Best Yokon & White Pass Expedition

sltb47

With your "Yukon" title, you want to go there??? Or are you just looking at the rr??

Chilkoot tours gets rave reviews for their combo rail Yukon bus tours.

Sorry about the spelling, just noticed it. I have read the Chilkoot rail, bus tour and it does sound great. Was wondering how is differs from the one offered by Princess, they don't give a very good description.

Sorry about the spelling, just noticed it. I have read the Chilkoot rail, bus tour and it does sound great. Was wondering how is differs from the one offered by Princess, they don't give a very good description.

I can't speak from past experience, however we're booked on the Chilkoot Charters 7 Hour Rail and Bus Combo based on the reviews posted on this board. Two of the things I have often seen mentioned is that the train cars used by Chilkoot seem to be much less crowded than the ones used by Princess. Second, the bus back is much smaller (I'm not sure but it might actually be a van) and has the ability to make unscheduled stops along the way if something of interest pops up.

I have read that not all the cruise tours that include a bus, drive up to Emerald Lake. I know the description on the HAL site does not mention driving up to Emerald Lake. We are booked on the 9 hour tour with Chilkoot. As far as the train car being less crowded with Chilkoot, I have read that is not always the case. Perhaps their name is getting around and they are becoming more popular. Therefore, more crowded train cars.

I have read that not all the cruise tours that include a bus, drive up to Emerald Lake. I know the description on the HAL site does not mention driving up to Emerald Lake. We are booked on the 9 hour tour with Chilkoot. As far as the train car being less crowded with Chilkoot, I have read that is not always the case. Perhaps their name is getting around and they are becoming more popular. Therefore, more crowded train cars.

Tues. Weds. Thurs. are the worst for all tour companies in Skagway, 6 to 8 thousand people in town, it doesn't matter who you book, Chilkoot uses smaller buses so the bus portion is a little more personal.

Stacym

I know my eye sight is not the best, but I can't find rates anywhere on their site. We'll be on Star Princ in June, looking at the r/r and bus excursion. How does their rate compare to ship rate? I know the ship excursion states you board the train at the peir. If you do it on your own, where do you board? We'll have mother...in wheelchair. Thanks for the info.

I know my eye sight is not the best, but I can't find rates anywhere on their site. We'll be on Star Princ in June, looking at the r/r and bus excursion. How does their rate compare to ship rate? I know the ship excursion states you board the train at the peir. If you do it on your own, where do you board? We'll have mother...in wheelchair. Thanks for the info.

Chilkoot picks you up at the end of the ship's dock. We are paying $229 for the 9 hour train/bus combo. They don't post their prices. You have to call or email.

We booked the 7 Hour tour for this coming July and the price was $174.30 pp.

• 1 month later...

We chose the WP&YRR trip just to the summit and back which we quite enjoyed. We did the trip in the morning and that way we did a self guided walking tour of Skagway in the afternoon. Skagway is loaded with history and shouldn't be overlooked.

Archived