Aft Cabins Are Terrible

Tanker4

Just got back from a 5 day on the Grandeur Of The Seas and we had our first aft cabin. Take my advice and don't book one because you will have to endure:

A huge balcony with both lounges and chairs.

A gorgeous view along with the sight and sounds of the wake from the ship.

Private and very quiet.

Besides, if you don't book one it might make it easier for me to grab another one.:D

Tanker 4

Just got back from a 5 day on the Grandeur Of The Seas and we had our first aft cabin. Take my advice and don't book one because you will have to endure:

Private and very quiet.

Besides, if you don't book one it might make it easier for me to grab another one.:D

Tanker 4

Hilarious. I expected a horrible review. LOL.

:D

I have not been on the Grandeur so not sure how similar but if you hate those cabins you should try the ones on the Radiance class they are awful:D:p;)
We had JS 1100 on the Jewel of the Seas... TERRIBLE! :rolleyes:

Please don't book it on any Radiance class ship..! I'm having a tough time securing it!:D ;)

I have not been on the Grandeur so not sure how similar but if you hate those cabins you shouldn't try the ones on the Radiance class as they are awful:D:D:p;)

Haven't tried a Radiance class yet but they're next on my list. I'll try to stay away from their "aft's" though.........;)

I have to second, no make that 3rd that about 1100. That is the worse cabin on the ship. Just ask the Purser what happened when they tried to upgrade us to a Grand suite.:rolleyes:

Especially if that GS is 1600 in the aft. STAY AWAY from that one. You may actually have to burn some calories off walking back there and your travel companions will definitely expect you to host a party on that way too big balcony :rolleyes: !

Jane

Private and very quiet.

Tanker 4

T-4, I think you must be sick...go pick an orange from the orchard nearby, or the tree in your yard...you need some Vitamin C...:D

5 weeks +/- until we try our first aft on NOS. Can't wait!

T-4, I think you must be sick...go pick an orange from the orchard nearby, or the tree in your yard...you need some Vitamin C...:D

5 weeks +/- until we try our first aft on NOS. Can't wait!

Thanks for the advice Dave. You may be right. I've got orange, grapefruit, lime and lemon trees in the yard and oh yeah, a couple of banana trees. Might try them all as we also have a corner aft booked on Grandeur for a 10 day in Dec. Guess I should have taken the "C" earlier......:D

Don't book any aft cabin on any ship. They are the worst and you have to walk so far to get to your cabin. How inconvenient especially if you've had too much to drink. Please don't ever book one. You'll be sorry. Leave them for the poor aft cabin snobs.

Don't book any aft cabin on any ship. They are the worst and you have to walk so far to get to your cabin. How inconvenient especially if you've had too much to drink. Please don't ever book one. You'll be sorry. Leave them for the poor aft cabin snobs.

OMG, I love your Aft Cabin Snob banner. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT............

What's up with the aft's on deck 6 Voyager class????:eek:

Voyager-class aft balconies are different from the others, in a negative way because the infrastructure of the ship extends beyond the balconies. There is a criss cross of beams obstructing the view, and you have to look out quite a distance to see the sea. On deck six, this is more pronounced because there is a "gray area" extending straight out, and you really can't see the sea very well at all. We really do hate aft balconies on Voyager because of the construction-site-like view.

I agree, don't ever book 1100 on any of the Radiance class ships. That will make it easier for me to -forget I said that. It's really terrible.

Whatever you do .....do NOT book an aft cabin on Deck 8 of Rhapsody...................:eek:

We only had about half the space left after all our CC group table mates on the Panama Canal cruise were out there..............

Private and very quiet.

Tanker 4

I have not been on the Grandeur so not sure how similar but if you hate those cabins you shouldn't try the ones on the Radiance class as they are awful:D:D:p;)

I have to agree all the way with Tanker 4 and Sue L, having suffered through a 9 night cruise in an aft JS on Grandeur, and an aft balcony on Radiance, please avoid these at all costs!!!! :p

I only want aft now---try on the Liberty, oh wait, you'd better not:D

Funny, we booked the Mariner way out to May 2009 just so we could get an aft---:)

The only thing that is a bummer is the long walk but, on the other hand, it is so worth it! (Use room service if you must;) )

What's up with the aft's on deck 6 Voyager class????:eek:

My DH and I just completed a 12 day cruise on EOS in aft 6388 deck 6. There is a grey area in front of the cabin but the same grey area is still there even if you are higher up (dosen't just vanish if you go up higher). 6 probably is not hte most desired location but if you can only get 6 aft it is worth it. We loved the bigger balc and our own private loungers. The walk to and fro cabin is the best it leaves room for the extra dessert that we all love. Some compare deck 6 balc to a porch but a porch at sea is still better than one at home.

WE HATE AFT CABINS!!

They are so far away from the food, that we actually do not gain any weight on a cruise.

(Unless we sneak up the "secret stairs" to the WJ)

Wish I could say that we didn't gain any weight.:( It is a long way to the WJ but that room service can do you in.........;)

Archived