Voyager's Horns

Today DD, DW, and I were aboard the VOS to get pictures with the horns. It was set up as a press pass for us so we could get the pictures etc... In addition we were treated to a full tour of the ship and access to the WJ for lunch as well as Promenade for snacks before getting off the ship to head home.

In fact I was home and on the phone with CruiseLoverandAgent as VOS headed out for a week of fun.

Our TA was aboard this week with a friend and that friend's spouse as well as TA's DW and DD...they were going with the ship for the week.

Here is a picture we captured. From the left is Staff Captain, Rancher Dave, DW, and Hotel Director Gordon from the USA. In front is DD who on our ranch website is found atop her steer when he was younger and his horns were much shorter. We were even handed a set of photos taken by the onboard photographer. Photo staff had practiced to figure out best possible shots and were in front of Photo Manager who used my camera to capture the picture posted here.

Soon there will be news on the horns being moved to the ranch. Watch for that post.

1548377129_Picture271.jpg.d4a4167b6943bfb528456b07d0830aa9.jpg

The onboard experience today was definitely far beyond what I expected.

The horns are pretty neat. In talking with Gordon (Hotel Director) it sounds like the horns when rolled up really get pretty compact, just a bit heavy. It will be interesting to see how portable they are when all is calculated out. Add in the flags and initial move to ranch will be a bit of work, but they are being delivered.

The big unknown is what we will need in the way of attachment points to keep the horns set up nicely when up...probably will tie them off to t-posts when at the ranch.

The onboard experience today was definitely far beyond what I expected.

Dave we really love reading about the horns, again congrats :D

You have a really LONG signature - great pictures and we only need to see them on your original post. When you post to a thread multiple times could you please scroll down and select not to show your signature? Please :p

###

Dave we really love reading about the horns, again congrats :D

You have a really LONG signature - great pictures and we only need to see them on your original post. When you post to a thread multiple times could you please scroll down and select not to show your signature? Please :p

###

He can't. Sigs are either on or off. Any change affects all of them on the site. Pretty much standard process for most boards.

GREAT PIC,Dave!!! Looking good......

He can't. Sigs are either on or off. Any change affects all of them on the site. Pretty much standard process for most boards.
Thats not true......right under where you post and hit SUBMIT REPLY,you can click off SHOW YOUR SIGNATURE ......it will be for only that post...........

No, everyone can scroll down while posting and remove the check to show signatures, just like I did here :)

###

Think that feature is often overlooked...I know I didn't realize how that works... When I do my next website update I plan to get a revised Ranch picture for the bottom bringing in the new horns off the VOS...

Dave, so glad you had a great time today and all went well with the horns. We are all as excited as you, that you have them. Hope you had a wonderful day on Voyager and got to see what a great ship she is.................we can't wait to come see those horns.....................:)

It was great talking to you today! It's nice to put a face and voice to the posts! I'm sorry we didn't get to meet for dinner. We'll have to do a CC Houston thing. Jeff says hi. It wasn't until I mentioned that you saw him that he finally put two and two together :D

I bet DD is sleeping well tonight! Is she excited for her cruise now? Less than a month to go!

It was great talking to you today! It's nice to put a face and voice to the posts! I'm sorry we didn't get to meet for dinner. We'll have to do a CC Houston thing. Jeff says hi. It wasn't until I mentioned that you saw him that he finally put two and two together :D

I bet DD is sleeping well tonight! Is she excited for her cruise now? Less than a month to go!

Now that y'all got to see pics maybe you or Jeff remember seeing us standing over with Pier Coordinators for a few minutes before down to the Diamond / Suites waiting area.

Maybe first Friday in March we can get a CC member (RCCL board is where I'd post it) happy hour/dinner at Tito's on Dairy Ashford Between IH10 and Westheimer. That is roughly an hour from Galveston Cruise Terminal 2.

We are all looking forward to the next cruise. Now that DD saw a Voyager Class she is pretty excited. By the end of the day aboard she was ready to just stay on...

Hey Dave...I bet that was a blast...It was a beautiful day today..

I had worried about you yesterday,when I heard a tanker had ran into an oil rig.spilling a lot of oil...Was worried it might close the channel

I saw the horns when we were onboard,when they were deflated that is...And I was pretty surprised at how compact it was...Now mind you,when I gave it a little kick :rolleyes: ...Its a heavy bundle...But really ....A little bigger that say a large moon walk when its deflated...:eek:

Hey Dave...I bet that was a blast...It was a beautiful day today..

I had worried about you yesterday,when I heard a tanker had ran into an oil rig.spilling a lot of oil...Was worried it might close the channel

I saw the horns when we were onboard,when they were deflated that is...And I was pretty surprised at how compact it was...Now mind you,when I gave it a little kick :rolleyes: ...Its a heavy bundle...But really ....A little bigger that say a large moon walk when its deflated...:eek:

I was looking for you when I was in Dickinson on Thursday.:D Ended up meeting 2 clients on Thursday and then back home.

Per Staff Captain it would fit in the back of a pick-up, I think it boild down to all hands on deck to move them. Over the next week or two I think a lot will come together on timing or horns coming off the VOS and when we will have the big event at the ranch. By the time that happens, I expect at least 1/2-2/3 of my 2009 calf crop to be on the field.

The event is shaping up as as a Great Escape for the kids from Texas StarLight StarBright. Between now and then I hope we can put together a CC get together here in the Houston area...

Okay, never mind my question on the other thread about your day with the horns on VOS.....I found your updates here! Sounds like you guys had a great day.....but it must have been hard to get off knowing everyone else was ready for the sail away party!

Thanks for sharing the picture....it is really cool!

Okay, never mind my question on the other thread about your day with the horns on VOS.....I found your updates here! Sounds like you guys had a great day.....but it must have been hard to get off knowing everyone else was ready for the sail away party!

Thanks for sharing the picture....it is really cool!

Being no clothes with us other than what you saw in the picture...and passports in terminal per non sailing guest process, it would have been hard to stay, but fun. We are goint to a couple of the spots VOS is to see this week, just a few weeks away when we hop on NOS.

Too much work to do here...a few big projects for my two companies, need to vaccinate the cattle this week, DD has school...oh well I guess we had to wait our turn.

It really was nice going aboard though. Seeing Conquest from CCL in front of us showed how much smaller she is compared to VOS which was a nice show of contrasts. :D

Archived