Aft Cabins Are Terrible

Tanker4

I was afraid to even look at this thread because we leave in 11 days on Grandeur in our first aft - corner aft 7650! I'm even more excited now!

We were almost next door in #7156 and the day we boarded our SA was cleaning your cabin so we got a quick look at it. You're gonna hate... (just kidding), you'll love it!:D Your SA is a very sweet little girl named Pinky. She's a jewel. Tell her that Carl&Ida said hello.

Have a great cruise.:)

:cool: Please include me on the list of people complaining about aft's. Had aft corner on Seranade in November, and just got stuck with aft corner on Rhapsody for an Alaska cruise in September. Talk about bad luck. Having to walk all that way back two cruises in a row. The lounge chairs, chair and table are just not worth it. You feel obligated in throwing a bon voyage party and hosting daily happy hours. All that additional expense. Just give me an old fashion inside like I use to have:cool: Jack is sailing again:cool:

Voyager-class aft balconies are different from the others, in a negative way because the infrastructure of the ship extends beyond the balconies. There is a criss cross of beams obstructing the view, and you have to look out quite a distance to see the sea. On deck six, this is more pronounced because there is a "gray area" extending straight out, and you really can't see the sea very well at all. We really do hate aft balconies on Voyager because of the construction-site-like view.

Take heed and do not choose the aft balconies on the Mariner of the Seas. Leave them to us "More Experianced" cruisers who are able to enjoy the sensational views beyond the surperstructure while relaxing in our private loungers and hosting sail-a-way parties for our friends.

My wife and I will be "suffering" our first aft deck 9 on the Serenade next month. It will actually be our first balcony. Oh the TRAGEDY! :D :D :D

WOW, a double whammy. First balcony and and aft to boot. Now you won't have anything else to look forward to.........:D

Have a great cruise!

My wife and I will be "suffering" our first aft deck 9 on the Serenade next month. It will actually be our first balcony. Oh the TRAGEDY! :D :D :D

This is 9260, the worst thing is not getting enough time to spend out there.

IMG_1108.jpg

Take heed and do not choose the aft balconies on the Mariner of the Seas. Leave them to us "More Experianced" cruisers who are able to enjoy the sensational views beyond the surperstructure while relaxing in our private loungers and hosting sail-a-way parties for our friends.

I'll drink to that!;)

Thanks for the info on Deck 6 Mariner aft cabins. We have Corner afts for all 3 legs of the Mariner repo (next January/Feb)... 1st & 3rd leg we have cabin 7388, and the 2nd leg we have 6388. I know, I know.......... don't hate me, but someone has to take that ship to LA and we volunteered.

Does anyone have pic's of those cabins/balcony.

Thanks

Thanks for the info on Deck 6 Mariner aft cabins. We have Corner afts for all 3 legs of the Mariner repo (next January/Feb)... 1st & 3rd leg we have cabin 7388, and the 2nd leg we have 6388. I know, I know.......... don't hate me, but someone has to take that ship to LA and we volunteered.

Does anyone have pic's of those cabins/balcony.

Thanks

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/virtualtour/aft/aftFR.html

Have you checked this site out? We have had 1688 on the Mariner and loved it:)

We will do our best to endure RFS 8584 - our first suite and aft - in April. ;) I am thrilled to hear how wonderful the aft cabins are - I was beginning to think Grandeur was going to be a disappointment. Sometimes the boards can be a bit negative.

Does anyone have a pic of an aft cabin on Liberty (looking at deck 8 right now)... thinking of switching from midship (not hump) if I can find one with an inside right across the hall

I can get an aft on deck 7 with an inside right across the hall for the kids, it wil $70 more PP, is it worth it? NEver had a balcony before? Or should we stay midship? I know.. leave the aft for the "experienced" cruisers ;)

As a for instance, we had 1688 and 1694 aft on Navigator and Voyager respectively for our first 2 cruises. We hated it so much that by the end of the second, they just about had to pry our hands off the balcony rails at disembarkation. :eek: We HATE the huge balconies and the square-shaped rooms with all the floorspace. We suffered through breakfast on a full-sized balcony table once! The endless horizon and wake views bothered us because we'd much rather be staring at, I don't know, maybe a rooftop air conditioning unit on a land-based hotel. Did I mention that we found all the comfort of the full-sized sofa to be downright disturbing?:mad: Don't even get us started about the 100 yard walk from the aft elevators to our hallway. That was unbearable, getting that extra exercise several times each day. Being cramped, like we were on Majesty, is much more to our liking. :D I hope folks will heed the collective wisdom on this thread and STEER CLEAR of any aft cabins from now on.

Just got back from a 5 day on the Grandeur Of The Seas and we had our first aft cabin. Take my advice and don't book one because you will have to endure:

A huge balcony with both lounges and chairs.

A gorgeous view along with the sight and sounds of the wake from the ship.

Private and very quiet.

Besides, if you don't book one it might make it easier for me to grab another one.:D

Tanker 4

We were in 8088 aft Grandeur last month. Totally agree!!!

:cool: Please include me on the list of people complaining about aft's. Had aft corner on Seranade in November, and just got stuck with aft corner on Rhapsody for an Alaska cruise in September. Talk about bad luck. Having to walk all that way back two cruises in a row. The lounge chairs, chair and table are just not worth it. You feel obligated in throwing a bon voyage party and hosting daily happy hours. All that additional expense. Just give me an old fashion inside like I use to have:cool: Jack is sailing again:cool:

Hi, Jack! Which date in September? We are in 8088 on 9/5.

We just suffered through 8 days on the Radiance in 8168. It was such a strain sunning on our corner aft and having to deal with the problem of adjusting the lounge chairs to best get the sunlight. Standing out at night looking at the stars was awful as well. RCI made us take 1700 for our 2/7/09. Pray for us!

:cool: Come on Vicki--You already promised to take care of my cabin. I come in after you. We leave the 12th. I'll watch you as you get off. Tell that cabin steward that I need plenty of towels and ice. Have two native Texans with me, both born in Dallas. Used to live on the lake in Grapevine for six years.:cool: Jack is sailing again:cool:

Archived