NAME THE SHIPS Genisis

I really like Infinity and Eternity those may very well be the winning names! Best of Luck to each and everyone! I think it is going to be very difficult for the Judges to decide! I suppose that is why they are using a point based system for Judging! Happy Naming Genesis!!! Melissa

Based on Mr. Goldsteins interview and vision of these new ships encompassing endless opportunities in cruising, I submitted my choices last week.

Infinity of the seas

Eternity of the seas

We must think alike! I also submitted Eternity of the Seas as the name for one of the ships, and I liked Infinity as the name for the other, but I didn't submit that one since Celebrity has a ship with that name. Instead, I submitted Endurance of the Seas as the name of the second ship.

Based on Mr. Goldsteins interview and vision of these new ships encompassing endless opportunities in cruising, I submitted my choices last week.

Infinity of the seas

Eternity of the seas

Oh wow, those are great names!

I chose:

Inspiration

Illumination

Oh, I did "Treasure of the Seas" also! But my other was "Fortune of the Seas".

They say that Great Minds Think Alike!

Java

That is the exact same combination that I came up with!!!

"Treasure of the Seas" and "Fortune of the Seas"

I can see coming up with something original will be HARD!!

I also did "Aurora of the Seas" and "Corona of the Seas" for my husband. I wonder how many of THOSE there will be?

After reading the rules and the article written a few months ago in USA today it seems pretty important that the name really convey the essence of the ships, like many have commented here. So here's my best shot - my husband and I both entered the following names a day or two after the contest started:

Masterpiece of the Seas

Treasure of the Seas

and

Expedition of the Seas

Quest of the Seas

Good luck everyone - hope someone from the boards wins!!

Doreen

The Royal Caribbean site (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/contests.do) says "In your search for the perfect name, just think of two corresponding names ending in "of the Seas" (for example, Freedom of the Seas) that doesn't necessarily refer to size or grandeur, but that speaks to the most fulfilling vacation of your entire life."

I had a hard time coming up with one word for the most fulfilling vacation of my entire life, but in the end I thought Fiesta was appropriate. A cruise is definitely a party or celebration of getting away. So "Fiesta of the Seas" was my first submission.

The other one focused on that I like to go on all inclusive vacations where everything is taken care of. I had a hard time coming up with a good word for that, but eventually settled on "Unity of the Seas." Unity as in a whole or complete experience with nothing left out. I've seen that others have submitted Unity and I think I submitted it on Thursday so I'm not sure on the timing on that.

Best of luck to all!

Archived