Will Voyager get another Foggy greeting from Galveston?

Per NWS there is a dense fog advisort for an area well inland down to Galveston in effect from Midnight to 8am Sunday. I guess this could possibly delay VOS from arriving by an hour or two. If NWS gets it right, and the fog burns off early in the morning life should be reasonably normal...unless someone booked an early flight.:eek:

I saw the alert, but the channel looks clear for now. It will be interesting to see what it will be tomorrow.

Jen

I swear I was not looking for fog...just checked to see rain chance tomorrow since on my garmin GPS unit I get weather updates in Houston, and it shows t-storms...which was odd since I thought it was to be sunny...Dallas was cold last night and this morning (there for a party) the ranch was nice today with a good breeze and some clouds...(had to move 20 tons of hay around and complete other chores) and drive home was uneventful.

Hopefully VOS has no problems or if they do it is only a very small delay.

We were on a B2B cruise on the Voyager when she was fogged in. I sure would hate to see her delayed five hours again. This was a nightmare for the crew, passengers, port employees, taxi drivers, parking lots, passengers boarding. I think the only people that were mildly put out would be the B2B cruisers as we had to get up earlier than we needed to.

I felt so sorry for everyone involved. The crew had to do double time, the passengers had to try to rebook airline tickets. People that showed up before the suggested boarding time were standing out in the cold and rain. For the most part people on the second leg were having a good time once they finally got on board. Captain Gerry really wanted to dock earlier, but the Port Authorities would not let the Voyager or any other ship in.

I do remember getting up early that morning and not being able to see my balcony banister. It reminded me of some old time movies where the boats would sound their fog horns. When the fog lifted we were really close to the Carnival ship. I couldn't believe that she was there and couldn't even see an outline of her. We counted 17 ships on one side waiting with us to gain entry to the port.

Here is hoping that fog isn't an issue for the Voyager in any future sailing.

I do remember getting up early that morning and not being able to see my balcony banister. It reminded me of some old time movies where the boats would sound their fog horns. When the fog lifted we were really close to the Carnival ship. I couldn't believe that she was there and couldn't even see an outline of her. We counted 17 ships on one side waiting with us to gain entry to the port.

That must have been an awesome experience (apart from the inconvenience it caused.) When we were on our last evening of the 1/13 sailing she was sounding the fog horn every few minutes. We did not have fog , so I was not sure what that was all about. :confused: But it is kind of eerie. I loved it. :) Did you get any pictures? Was it was too foggy to be able to take any?

WooHoo.she made it in!! This is the first time I saw her pull in...and it's only because I am in Nj at my Moms....the bed is NOT that comfy so I tend to awake before 7:00 here.....the first thing I did was turn on the computer and sit and watch the Carnival ship and the Voyager pull in!! What a sight!!!

It's going to be a great day.....

I've got the Seawolf Park camera open, and the weather looks fine right now. I checked the other cameras and it appears to be clear.

Come on, ships!:D

you mean the harbor cam? I thought Sea Wolf was not operating anymore?

If it is can you share the link!!:)

you mean the harbor cam? I thought Sea Wolf was not operating anymore?

If it is can you share the link!!:)

It's back up, but not listed on the Galveston.com website. Don't know the details, but it was some issue between the Galveston.com and the Cavalla folks.

Here is the link - you may need to click on the blank area on the page to ge the image to load

http://cavalla244.org/webcam.htm

It's back up, but not listed on the Galveston.com website. Don't know the details, but it was some issue between the Galveston.com and the Cavalla folks.

Here is the link - you may need to click on the blank area on the page to ge the image to load

http://cavalla244.org/webcam.htm

cool beans!! thanks!:D

That must have been an awesome experience (apart from the inconvenience it caused.) When we were on our last evening of the 1/13 sailing she was sounding the fog horn every few minutes. We did not have fog , so I was not sure what that was all about. :confused: But it is kind of eerie. I loved it. :) Did you get any pictures? Was it was too foggy to be able to take any?

No pictures, I didn't think about that. I don't think they would have shown much except a grey screen. By the time the fog cleared we were in the dining room eating breakfast.

Hey everyone..Glad to see she made it in...But I can tell you...it got foggy later...I am actually in Humble,So not sure how bad it was then.But I woke up at 6..It was pretty foggy 3/4 ml vis...By 830 ..O visibility..It was actually better on the coast.

Have a great trip Aprille!!

Hey everyone..Glad to see she made it in...But I can tell you...it got foggy later...I am actually in Humble,So not sure how bad it was then.But I woke up at 6..It was pretty foggy 3/4 ml vis...By 830 ..O visibility..It was actually better on the coast.

Have a great trip Aprille!!

Archived