NCL Star to Alaska

suzyed

We are going on our first Alaska cruise!! Anyone been on the NCL Star that would like to share info and experiences on the Star? We are in Penthouse Suite 8172...if anyone has been in that cabin or one like it, would like to know what you thought. We are aft on the ship(as aft as you can get...back of the ship)...wondering if that was a good choice or not. Thanks all!

We are going on our first Alaska cruise!! Anyone been on the NCL Star that would like to share info and experiences on the Star? We are in Penthouse Suite 8172...if anyone has been in that cabin or one like it, would like to know what you thought. We are aft on the ship(as aft as you can get...back of the ship)...wondering if that was a good choice or not. Thanks all!

Hi, suzyed! We were in AE 8170 on our cruise to Alaska on the Star in 2006. At that time, though, the Star was cruising to Glacier Bay, not Tracy Arm Fjord/Sawyer Glacier.

I think you'll enjoy your Penthouse with all the amenities and your balcony out of the cold wind! We were in the corner penthouse which has the wrap-around balcony which we enjoyed.

I've got some pictures I can post if you're interested and just let me know if you have any other questions. I'm sure you'll have a great time and enjoy your cruise to Alaska! -Sandy-

IMG_3321.jpg.51ff9bc80e138a143e0b4698e903ecae.jpg

I have been on the star three times and this will be my fourth to Alaska in May. I like the star. There is so much to do and the ship is clean and room stewards are friendly.

We always get a balcony, have never stayed in the suit before, so I cannot comment on that.

Otherwise, star great, food great. Love the 23 hour diner good for late night snacks.

My husband an I are getting the anniversary package (20 years now.)

Hoping the 2.0 starts by May.

It looks like you are both sailing in May??? Just for information- do consider purchasing a glacier tour. You are NOT going to get within view of glaciers from your ship, going in your timeframe. Even the add on Tracy Arm tour- which in my opinion is ALWAYS a must do, may not make it either. BUT it is way superior for Tracy Arm anyway, so I suggest you consider it. Here is a photo sample of the differences in Tracy Arm, although I too sailed the Star with Glacier Bay, I was on the Sun last year, along with the Pearl. I sailed the Sun 7-22, and that was the FIRST time that season it got within view of the South Sawyer Glacier, and that photo shows the closest it got. The add on tour shows otherwise. :)

http://community.webshots.com/user/budgetqueen

Archived