I have a cruise !!!!!!!!!!!

Vicar

My fiance just called me at work and told me she booked a cruise for us.

As many of you know we just got engaged last week and we haven't even ste a date yet, but have been considering honeymoon cruises.

We have looked at several and really haven't made up our minds yet.

We both liked The Satendam Hawaiian cruise and then we got a brochure for the Carnival Liberty 16 day crossing Rome-FLL. And we really liked that too

So she just calls me and says she just went ahead and booked the Liberty cruise for next Oct 24.

I said I thought that we were gonna talk about this more, and she said she wanted to do one nice thing with "her" money before we got married and it became "our" money. She then suggested that I book the Statendam cruise with "my" money before it becomes "our" money.

You just can't argue with logic like that can you? :)

Well, so which one is it? :D Or is it both? :eek:

As I often remind grumbling DH, "his" money - which (18 years ago) became "our" money is the best deal he could have ever hoped for! All he used to spend it on was golf and golf clubs... now that it's "ours" - we CRUISE!

I said I thought that we were gonna talk about this more, and she said she wanted to do one nice thing with "her" money before we got married and it became "our" money. She then suggested that I book the Statendam cruise with "my" money before it becomes "our" money.
Methinks you're in for a bumpy ride!

Thank you all :)

I am still at work and like dumb founded here *LOL*

I asked her if she really wants me to book the Statendam cruise also for next year and she said yes. Actually we may make that the honeymoon cruise and plan a small wedding around that. Supposedly another couple (really good friends of ours) are also booking The Liberty too. So the Statendam will be our "alone" cruise.

I am still numb that she did this *but a very good numb, I assure you *LOL*

And I have never booked any vacation this far in advance , but I will eventually be very very very excited about this :) :) :)

She then suggested that I book the Statendam cruise with "my" money before it becomes "our" money.

You just can't argue with logic like that can you? :)

Congratulations! When we got married 21+ years ago, we had 'my' money--$8,000 in college tuition loans--and 'his' money--$250 in the checking account. I like your way better.

Robin

Robin 7,

She just caught me out of the blue by doing this.

i mean yes we ewere planning a cruise but we hadn't really picked anything specific.

She just wanted to do it and she KNEW I liked the Liberty cruise because being Italian, she knew I would love going to Italy especially Sicily which is where my family is from. So she knew that would be the safe one to book.

She is the one who really wants to do Hawaii. I told her Hawaii isn't at the head of my list of places to go, but if I was to go, I would want to do it on a cruise.

Statendam to Hawaii is a wonderful cruise!! You have sea days going over so you can unwind from hectic work schedules and wedding events. Then 5 wonderful days in the islands and more sea days to relax and enjoy each other before you are thrust back into everyday life. Go for it!! She will be forever grateful that you did this for her. And you WILL really enjoy this introduction to Hawaii. Of course, then you will have to plan future land vacations there to see all the things you missed the first time.

Thank you all :)

other couple (really good friends of ours) are also booking The Liberty too. So the Statendam will be our "alone" cruise.

Vicar ... I think you're just a little confused here:) . What gives you the idea your honeymoon cruise is an "alone" cruise???? If you recall, you're going to have at least 25 CC'ers along with you;) . That's going to be one biiiiiig table!!! Remember to keep us informed on the date, etc.!

Congratulations on this amazing cruise! Good for you ... I think she deserves a little present ... something shiny;) .

S7S and Heather

Thank you.

Well I am hoping that us booking two cruises next year will force us to go small on the wedding.

One of the things I liked about the Statendam and the Liberty cruises is that there are quite a few sea days in a row which we both happen to enjoy. Anything too port intensive makes you feel so rushed (I think anyway)

These two have a good mix of the two.

S7S.... *LOL* I have to admit I thought of you when she called me about this, I thought this is something you would do *LOL* But I was very happily surprised.

Heather..... Oh I know it won't be an "ALONE" alone cruise *LOL*

Its funny I had already done my last cruise when I first started coming here and only had tentitive plans for acruise with agroup of friends for next year, so I was always jealous when I heard about everyones upcoming plans .

Now I have one booked and it looks like another coming up.

I have always been excited about any upcoming vacation, but it is even moreso since I have met all of you great CCers, and have learned so much.

Archived