New Passport Thread

Merion_Mom

Joe...I see your in Salt Lake too...which Post Office did you go to? I need to replace mine. First trip after I got it, came home and accidentally washed it. It's all faded out and falling apart...customs in San Juan gave me crap about it and told me to get a new one but I haven't.

Leaving in a month on another one and wasn't going to even bother and use the washed one but looks like I can get it done fast.

Just a heads up for those of you who are getting passports in the near future - I applied at the Post Office on Tuesday, February 18th, and I recieved my passport today, February 27th - 8 days!

I would definately say Expediated Service is a rip off at this point :)

I think that's the fastest I've ever heard!

As I mentioned before, they send your old passport back SEPARATELY from the new one. My old one landed in my mailbox on February 22.

To recap:

Mailed renewal application (not expedited) Thursday, January 31.

Received new passport Saturday, February 16.

Received old passport back Friday, February 22.

We mailed our son's renewal in on Feb. 16, received the new one today, Feb. 27. Eleven days without expedited service. We live in Minnesota.

MM

Just goes to show there is no rhyme or rhythm about the process. You live within a stone's throw of the passport office and you get it in 16 days. I live a few stones away and it takes 17 days. Someone in Minnesota gets theirs in 11 days.

New passport and old passport were in seperate envelopes but came the same day.

Just a little update:

I applied for my passport on Feb 19, the website says processing. My husband applied on Feb 21 and he recieved his in the mail today. I wonder what the hold up on mine is?

Not that I would call it a hold-up, it's only been 11 days. You husbands may have gone to another processing office, landed on a desk where the agent wasn't quite as busy or is more efficient, the mail may have been quicker the day he mailed his out, etc... I'd give it at least 3-4 weeks before starting to have any worries.

Last year the processing agency was caught with their "pants down". They knew the requirements were changing, yet they did not prepare for the influx. Many people made comments that they should just "hire more people", yet it isn't that simple. People applying for gov't agency jobs have to go through clearance, then training, then posting to different areas.

I still think that if and when the requirements go into affect for all cruisers and travelers, there will be another influx and delays. Who knows when it will happen, the gov't keeps changing and delaying and debating.

I think the posters who claim expediting is not necessary are correct.....at this very moment, it may change in the future.

DH and I submitted our renewal on Thursday (last) and I just checked the website and saw that they're already processing ours!!

WOW! :eek:

I just checked the website again and it says that my passport has been shipped and they provided me the shipping number! Impressive!!!

Now that's what I'm talking about! :cool:

Lady_G

Just a little update:

I applied for my passport on Feb 19, the website says processing. My husband applied on Feb 21 and he recieved his in the mail today. I wonder what the hold up on mine is?

No hold up. Probably 2 different people processing your passports, and the 2nd person works slower than the one that did your husbands.

Just a little update:

There is probably no reason to be concerned. This happend to us too. We (famiy of four) applied on December 31st. About three weeks later, three of them came in the mail on the same day. The fourth one arrived exactly one week later.

I applied for mine and my daughter's on Feb 25th,

but the website says it has not been received yet :confused:

I guess that might have to do with small town mail...

the site said to check back in 7-10 days,

as it takes that long to show up on the site.

I hope we get ours as quickly as everyone is...

our FIRST official cruise is in August...

but, I plan to win the RCCL ship naming contest

and be on that London sailing NEXT MONTH!!!

I applied for mine and my daughter's on Feb 25th,

but the website says it has not been received yet :confused:

I guess that might have to do with small town mail...

the site said to check back in 7-10 days,

as it takes that long to show up on the site.

I hope we get ours as quickly as everyone is...

our FIRST official cruise is in August...

but, I plan to win the RCCL ship naming contest

and be on that London sailing NEXT MONTH!!!

It's too soon to check. It won't show up as having been received until seven to ten days after you mail it.

Mrs Radio submitted her Passport Application on Feb 13th and it was processed and mailed on Feb 27th !

WOW. . . Only 2 weeks to process a NEW Passport. . . .

It seems they are really getting quick about the Passport process. . .:)

Our tax dollars at work ! :D

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

it will be 4 weeks on tuesday and still no passports! We leave on the 29th, starting to be a little anxious.

Ruh-roh.

Do you have any unusual circumstances? Not born in the U.S.? Courthouse burned down and birth certificates are suspicious? Born in Jersey City?

Our Family of 4 went for passports on 1/8/08; received them on 1/18/08...how cool is that?! Admittedly, I was sweating a bit but was glad I had them in plenty of time for our cruise leaving 3/16/08. I usually do not procastinate like that and doubt I will test "fate" like that again for awhile.

That's really a nice change from how it was a year ago. My BIL waited for a few months or more. We always feel lucky that we're cruisers and have found C.C. because we have been able to get travel information that so many others aren't even aware of.

Archived