Revelation of the Seas and Maiden of the Seas

veryhotred, I think your entries are perfect ... wish I'd thought of 'em! Good luck!

I was thinking along the same lines as your DH: Revelation of the Seas and Epiphany of the Seas.

Hubby entered Siren of the Seas and Phoenix of the Seas.

Hope they have some results soon!

Jan

I entered "Inventor" and "Creator."

BTW, I've noticed several names beginning with the letter "P" which I find rather funny... Not sure if RCI wants any ship that can be nicknamed "POS."

I'm not sure POS is any worse than SOS as that's a cry for help! :D

RCI's recent ads have all focused on energy and adventure. So maybe those types of names will win - Expedition, Treasure, Inspiration, Mystery, etc. But I like Kaleidoscope and Aurora.

I did not vote but this thread is fun!

veryhotred, I think your entries are perfect ... wish I'd thought of 'em! Good luck!

I was thinking along the same lines as your DH: Revelation of the Seas and Epiphany of the Seas.

Hubby entered Siren of the Seas and Phoenix of the Seas.

Hope they have some results soon!

Jan

Wow, thank you so much!! I tried really hard..lol..not that I think I will win but I did try!! :p

The Titanic movie was on TV here locally last evening. I was watching it and they asked the builder how the name was chosen. I kind of smiled thinking of Genesis naming contest and he said they chose the name Titanic because it means of 'vast size or strength'

Hmmm isn't Genesis going to be of vast size or strength .... did anyone dare to suggest that name:D LOL

Titanic of the Seas... :)

Well, I'm guessing at least one finalist we'll be notified. I'm sure they'll be contacting people and confirming eligibility, etc., before posting winners on the website. Still awaiting that call / e-mail. :D

"To verify each potential Prize Winner, Royal Caribbean will send an email notification or call during regular business hours at the number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. After three (3) attempts, any failure to reach winner by email or phone may result in disqualification of the Prize Winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute Prize Winner from among all remaining eligible entries. "

Does anyone else find it a little odd that they won't leave any messages on your phone to let you know that you are a potential winner? :D :D :D

The Titanic movie was on TV here locally last evening. I was watching it and they asked the builder how the name was chosen. I kind of smiled thinking of Genesis naming contest and he said they chose the name Titanic because it means of 'vast size or strength'

Hmmm isn't Genesis going to be of vast size or strength .... did anyone dare to suggest that name:D LOL

Titanic of the Seas... :)

Well..we could combine Titanic of the Seas with Enormity of the Seas....:D

"To verify each potential Prize Winner, Royal Caribbean will send an email notification or call during regular business hours at the number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. After three (3) attempts, any failure to reach winner by email or phone may result in disqualification of the Prize Winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute Prize Winner from among all remaining eligible entries. "

Does anyone else find it a little odd that they won't leave any messages on your phone to let you know that you are a potential winner? :D :D :D

I think that is odd that they won't leave you a message :(..like screw you if you miss us..lol

I think that is odd that they won't leave you a message :(..like screw you if you miss us..lol

That's a fairly common rule in sweepstaking. Especially in sweeps/contests that they need to know you will accept. Because all the finalists will have to travel, not everyone is able to do that.(can't leave on short notice because they have to work, have kids etc) So they just want to confirm that you will be able to before they have to pick someone else.

So be sure to answer your phone ;) Because the caller ID might say unavailable. And lots of people just dismiss that as a telemarketer.

Wow, I could have already missed that call!! LOL:eek:

I NEVER answer unknown or out of area's! Well, I guess I lost. (at least that is what I can tell myself) I could have won the whole thing if I had JUST

ANSWERED my phone! HEE HEE HEE:rolleyes:

so how many of YOU dont answer unknown calls either?:p

Wow, I could have already missed that call!! LOL:eek:

I NEVER answer unknown or out of area's! Well, I guess I lost. (at least that is what I can tell myself) I could have won the whole thing if I had JUST

ANSWERED my phone! HEE HEE HEE:rolleyes:

so how many of YOU dont answer unknown calls either?:p

I'm one of those Neanderthal types who doesn't even have caller ID. So, when they call me later this week, I'll be answering the phone. :D

Archived