Flash Sales

MistyMoo

TA's get e-mails. I'm not certain if signing up for the special offers gets them for you or not (i.e. I don't get them on my Captains' Circle e-mails, but do get them in my registered TA e-mail). Flash priices have to be paid in full within 24 hours of booking, and are non-refundable (and are for new bookings only), so you need to be certain that what you get is what you want. That said, some of them are pretty good deals.

TA's get e-mails. I'm not certain if signing up for the special offers gets them for you or not (i.e. I don't get them on my Captains' Circle e-mails, but do get them in my registered TA e-mail). Flash priices have to be paid in full within 24 hours of booking, and are non-refundable (and are for new bookings only), so you need to be certain that what you get is what you want. That said, some of them are pretty good deals.

I get all of them in my business box, and only a few in my personal - generally keyed to my preferences, as near as I can tell, although it may just be because I have taken them up on a couple, so they have me on THAT list.

My next suggestion was going to be, let your TA know what you are interested in, and they will probably be more than happy to forward what they get.

You won't find as many flash sales on Princess as perhaps other cruiselines. Most of the cruises/itineraries are sold out completely months before the cruise. Sometimes, a major TA agency will hold a block of cabins and if they can't sell them, they're returned to inventory.

As the others have said, keep watching and sign up at several online agencies to receive notifications of sales.

Thanks. I have been looking at various internet sites to see if I find anything. I can't access the Princess US site, as I am currently in the UK and access is restricted. I sometimes get e-mails from Princess, but not too frequently, and I don't want to miss out on a good deal.

Would someone define flash sales? Thanks.

A flash promotion on Princess is normally a limited time price reduction for 'new bookings only' that occurs after final payment date on a cruise, to assist them by slashing the price to sell staterooms still available. These used to occur quite often, and actually did happen on our Egypt/Aegean Cruise in November/December.

With so many unsold cabins, several on our roll call cancelled before final payment, and waited until the price dropped to rebook. Doing this saved them a substantial amount.

But normally these days, this occurs on more exotic itinerays as the 7-10 day sailings to say, the Caribbean, can sell out and the price can possibly go up, not down after final payment.

They are run only when there is a certain percentage of staterooms still available to fill the ship.

A flash promotion on Princess is normally a limited time price reduction for 'new bookings only' that occurs after final payment date on a cruise, to assist them by slashing the price to sell staterooms still available. These used to occur quite often, and actually did happen on our Egypt/Aegean Cruise in November/December.

With so many unsold cabins, several on our roll call cancelled before final payment, and waited until the price dropped to rebook. Doing this saved them a substantial amount.

But normally these days, this occurs on more exotic itinerays as the 7-10 day sailings to say, the Caribbean, can sell out and the price can possibly go up, not down after final payment.

They are run only when there is a certain percentage of staterooms still available to fill the ship.

How can you tell how well a cruise is sailing? What are the indicators, so someone could track it and take advantage of what you describe?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, the only way publically is to check each category cabin. If it shows 9 available, that is the maximum they will let come up at one time. It doesn't mean there are only 9 available, there could be 30, you just never know. When the inventory shows less than 6 stateroom numbers, then that means that category is selling out and that is all that is left for booking. And you have to keep an eye on EACH category to see how well a certain voyage is selling. Kind of depends how much time you have to continue to check each several times each day as the sailing grows closer. And watch the pricing, if it goes up, that normally means the ship is selling well, down, means they are trying to sell those available staterooms. At least that is how we have tracked it in the past. ;)

Actually - there are quite a few flash sales. Just notify your agent that you are interested in and they can let you know what they are.

As an example - right now here are some flash specials:

Mex Riveria for Golden - Febr 23 and March 1 for $399 inside, $449 outside, $699 balcony

Mex Riveria for Dawn - March 2 - $399 inside, $499 outside, $699 balcony. March 9th is $449 inside, $549 outside, $699 balcony.

Crown Princess Southern Caribbean March 8 - $599 inside, $649 outside

Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean - March 16th $599 inside, $899 balcony, $1199 minisuite.

On this flash special sent to agents, there are 16 sailings from end of Feb through March that are on flash just for the Caribbean/Mexico. These prices do not include fuel charges.

Toto: Actually, the number is 9. If it shows 9 there can be any number available. Any number less than 9 is the actual number of cabins available.

Opps, sorry, hit the wrong number, I must be looking at my keyboard upside down this morning. Thanks for the correction. <<<blushing>>>

I did a quick edit of that post, to correct my error. Just so others don't think we are talking crazy like. LOL

Mike, the only way publically is to check each category cabin. If it shows 9 available, that is the maximum they will let come up at one time. It doesn't mean there are only 9 available, there could be 30, you just never know. When the inventory shows less than 6 stateroom numbers, then that means that category is selling out and that is all that is left for booking. And you have to keep an eye on EACH category to see how well a certain voyage is selling. Kind of depends how much time you have to continue to check each several times each day as the sailing grows closer. And watch the pricing, if it goes up, that normally means the ship is selling well, down, means they are trying to sell those available staterooms. At least that is how we have tracked it in the past. ;)

Toto2Kansas,

Thanks. Just to clarify for me (I'm kind of slow). What you are describing is going to princess's web site, logging in, selecting a cruise, and walking through the steps to reserve a room, correct? I just did that for a cruise we already have booked and paid for, got all the way to the spot where it gave me 5 cabins in my category of choice to pick from, or a GTY, and I backed back out. Is that what you mean by 9 or fewer, or is it somewhere else? Can you do this on other web sites, other than Princess?

Thanks again,

Mike

Toto2Kansas,

Thanks. Just to clarify for me (I'm kind of slow). What you are describing is going to princess's web site, logging in, selecting a cruise, and walking through the steps to reserve a room, correct? I just did that for a cruise we already have booked and paid for, got all the way to the spot where it gave me 5 cabins in my category of choice to pick from, or a GTY, and I backed back out. Is that what you mean by 9 or fewer, or is it somewhere else? Can you do this on other web sites, other than Princess?

Thanks again,

Mike

Actually - there are quite a few flash sales. Just notify your agent that you are interested in and they can let you know what they are.

As an example - right now here are some flash specials:

Mex Riveria for Golden - Febr 23 and March 1 for $399 inside, $449 outside, $699 balcony

Mex Riveria for Dawn - March 2 - $399 inside, $499 outside, $699 balcony. March 9th is $449 inside, $549 outside, $699 balcony.

Crown Princess Southern Caribbean March 8 - $599 inside, $649 outside

Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean - March 16th $599 inside, $899 balcony, $1199 minisuite.

On this flash special sent to agents, there are 16 sailings from end of Feb through March that are on flash just for the Caribbean/Mexico. These prices do not include fuel charges.

Okay, so it's just another term for specials. That doesn't seem like that good of a price on Golden, or at least any better than what I booked our upcoming 1/26 for. Seems like I booked back in Oct or Nov.

Okay, so it's just another term for specials. That doesn't seem like that good of a price on Golden, or at least any better than what I booked our upcoming 1/26 for. Seems like I booked back in Oct or Nov.

If you are cruising at the end of January - this is one of the cheapest times to cruise (early Nov, Early Dec and January are usually very cheap). March and April are prime spring break time for families and generally, these prices are higher. Actually, for spring break, these are good prices.

Flash prices are generally last minute sale prices that occur after final payment (but not always).

Toto2Kansas,

Thanks again,

Mike

Mike, Yes, that is exactly correct. Just do that with each category to see what is left in the cabin inventory. There are many websites you can do the same thing with, but they will usually show exactly what Princess is showing for availability.

Archived