Logo gift because of fuel surcharge

Lynn427

Just off the Empress and the Fuel Surcharge gift was the cookbook. Looks like I may have 5 cookbooks by the end of the year, wonder how much I can sell them for on Ebay! My 1st one cost me $110.00 ( 11 days for 2).

We received the tote bags for the C&A gift) ( must have 25 of them by now), but I will say the Loyal Ambassador(sp) gave each of us a gift bag which included a China plate with the Empress Ship picture engraved on it(along with engravings from 1990-2008) in remembrance of the Empress( since it is being sold in March 2008), a Crystal Cube with the Empress Ship Engraved in the Center of the piece, a Lighted Key Chain with the Empress engraved on it, and a Calendar Calculator/alarm clock, which was worth more than the Cookbook to me!

I got a canvas bag and schmoozed for the cookbook too! I did that after having such a great time haggling in Cozumel, I went and haggled a double free item! I was given the bag and said "sure would be nice to have a nice cookbook to carry in this bag" and I got it!

Try it!

Royal Caribbean said that because they added the fuel surcharge, each stateroom would receive 'one logo item'. Anyone that has sailed after February 1st should have received one. What is it and when did you get it?

By the way, I like your name! Also, I guess I'll be getting a gift because we put our deposit down in Aug. for our June cruise!!! Anything is better than nothing!:D

Well, I didn't get the cookbook or anything else for my fuel surcharge. We sailed on 2/4. I got the tote bag which I believe was because I am a C & A member since there was no note about the surcharge.

That's pretty tacky to give the cookbook to some people and not others. I paid for my cruise in full before they implemented the surcharge. In fact, a few days before the cruise when I went online and looked at my reservation there was an amount outstanding for the surcharge that I had to pay. :(

Well, I didn't get the cookbook or anything else for my fuel surcharge. We sailed on 2/4. I got the tote bag which I believe was because I am a C & A member since there was no note about the surcharge.

That's pretty tacky to give the cookbook to some people and not others. I paid for my cruise in full before they implemented the surcharge. In fact, a few days before the cruise when I went online and looked at my reservation there was an amount outstanding for the surcharge that I had to pay. :(

we received the tote bag the day after we received the tote bags from C&A pretty silly with a note about the fuel charge...we sailed out on the 11th of feb..maybe you can call and request the cookbook? I have so many totes and frames dont know what to do with them all..lol...A cookbook would have been a nice change!!!

Wait Wait Wait! If you paid in full for your cruise before the surcharge was announced on 11/16/07 then you do not owe the surcharge and you are not eligible for the "gift". Are you telling me you paid something that you did not owe? See the RCCL website for the actual press release.

My gift on Celebrity Century sailing of 2/9 was the plaid picnic blanket. The gift on the cruise before mine was a fanny pack. I did ask about it, but Guest Relations knew all about the gift, and it was delivered on night one or two with an letter of explanation. Anyone want it?

I want the cookbooks on my B2B's. ;)

I have no shame in going to ask for them either. :D

I'm with you Alexis! We had 3 booked that we haven't cancelled. I have a closet full of tote bags and actually have one cookbook anyway, but I like the cookbook idea better....:p

What is the magic "deposit before" date? Is it for sure based on the date the fuel surcharge was announced or the maybe date it went into effect? We may have deposited in between those dates for our April TA.

If you were deposited before Nov 16th you should get the gift.

I'm glad to see this thread on here. We were on Liberty 2/9/08 - 2/16/08, there were others in our group (BTW,that booked through the same TA), that were on Liberty B2B, so they were on the week before us also. They said they had received the cookbook, so we were looking forward to receiving it. We did get the tote bag, but that was from C & A. So, end of week, no cookbook, someone from week before had suggested just to inquire to see what they said. I went to guest relations and asked about receiving the cookbook as gift for fuel surcharge as others in our group had received it the week before. I got a song and dance that it was something taken care of by the TA's and to check with our stateroom attendant. And something about it being a gift since they were the first week of cruisers that had to pay the surcharge...that didn't make any sense at all. After the wonderful week of service, I wasn't going to go badger our room attendant about a cookbook, so I just left it go. Kinda makes you wonder... That's ok, there loss, I was going to buy the cookbook, but when I thought we were going to get one at the end of the week I waited, so they lost out on an additional sale from me.

We sailed on the LEGEND OTS Feb. 10 and received a very nice hard bound cookbook with RCI recipes. Could have been the "dreaded keychain":D

hey now! let's not have any disparaging remarks about our beloved keychains

6ca743755d3bcc6b1b6d6ee0f056f121.jpg

I have won tens of these over the years

I'm with you Alexis! We had 3 booked that we haven't cancelled. I have a closet full of tote bags and actually have one cookbook anyway, but I like the cookbook idea better....:p

After reading a little better, I booked mine on the 18th. I was getting off the Empress in San Juan on the 16th and for the first time did not have another one booked until I got home.

So, we will just get our C&A whatevers. :D

I was on Liberty 2/9 to 2/16. We did not pay in full until after the fuel surcharge was announced about Dec 1. I actually had to call after that to see if we owed :eek: the surcharge and was told yes so I paid it. I had also read about the Logo item. Having such a wonderful time on our cruise I forgot all about it. I booked directly with RCCL. I didn't get anything. I think I'll try to email by RCCL customer rep.

Archived