All things Independence of the Seas

Nice video :D

I was up at 05:00 today and watched Independence pass Cowes on the Isle-Of-Wight on the webcam, she passed at 05:29 and it was just getting light.

At last Independence is home :D :D :D

Another 105 days to go,cant wait for that first drink on board. :)

For anyone who is interested, I found this in the mini-review of Independence:

First off, all pools are heated for the U.K.'s slightly chillier climates. Secondly, we all know how much Brits love a cup of tea. And quite frankly when we want a cup, we want it now. Royal Caribbean's solution? It put kettles and tea-making facilities in the rooms -- a first for the cruise line.

I bring my own tea and am forever running up to the windjammer to get hot water, very happy to see that it will be in the room for our TA in November

Wow she looks amazing ... thank you so much to everyone for sharing all this info.

I so wish we could go down this weekend, but with GCSE's looming, it wouldn't be fair on our boys

We will just have to wait until August

Joanne,

Thanks for the snippet on the tea. You cant beat a cup of English breakfast tea to get the day started. Even better to hear there will be tea making facilities in the cabin so I will make room in my suitcase to bring the best tea in the world which is an own brand which I buy from a regional local supermarket.

Isn't if funny that no matter where you go in the world, a coffee pot seems to be what everyone looks for, not me!!! So glad to meet a few tea lovers out there, and I'm not even from across the pond... I just know a good drink when I taste it :)

Just seen her in the docks. She looks amazing!! And HUGE!!!!!

Wasn't able to get a close up from Mayflower park due to the setting up of the festival (looks just like a big mobile fun fair) but was able to get some pictures from the top of West Quay car park and from the end of the pier. Looks very shiny and new. Can't find the cable for my camera, but once I do, I'll try and get the kids to work out how to post them.

Yes indeed ... HUGE is the word.

I took some photos too. Hopefully will get them online after I have had a spot of lunch.

A good vantage point for seeing the ship is at the top of the nearby Podium multistory car park - head to level 15. £1.60 min stay if you park there too.

The corner window in Marks and Spencer does not give a good view. There is a new building being constructed which is now tall enough (approx 7 floors) to block the view. Ironically the new building is Carnivals new UK headquarters!

The end of Mayflower park closest was open when we went along this morning. But they are making plans for the fair and festival there. So lots of tents and marquees were being put up. Also a play area covered with sand to appear like a caribbean resort. We dodged around a partial barrier with a restricted access sign (to take photos) and no-one seemed to mind. But later the area may be a little harder to access.

Roll on Aug for our cruise on IOS. We are really excited now!!!