All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

mrcruzer

I would book one of those inside balconies just for the novelty of the idea and the uniqueness. You cannot find that on any other crusie line. I have stayed in all types of cabins and just would like to add that one to the list and try it at least once:)

I don't know, Emmy. I'm picturing teens on those balconies...................:eek:

I'm just off the Freedom and the crew was saying that there will be two promenades, two flowriders, a bowling alley and a grassy area. There was also talk of some type of gondola sort of thing to take people from bow to stern (that sounded a little off, but what do I know?)

I'm just off the Freedom and the crew was saying that there will be two promenades, two flowriders, a bowling alley and a grassy area. There was also talk of some type of gondola sort of thing to take people from bow to stern (that sounded a little off, but what do I know?)

Great. Another free baby sitter.

"Oh hunny, mommy has to get ready for shopping just stay in the hot tub or go around in the gondola until I get back."

:D:p

Except for the gondola, nothing on the list seems the least bit innovative and most are duplicative of features on ships already sailing or currently under construction. The grassy area would have been innovative if Celebrity Solstice hadn't already announced this feature and the bowling alleys have been on the last few NCL ships built. Two promenades and two flowriders doesn't meet my criteria for exciting or innovative. Lets hope that RCI's ship designers have more imagination than RCI's crews. I hope that Tuesday's revelations live up to their press. Anything less than spectacular features will be a terrible letdown.:rolleyes:

You make a good point about the logistics of a ship this big, it will make everything a major project.

I got an e-mail about my posting on here about naming Genesis 1 the Sovereign of the Seas II, and was told that the name was not being considered for G1 or G2 but was on the short list of possible names for a possible 4th Freedom class ship. So we'll see if an announcement is made on expanding the Freedom class to 4 ships in the future!

"As for a second Sovereign, this name might fit a fourth Freedom-class which at this time is under talks."

I got an e-mail about my posting on here about naming Genesis 1 the Sovereign of the Seas II, and was told that the name was not being considered for G1 or G2 but was on the short list of possible names for a possible 4th Freedom class ship. So we'll see if an announcement is made on expanding the Freedom class to 4 ships in the future!

"As for a second Sovereign, this name might fit a fourth Freedom-class which at this time is under talks."

From whom did you receive this email? I like the name, Sovereign II, and think it would be perfect for the first Genesis ship.

You make a good point about the logistics of a ship this big, it will make everything a major project.

I too am curious about the email as well. Did you email RCI directly to make this suggstion or it sounds like they were reading the Cruise Critic boards which I do know they do...:D Hello RCI :) that is how I was invited to the pre inaugural of Liberty..the marketing dept was reading the boards.

Once again interesting and I do like that idea

Here's the press release from Aker:

Aker Yards and Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. have reached an understanding regarding the basis on which Royal Caribbean will order a fourth ship in the Freedom class -- currently the world's largest cruise ship. The vessel would be delivered in the second half of 2011. The placement of the order is still subject to a number of conditions, including board approval and finalization of terms and conditions.

Aker Yards, has previously delivered two of these record breaking cruise ships, and will deliver the third ship in April this year from its yard in Turku. This fourth vessel is scheduled to be delivered second half 2011.

The Freedom class vessels will be 126 feet by 1,112 feet (38.6 meters by 339 meters), and will stand 18 decks high. Their gross tonnage is 158.000. The ships will carry 3,600 guests, and 1,400 crewmembers.

FL_Cruiser64-great site & info......anyone know if there is a website where you can see the Genesis news tomorrow being broadcasted at 1 PM (I think)? I am much more curious about the alleged 14 restaurants and many catagories of cabins,rather than rollercoasters......

Big Al

I am sure someone will be willing to post the highlights of the press conference on here.

I am glad to hear the RCI marketing watches this site to see what people are saying. After all they get a ton of advertisement from us word of mouth. - How many of your friends have you told they NEED to go on a cruise!

Yes I am appearenlty a crusty old pirate or something, but Utopia of the Seas sounds like the punch line of a Cheech and Chong Movie. Hey man! Hit the Bong! Were going sailing on the Utopia of the Seas! Maybe they can get Amy Winehouse to be her Godmother!!!!

My thoughts exactly...I thought of the days of the 70's...Utopia...flower power...wow man! LOL

maybe if I hadn't seen better ones on the other thread I would think these are ok but they are not...there were way better names than that...

tomorrow can't come fast enough...do they broadcast this anywhere? or do we just have to wait for someone to post the info??

I am sure someone will be willing to post the highlights of the press conference on here.

I am glad to hear the RCI marketing watches this site to see what people are saying. After all they get a ton of advertisement from us word of mouth. - How many of your friends have you told they NEED to go on a cruise!

I have told many many and even some of my shhhh Princess friends:) to try this new ship.

I am not expecting too much from tomorrow's announcement... if there is more than I expect then I will be very happy. I recall one of the first announcements they made when Freedom was still a secret was about the cantilevered hot tubs...can't recall if that announcement came before or after the Flowrider info.

Thanks Emmy~ did you see how many times the word "innovation" was used in that editorial~

so that is what the huge towers in the center were for...

"There also will be several bars scattered throughout the Park, including what's billed as the first moving bar at sea. Called Rising Tide, it will slowly glide up-and-down three decks, from the base level of the Central Park downward into lower areas of the ship"

I have mixed feeling about all this...the technology is incredible, and for that I applaud RCI...but to me crusing is all about the sea, the sun, tropical beaches. ~jmho~

Archived