I personally could do without....

Sky Sweet

Is there any aspect of a Celebrity Cruise that you would not miss, if they brought back something in its place?

Until relatively recently, there were bands for dancing in at least two lounges every night on our Celebrity Cruises, so it was easy to dance the night away.

If they would bring that back, as well as the bridge program, I could personally do without their production shows.

Are those real people at the art auctions at sea? I have yet to hear anybody on these boards say they enjoy or attend the art auctions, yet they always seem somewhat crowded. I can't figure out if they are dummies (not dumbies) or perhaps staff members instructed to pose as passengers to try and make it look like something interesting is going on.

Sorry, I do love the spa...well it's the massages that I really love. But, what I could go without is the sales pitch after the massage. I really DON'T need the $300 XYZ product you are trying to sell me to release the tension in my back when I get home. I'll just get another massage :D

I have to agree that the art auctions can go - not just for Celebrity but for all cruise lines.

I also wouldn't be crying if they got rid of the wine tasting seminars. I have never really looked at a cruise as my 'opportunity' to go sample different vintages.

I could do without the spa (massages are too expensive at them, compared to home), the art auctions, the "appetizers" in the suites (gag), the port talks (sales pitch) and the baked Alaska parade. I would also be willing to reduce the number of formal/informal nights on ALL cruises to just ONE. It would make dressing up on that one night so different that I would want to do it. By the end of the cruise dressing up is the last thing I feel like doing again.

Grace... I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates that parade. ;) We always leave before it starts. We tell our waiter and asst, of course, that we won't be there for it. Once the waiters disappear to go get in line... we disappear, too.

I could do without:

--Art auctions

--Baked Alaskan parade

--Production shows

--Smoking in Cabins

Bring on:

--More individual acts (comedians, bands, magicians...,)

--More lectures at sea (We had Dr Ruth on one cruise and she was great)

--The $12 bag of laundry (Like HAL does)

--Alternative restaurants (Galaxy and Mercury)

Enjoy!

Kel

I like just about everything :)

The only things we really don't partake in on a cruise are the art auctions, the special parties for anniversary guests or repeat guests, and maybe some of the lectures like the shopping one. I agree about the cell phone towers!

We try to do (or buy :eek:) everything else! And we do love formal nights and could do without casual nights ;)

Kelmac, I agree wholeheartedly about the smoking in cabins thing!!! (where was my brain???)

Also, I like the idea of more comedians & magicians & bands a LOT!:D

And you saw DR. RUTH??? I have no doubt that was incredibly enriching & entertaining!

I could do without:

--Art auctions

--Baked Alaskan parade

--Production shows

--Smoking in Cabins

Bring on:

--More individual acts (comedians, bands, magicians...,)

--More lectures at sea (We had Dr Ruth on one cruise and she was great)

--The $12 bag of laundry (Like HAL does)

--Alternative restaurants (Galaxy and Mercury)

Enjoy!

Kel

Hi Kelmac :)

I agree with everything on both of your lists :)

With all of the money Celebrity would save by not having production shows, they could afford to hire very good individual entertainers and lecturers.

Kelmac, I agree wholeheartedly about the smoking in cabins thing!!! (where was my brain???)

Also, I like the idea of more comedians & magicians & bands a LOT!:D

And you saw DR. RUTH??? I have no doubt that was incredibly enriching & entertaining!

Hi usha,

Yes, Dr Ruth was on the Galaxy 12/17/2006. Panama Canal Cruise. She was onboard the entire time, did three lectures and ate in the main dining room. She was very pleasant and approachable. (very small -- maybe 4' 10" -- 147 cm). Blunt, funny, and honest -- she could could get anyone to open up to her -- amazing!

Kel:)

Grace... I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates that parade. ;) We always leave before it starts. We tell our waiter and asst, of course, that we won't be there for it. Once the waiters disappear to go get in line... we disappear, too.

MEcruzr -- our MO too! :) The first 5, or 6, or 7 were fine, but after 27 cruises -- by the way, we are getting pretty stealthy making the exit:rolleyes: !

Kel

Hi usha,

Yes, Dr Ruth was on the Galaxy 12/17/2006. Panama Canal Cruise. She was onboard the entire time, did three lectures and ate in the main dining room. She was very pleasant and approachable. (very small -- maybe 4' 10" -- 147 cm). Blunt, funny, and honest -- she could could get anyone to open up to her -- amazing!

Kel:)

I've heard that her license plate says:

GRRRR86:cool:

another vote to get rid of art auctions--they clutter up so much space & constantly advertise

can also do without port shopping talks, slow internet, the present spa operators--prefer Canyon Ranch management, baked Alaska parade, late night grand buffet--how about a nice desset buffet around 11 pm for all to pig out at?

and

large groups & endless sales pitches disguised as enhancments for the guests!

Most everything else I either like/love or do not have any objections to.....

Archived