NAME THE SHIPS Genisis

The rules state that if two entries consist of the same names, the person who entered first gets the credit. When did you enter? ;) I entered the second day the contest was announced.

However, I bet if many duplicates of these entries arise, they're not that original and won't win anyway.

Good luck!

Looks like you beat me to the punch! Good luck to you, and if they do pick from the first entry and you meet all their qualifications--I wish you BON VOYAGE!

How funny...I also submitted Universe, coupled with Cosmos. I just don't remember when I entered...on day one or two...

Funny - Those were the same ones I entered! Day 1 or 2 too I think.

Good Choice!

My husband entered: Euphoria and Eutopia OTS

(Eutopia being a REAL Utopia, where Utopia is an imaginary place...)

We'll keep our fingers crossed for ours and all the other CCers to win!

My favorite was Rambo of the Seas! LOL!

My entries:

Pinnacle of the Seas

Paramount of the Seas

I've see Pinnacle, but not paired with Paramount. Come to think of it, did not see Paramount on this list. Love "Treasure" also.

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL! CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR!

The contest is now closed, I wonder how many readers of USA today entered that have never been on a cruise. Sure hope someone from these boards wins.... but whoever it is certainly will have a magnificent time !!! Good luck to everyone !!

I just found this thread today... I searched for one pertaining to the contest a few times, but didn't find one. Maybe that was a good thing, because I was forced to go with my heart on this one, and not "think" about new names based on a suggestion already made... you know how those things get you thinking.

My original thought was how the music never stopped on the Titanic...

so, I started brainstorming.

My list ended up as:

Rhythm

Cadence

Harmony

Tempo

Melody

Symphony

Having to narrow it down to only two, I ended up going with Rhythm and Cadence.

After reading this thread, I am glad I chose those two because Harmony, Melody, and Symphony have mentioned by others.

So far, I think my names are pretty unique :)

And, I love the sound of the Rhythm of the Seas and Cadence of the Seas... you can almost feel the waves moving under you... also, it brings to mind the music of the different places that are visited by cruise ships :)

I have never been on a cruise before.. but have my first one planned in August (to Alaska). It was a toss up between Alaska and London, so being named a finalist would be AWESOME... especially since the week of the London cruise is my birthday week :)

Well, based on the description of the contest, where they said they were looking for names that "encapsulate the universe of experiences a Royal Caribbean cruise provides its guests," I tried to think of names the represented different things working in harmony. So, I went with:

Symphony and Harmony

After seeing that those were not particularly unique choices, I got my wife to enter as well, and we came up with:

Synergy and Fusion

Those are at least more unique. I haven't seen anyone mention either of those names yet. And I think they're pretty cool names for a ship.

Synergy and Fusion

Those are at least more unique. I haven't seen anyone mention either of those names yet. And I think they're pretty cool names for a ship.

Those are indeed unique :)

I like them... I guess I will be meeting you on the trip to London ;)

I finally made a signature, but for some reason it is not showing up... do they not show on old posts?

I see it...if you don't go to the "user cp" in the upper left hand corner and then edit options, you need to turn your signatures back on.

I see it...if you don't go to the "user cp" in the upper left hand corner and then edit options, you need to turn your signatures back on.

I see it NOW... but not on old posts that were made prior to the signature.

Archived