Junior Suite (Balcony) on EOS

chefette

We booked a JS for our cruise and I am unsure of what this entitles us to, beside a great view! Is the concierge suite only for the larger suites? Does anyone know if bathrobes are supplied in the rooms? Can neighbors see into the balcony if we are in PJs? If there is a mini-bar is anything free (water, lemonade..) or is there a charge for everything? Is there a closet and can two adults/2 kids fit their clothes and shoes in it if we don't overpack? Can we charge the room tip to our account or do you leave cash the last day? Any other words of advice are helpful.

You get a bigger cabin and two cruise credits. You don't get access to the CL and nothing else is included.

From some ports you can get priority boarding.

We usually book a JS for the two of us, not sure we would put 4 in a cabin.

Depending on the ship you might have a walk-in closet. ETA I just saw that you are on AOS, yes you will have a small walk-in closet.

You can put the tips on your seapass or you can pay with cash.

###

We booked a JS for our cruise and I am unsure of what this entitles us to, beside a great view! Is the concierge suite only for the larger suites? Does anyone know if bathrobes are supplied in the rooms? Can neighbors see into the balcony if we are in PJs? If there is a mini-bar is anything free (water, lemonade..) or is there a charge for everything? Is there a closet and can two adults/2 kids fit their clothes and shoes in it if we don't overpack? Can we charge the room tip to our account or do you leave cash the last day? Any other words of advice are helpful.

(FYI, there are two EOSs. You need to specify which, but I looked and you're on Enchantment.)

What you get is two cruise credits, a larger cabin and priority boarding since you are sailing out of Fort Lauderdale.

I just came out of a JS on Enchantment a couple weeks ago. I had an aft JS, so you're mileage may be a little different. At least in regards to the closet. The closet in a JS is a small walk-in (comapred to the other EOS - Explorer). However, storage in the cabins is very clever so I don't think that would be a real issue as long as you are not monumental overpackers.

The bathroom has a real tub as opposed to the shower stall of the smaller cabins.

I think I saw that at least one of your kids is a teen. You might be a little tight on space only because it's a big bed for you and your spouse and a sofa-bed for your two kids. I don't think I can picture a roll-away in there as well, but you could always ask your room steward. You cannot be seen from above or below in your jammies (except in an aft cabin, if you come out from under the overhang to the railing). I guess your neighbors could make a concentrated effort to look around the divider, but it wouldn't be that easy either.

There is a mini-bar, but it only had lie a 6-pack of coke and a couple of bottles of water, none of which was free. Lemonade, water, ice tea, coffee and tea can be head at various venues (Windjammer, Solarium cafe) at no cost.

Final tips can be cash, pre-paid or pre-paid with cash bonus if you feel it warranted. Bring singles along if you get room-service or for tips you may want to give to porters or on excursions.

If you click my Enchantment link in my sig, you'll find my trip report plus pictures plus cruise compasses for all age groups for each day so you can get an idea of what's offered.

You get a bigger cabin and two cruise credits. You don't get access to the CL and nothing else is included.

From some ports you can get priority boarding.

We usually book a JS for the two of us, not sure we would put 4 in a cabin.

Depending on the ship you might have a walk-in closet. ETA I just saw that you are on AOS, yes you will have a small walk-in closet.

You can put the tips on your seapass or you can pay with cash.

###

Actually, she's on the Enchantment.

Chefette, a JS is going to be snug for four. It's doable, but only if you all REALLY get along well! ;)

Will your teens be able/willing to share a bed? There will be two single beds that can be pushed together and made up as a queen, but the other two berths are a sofabed. If your kids can't share a bed, you can give them the singles and you and DH sleep on the sofabed. Ask for an egg crate topper if you do that.

You aren't "entitled" to robes, but if you ask your cabin steward, s/he may well be able to get them for you.

The closet is not huge, but everything should fit, particularly for five nights.

There is a mini-fridge with sodas and water and candy and stuff (ours had Red Bull this week! :eek: ), but nothing is free. It will be charged to your SeaPass account. Go every day or so to the Purser's Desk and ask for a printout of your account so that you can keep tabs on it.

You can charge your gratuities on your SeaPass account, or leave cash, or charge and add extra cash. RC makes it easy. ;)

Thanks for the info.. Is it possible to upgrade to a larger suite for the 4 of us at the pier and do you think the cost is negotiable at that point if the room goes unsold? I don't even know what type of suite is the the next larger and what the upgrade would cost normally. We can all get along in the room we have, its only 5 nights and I know we won't be in the room much during the day.

Actually, anyone can lean around the partition for a "peek"! There are a couple of JS's that have a wall next to them, but only on one side. So while they are fairly private, they are not completely! PJ's are fine, tho--who cares if someone wants to peek at you while in your pjs!!!!

• 6 years later...

Counting down, one month to go until sailing on the Explorer of the Seas. Will a scooter fit in a JS cabin 1344. I had a scooter on NCL (mini suite) and it was a tight fit to get the scooter into the cabin. Any other advice for someone with limited flexibility should would be helpful to me. thanks.

Thanks for the info.. Is it possible to upgrade to a larger suite for the 4 of us at the pier and do you think the cost is negotiable at that point if the room goes unsold? I don't even know what type of suite is the the next larger and what the upgrade would cost normally. We can all get along in the room we have, its only 5 nights and I know we won't be in the room much during the day.

Doubtful. I haven't seen anyone report success with that for several years. It won't hurt to try. OTOH, I would upgrade now, or perhaps even switch to two rooms, kids in one you in the other. I usually am in the JS, and one bathroom can be problematic with just my wife and I around meal times. 4 of you seems like courting disaster.

Counting down, one month to go until sailing on the Explorer of the Seas. Will a scooter fit in a JS cabin 1344. I had a scooter on NCL (mini suite) and it was a tight fit to get the scooter into the cabin. Any other advice for someone with limited flexibility should would be helpful to me. thanks.

We had a JS on Explorer last month and one of our friends brought her scooter in. It was a squeeze through the door, but, it worked. I have no idea if scooters vary in size though.

Negotiable? Probably not. I would estimate at least another $1000 to upgrade, probably more. We are booked in a JS for our upcoming cruise. I keep checking to see if the price has gone down on a GS, but it has remained around $2200 more to upgrade. So yeah, not happening. ;)