Connecticut to New York Port

CBRGRL

I'm about 5 minutes from the bus/train. I'm just going to have my father-on-law drop us off.

You are lucky. I am thinking of taking a cab there. I drove by it the other day. The lots around there do not seem safe to me and I don't think I want to leave a car there for a week.

I used to work around that area (old MassMutual/CT Mutual) and I would not leave my car there for a week. Just take a taxi and when you come back, there are always many taxis available there to take you back home.

Thanks all for your input.

It's funny, I worry less about how to get to the ship when we embark in far away places than I do for when the ship is almost in my backyard.

Like I said earlier, I drove by the area last week. I got in a little fender bender and it took about a half hour for a cop to come. I doubt highly that they cruise around this area much at all. It is in a part of town that I did not go near by myself even during the day, never mind at night. So, I guess a cab it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Take your car and park at the pier. I just got back from a QM2 cruise and parked at the new terminal at red hook. It was absolutely wonderful. Easy access to the terminal, well protected. I got off the ship at 8:45am, got through customs by 9am and picked up my car and was at my house in Easton by 10:15am. could not have been easier.

Archived