NAME THE SHIPS Genisis

9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. I submitted the names Journey and Expedition of the Seas! I did not want to post because I did not want to give away my name JOURNEY! I really hope RCCL Judges want a Journey Class of Ships! I also like Harmony and Symphony of the Seas! I read all the rules on Saturday morning and they stated that they did not want the ships names to focus soley on the sheer size but to encapsulate the universe of experiences that a Royal Caribbean cruise provides it's guests! I thought a "JOURNEY CLASS" would fit rather nicely with the Voyager Class and tell the experience of what the Genesis ships would be A JOURNEY! I hope no one else entered Journey and Expedition of the Seas on Friday Jan. 18th! I really really want to be chosen as a semi fianlist to fly to Enlgland with my Hubby and enjoy a two night sailing on the brand new and beautiful Independence of the Seas! This would be a Dream Come True!!! Best of Luck to Each and Everyone one of us!!! Happy Naming of Genesis!!! Melissa

I figured since a person had already posted Journey I figured I had nothing to loose because now that name was out there on these boards! I still was afraid to post because I thought I might jinx myself! After I thought about it for awhile I realized that it's now out of my control now and it's all up to the RCCL Judges as to what they decide and what they feel is best suited for the naming of the Genesis ships! I think it will prove to be very interesting to find out in the next few weeks what they decide on and who the 6 semi finalists will be! Happy Genesis Naming and Best of Luck!!! Melissa

Leviathan of the Seas

Behemoth of the Seas

Goliath of the Seas

Small Floating Nation of the Seas

Name 'em as you see 'em...;)

Dave

Drat and double drat, Leviathan and Behemoth were my two ideas, I was just scanning to see if anyone else had them. Mind you, I assume citizens of the Emerald Isle are barred from entering.

I must say, of all the names I've seen here, Symphony of the Seas is the one which I liked best, but I think that one of the other lines has a Symphony already (spot the cruising newbie!!)

Many great ideas here, folks!:)

The three cruisers in my family submitted these possibilities; we had lots of fun brainstorming ideas on Saturday morning!:D

• Fellowship & Brotherhood of the Seas!
  • Matriarch & Patriarch of the Seas!
  • Paragon & Quintessence of the Seas!

Paragon

1. an ideal instance, a perfect embodiment of something

2.a model of excellence or perfection of a kind; one having no equal

Quintessence

1. the pure and concentrated essence of a substance.

2. The most perfect embodiment of something.

3. (in ancient and medieval philosophy) the fifth essence or element, ether, supposed to be the constituent matter of the heavenly bodies, the others being air, fire, earth, and water.

Lots of luck to everyone... It's fun dreaming about winning, isn't it?:);):D

9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. I submitted the names Journey and Expedition of the Seas! I did not want to post because I did not want to give away my name JOURNEY! I really hope RCCL Judges want a Journey Class of Ships! I also like Harmony and Symphony of the Seas! I read all the rules on Saturday morning and they stated that they did not want the ships names to focus soley on the sheer size but to encapsulate the universe of experiences that a Royal Caribbean cruise provides it's guests! I thought a "JOURNEY CLASS" would fit rather nicely with the Voyager Class and tell the experience of what the Genesis ships would be A JOURNEY! I hope no one else entered Journey and Expedition of the Seas on Friday Jan. 18th! I really really want to be chosen as a semi fianlist to fly to Enlgland with my Hubby and enjoy a two night sailing on the brand new and beautiful Independence of the Seas! This would be a Dream Come True!!! Best of Luck to Each and Everyone one of us!!! Happy Naming of Genesis!!! Melissa

Those are good names, but I think they are a little too close to the Voyager class names. They would fit well if they ever had a few more Voyager class ships though.

I think it will be very interesting to see what theme Royal Caribbean wants to go with! I originally was going to go that route but then I thought it was too much like Crystal Cruiselines names because they have a Symphony and Harmony and I wanted to stay more along the lines of Royal Caribbean's cruise ships! That is why I decided to with Journey and Expedition because I think Genesis ships will be a Journey and an Expedition all on their own! I do also like the other names but I thought it was related to Crystal's theme ship names! I wanted names that word flow and work with Royal Caribbean's ships and not another brand! This is just my opinion of course but I do indeed like all the above names! I think It will prove to be very interesting what the Judges are going to be looking for! All of us who have entered have such a long wait ahead of us! Hubby and I have to FINALLY now get our Passports just in case... I Hope I Hope... we have to fly to London the week of April 28th! Best of Luck to Everyone! Happy Naming of Genesis!!! Melissa

I think I spent an hour using the thesaurus in Word trying to figure out something creative...not much luck!! :confused: I entered Pursuit of the Seas and Seeker of the Seas. My only hope is if they toss out the point system and pull the winning entry of of a hat:rolleyes: Good luck to all of you!

Among the whole family, we went with

Galaxy OTS

Universe OTS

Castle OTS

Palace OTS

Incandescence OTS

Illumination OTS

Sonnet OTS

Epic OTS

Dad still has to enter...

Remember to spell your names correctly, even though the rules did not say spelling will be factored into the point system:D

Many great ideas here, folks!:)

The three cruisers in my family submitted these possibilities; we had lots of fun brainstorming ideas on Saturday morning!:D

• Fellowship & Brotherhood of the Seas!
  • Matriarch & Patriarch of the Seas!
  • Paragon & Quintessence of the Seas!

Paragon

1. an ideal instance, a perfect embodiment of something

2.a model of excellence or perfection of a kind; one having no equal

Quintessence

1. the pure and concentrated essence of a substance.

2. The most perfect embodiment of something.

3. (in ancient and medieval philosophy) the fifth essence or element, ether, supposed to be the constituent matter of the heavenly bodies, the others being air, fire, earth, and water.

Lots of luck to everyone... It's fun dreaming about winning, isn't it?:);):D

We submitted Paragon of the Seas on Friday. Also did Bounty of the Seas.

Archived