Upgradefairy

ortrud

My Dh And I Are Booked On The Jewel For A Trans Atlantic In March.

We Had An Aft Balcony Cabin, Deck 9. I Just Found Out We Have Been Upgraded To Jr Suit 1084.

Since We Have To Give Up Our Aft Cabin, Can Anyone Tell Me What Are The Perks With A Jr Suit Other Then Size Of Cabin?

Your Help Is Appreciated.

Ortrud

A 2nd cruise credit.

Also, you might want to take off your caps lock key. When you post in all caps, CC's software converts the post so the first letter of every word is capitalized, but the rest of the letters are lower case.

My Dh And I Are Booked On The Jewel For A Trans Atlantic In March.

We Had An Aft Balcony Cabin, Deck 9. I Just Found Out We Have Been Upgraded To Jr Suit 1084.

Since We Have To Give Up Our Aft Cabin, Can Anyone Tell Me What Are The Perks With A Jr Suit Other Then Size Of Cabin?

Your Help Is Appreciated.

Ortrud

You get an extra point and priority boarding (unless you have that already as a Plat, Dia or Dia + member).

You may have priority embarkation (it varies by port; we always had it in a JS before we reached Platinum status in C&A Society) and you get 2 cruise credits for your progress up the C&A ladder. That's about it for JS perks.

I love the JS layout - the couch is by the window, as opposed to the D-1, where the bed is by the window (I don't understand that design, since I like sitting on the sofa and seeing the water, but perhaps it's just a personal preference). There is also a comfy chair with an ottoman for reading or napping. The bathroom has a tub and shower combo, with more space to maneuver in, and there's a walk-in closet. Overall, it's not just more space, but a nice layout IMHO.

The weather is unpredictable on the TA route, so you might not have been able to take advantage of the balcony anyway. And in rough seas you'll be a bit closer to the stability of midships (glass half full:) ).

I have pictures of the JS in the link in my signature - they are the two cabins on the stern of Radiance and Serenade, but the interior layout of 1584 should be identical.

Oh man! JS's are great! More like the size of a hotel room, rather than a closet! And having a tub in the bath really makes a difference in size! and the walkin closet! So nice--shelves, lots of hanging space, floor space....

Nice upgrade!

I often see the tub notation when describing a Jr. Suite or above. I travel frequently and rarely if ever actually use the tub. I take a shower. I am always afraid the tub has not been properly cleaned and can’t think of anything worse than sitting in it. At home it is different story.

Is it too personal to ask if others use a hotel/cruise ship tub?

M

Congrats on the upgrade!!! The J.S. is really a nice sized cabin to have especially for a TransAtlantic sailing where you will probably utilize your cabin more than a cruise with numerous port stops. Also, by having a bathtub you'll gain space for drying some of your hand washed items too....

Have a great cruise!!

Archived