Suggstions for Roatan

newenglander58

Hi all - DH and I will be on Roatan for my birthday - any suggestions for a fun day - we really aren't big "water sport" people.

Thanks,

Paula

Hi Paula!

I highly recommend going zip-lining. DH and I went last year in Roatan with Victor Bodden - we LOVED it! We got a tour of the island (beautiful) after we went. I'd go again in a heartbeat. We're not big 'beachy' folks either...(oh, and prepare for this thread to be moved to the ports of call board...) Happy early birthday and enjoy your cruise!

Hi Paula!

I highly recommend going zip-lining. DH and I went last year in Roatan with Victor Bodden - we LOVED it! We got a tour of the island (beautiful) after we went. I'd go again in a heartbeat. We're not big 'beachy' folks either...(oh, and prepare for this thread to be moved to the ports of call board...) Happy early birthday and enjoy your cruise!

We also used Victor's company...great tour. The private car took you around the island and stopped at the places you wanted to go for how ever long you wanted to stay...beaches, shopping, eating...all the while pointing out things to you and giving you some background on it.

It's a beautiful natural undeveloped port.:cool:

We booked independantly with Capt Van in Roatan, Group or 12 and we are not beach people and were not sure about ziplining since so many in our group were scared of heights - but had a great time. If you do anything book an excursion that leaves the port area. After ziplining our driver (who was excellent and ours for the day - $25/pp book on line but pay when excursion completed) took us to the west end for lunch and drinks at a fantastic restrauant that sat over the water. And then took us back a different way so that we could see all of the island. Finished up shopping at the port with the locals before boarding. We wished that the ship was in port for a longer period of time.

Hi Paula!

2nd that.. Victor was great!

Can you book the tour without the ziplining? Interested only in $25 pp driving and stopping at the West end for lunch & cocktails.

You can do anything you want, you tell your driver what you would like to do. We set everything up on the internet and followed up the week before we were to leave on the cruise. Our driver was Willie Rivers and he gave us his card should we ever come back.

Hi all - DH and I will be on Roatan for my birthday - any suggestions for a fun day - we really aren't big "water sport" people.

Thanks,

Paula

We did Roatan a few years ago and loved the horse backriding and beach resort at Tabyana.Hair braiding is cheap and fabulous.We had great hospitality and would go back there again:D

• 4 weeks later...
You dont have to be a water person to enjoy Tabayana beach. :D

Fred

I have to second that! When we went to Roatan we went to Tabyana Beach and it was the most beautiful water I have ever seen in my life. My 3 year old son took one look at the water and asked "Momma, is that a bathtub?" He had never seen water that clear and blue. We had a blast that day!

Not sure if it is still offered because it was a few years ago, but the dolphin encounter was wonderful; one of our most cherished excursions ever! The whole thing was videotaped and we bought a copy of the video after the excursion. Every so often we pop the tape into the VCR and enjoy the fond memories all over again..

DW does not know how to swim and hates the water, but she loved this experience, even though we had to wade into a lagoon to mingle with the animals.

Highly recommended..

Not sure if it is still offered because it was a few years ago, but the dolphin encounter was wonderful; one of our most cherished excursions ever! The whole thing was videotaped and we bought a copy of the video after the excursion. Every so often we pop the tape into the VCR and enjoy the fond memories all over again..

DW does not know how to swim and hates the water, but she loved this experience, even though we had to wade into a lagoon to mingle with the animals.

Highly recommended..

I 2nd that!!! This was the highlight of our cruise!!! Also Tabyana beach is not to be missed-its a true paradise!!!!

Carmel

I 2nd that!!! This was the highlight of our cruise!!! Also Tabyana beach is not to be missed-its a true paradise!!!!

Carmel

I agree also. We did the Dolphin Encounter and then Tabyana Beach and it ended up being our favorite port of the cruise.

We did the zip lining and Tabayana Beach through Carnivals Shore Excursion Desk and had a blast. I am not sure about the others, but this one had 14 platforms that you flew to, some as long as 600 feet. The beach is very nice, saw iguanas and the water is blue. Someone told us if you go after a heavy rain, the water is not as clear because of the run off from the surrounding hills dump some mud into the water. It was fine for us though. I highly recommend any zip lining, what an adrenaline rush!!

We were there in January on the Legend. Booked island tour, private driver for the day, with Victor Bodden. Added zipline what a great time. Ali our driver made you feel safe and the tour was great, even had a great time ziplining in the rain. Would book again in a minute.

We booked with Victor Bodden. We started our day going to the Zip Line, drove around the island and got a real personal view of the island! Our driver brought us to Victor's house to see an assortment of animals and we even got to see the dolphin show from a dock at a private house!

If you like animals and beautiful parks, playing with the monkeys at Gumbalima was amazing.

I noticed you are going to Roatan next week:D

Will you be going to Gumblimba again?

I think we are going to go to the park in April:D

Can you tell me more about your experience there, thanks.

If you want to just relax, Sante Wellness Day Spa is great. We went there several years ago and got massages and hung around with Angela and her husband. Here's a link to their website: http://www.santewellnesscenter.com/

Angela will pick you up at the ship.

Looks like they've added a lot since we were there.

Archived