Will Voyager get another Foggy greeting from Galveston?

See you all there.;) We will be watching you next week. Dave you getting excited about the Navigator. She goes out of Fort Lauderdale doesn't she?

We do sail from FLL. We go into MIA 2 nights ahead so DD and I can go have some fun while DW works all day.

As for the horns, I am awaiting confirmation that they were offloaded today. That was generally what we heard last week and again during the week from my contact with RCCL who is working on getting the horns to us. There are 4 flags and a cruise as well.

I need to start a thread about getting a CC group together in a couple of weeks for a dinner and good time of chat etc...

We do sail from FLL. We go into MIA 2 nights ahead so DD and I can go have some fun while DW works all day.

As for the horns, I am awaiting confirmation that they were offloaded today. That was generally what we heard last week and again during the week from my contact with RCCL who is working on getting the horns to us. There are 4 flags and a cruise as well.

I need to start a thread about getting a CC group together in a couple of weeks for a dinner and good time of chat etc...

Great idea Dave, maybe when you get back from your cruise we could all meet up for dinner. By the way, why is the DW having to work while you play? :p

Come in cruiseloverandagent. How was your day today? I hope everybody was behaving themselves and didn't give you a hard time. :)

Today was a great day. No pen throwing ;) . The computers went down for a while but they were up and running in no time.

I didn't watch the ship come in, but I was worried with the fog. The seawall was extremely foggy this morning when I was going into work but all was clear at the pier.

Only two more sailings until mine :D

BTW, I saw your pics Dave! It looked like you had a lot of fun. Is DD getting excited now?

Today was a great day. No pen throwing ;) . The computers went down for a while but they were up and running in no time.

I didn't watch the ship come in, but I was worried with the fog. The seawall was extremely foggy this morning when I was going into work but all was clear at the pier.

BTW, I saw your pics Dave! It looked like you had a lot of fun. Is DD getting excited now?

DD is excited but more concerned with school now...she is not so sure about AO after GOS cruise in NYE she claims another kid was mean to her...so AO may or may not fly right off the bat.

Are you going on Spring Break cruise?

Did you see my posted pic from last week or was a copy of the ones taken by the OB Photog circulating around today?

Great idea Dave, maybe when you get back from your cruise we could all meet up for dinner. By the way, why is the DW having to work while you play? :p

I am thinking March 7th (Friday if I counted correctly) or maybe the weekend of March 30th when DD and DW are at a Girl Scout Leader Daughter weekend.

I am thinking March 7th (Friday if I counted correctly) or maybe the weekend of March 30th when DD and DW are at a Girl Scout Leader Daughter weekend.

End of March works better for me, when you start the thread lets see how many folks are interested. I know San Antonio has a CC group that meets up.

Glad you had a good day. There is no excuse for bad behavior. We have to wait till you get back if we are going to meet up for dinner. Maybe we could all come down to Galveston? ;) :D :p

I see it's foggy again this morning. I have some friends who are going on Ecstasy next Monday. Sure hope they don't get this fog to delay them as it is only a five night cruise.

If it was the end of March, we could all compare pictures and notes from our Spring Break cruises!

Yep..Very bad here today..It does seem to be a lot more days of very heavy fog this year..No,its not uncommon,but just seems more frequent..

It is 0 vis. at Hobby airport right now..

Its so heavy here...There it is dropping like rain..

Oh well...Better than the foot of snow they are predicting for my family in Michigan :p

We got off on time (as y'all already know since you watched us on the webcam ;)) but we ran into fog most of the evening. The fog horn kept blasting and we heard another ship's horn for a little while and it sounded close! Not sure if it was Conquest or not as we couldn't see a thing!

DH went up near the helipad and I guess he was near the fog horn when it went off again and he said it was LOUD! He said it scared the cr@p out of him. :D

Still a bit hazy this morning but the water is smooth as glass!

Thanks for all the well wishes. We're having a blast! :cool:

If it was the end of March, we could all compare pictures and notes from our Spring Break cruises!

Mine will have to be from my January break.:p

We got off on time (as y'all already know since you watched us on the webcam ;)) but we ran into fog most of the evening. The fog horn kept blasting and we heard another ship's horn for a little while and it sounded close! Not sure if it was Conquest or not as we couldn't see a thing!

DH went up near the helipad and I guess he was near the fog horn when it went off again and he said it was LOUD! He said it scared the cr@p out of him. :D

Still a bit hazy this morning but the water is smooth as glass!

Thanks for all the well wishes. We're having a blast! :cool:

Yes we watched you sail and even saw you on the Sea Wolf cam. What a weird experience...hearing the horn of another ship so close. Makes me think of the saying " ships that pass in the night" or maybe it should be " the fog"

I loved hearing the foghorn in January, but I am sure it would sound very loud up on the helipad. You were lucky to get away yesterday, as Galveston was fogged in again this morning. :eek:

Have a fabulous cruise and enjoy those calm seas. :)

Kate

Yes we watched you sail and even saw you on the Sea Wolf cam. What a weird experience...hearing the horn of another ship so close. Makes me think of the saying " ships that pass in the night" or maybe it should be " the fog"

I loved hearing the foghorn in January, but I am sure it would sound very loud up on the helipad. You were lucky to get away yesterday, as Galveston was fogged in again this morning. :eek:

Kate

Hi Kate. Saw your post and just had to say "Hi".

We will be sailing 4/6 on Voyager. Hope to book a couple of cruise while we are onboard. Thinking about Alaska and Hawaii.

Tell Alan "Hi" for us. What trips do you have planned?

Kate

For me, I would rather hear the other fog horns close than the crashing sound of steel on steel...:eek: Especially not far out of Galveston because a lot of what you think are other ships are oil and gas production platforms...hitting one of those would possibly put an ocean view room where it was not designed on VOS. (or any ship for that matter)

Yep...A tanker hit an oil rig the day before your event Dave...I am not even sure it was foggy :eek:

I never personally saw the picture but rumor is in the New Orleans USCG Station there was a picture of an oilfield service boat with a platform on the back...not where it was before the boat ran underneath the platform...the captain was busy playing cards in the Galley and nobody was watching where the auto-pilot took the boat. Oops....supposedly no sever injuries or fatalities.

No excuse for an Oil Tanker to hit a rig. That said after Katrina and Rita there were a lot of topless oil rigs out there that were broken off near the waterline leaving a hidden danger to boats sailing the area, especially at night.

Dave, or it could turn out like this incident. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkt_jXHm6u0

*lol* Makes me remember one cruise back in from Bermuda... looking ahead you see nothing, which is no surprise until you hear the submarine radioman ask if since we are shallow draft if we wouldn't minde scooting over out of the channel since they were already running submerged. Not sure what the sub would have said to VOS... We did move over since we were a really nice crew of 7...and didn't want to be used as torpedo practice targets.

In one Summer had that sub incident, saw carrier ops at sea, rescued a fishing boat off NC, got to spend some time in Bermuda, made good summer money for a college kid, had fun, saw the Pilot boat chase us out of the channel when they were over an hour late and captain said to heck with them, lets go..., and saw glass seas and 25' seas all in the same 60 hour crossing.

Yeah...We were on Mariner right after Katrina and Rita...I was a little afeered of that...Of course we were doing the Eastern,so...I doubt to many would have ended up there..:D

I'd say if you hit any in the GOM the captain should give up the license as navigation that far off course would be pretty bad. Almost as crazy as the show "lost".

By the last summer in college when I graduated to the rigs, I managed to crew change 2x when there were aircraft crashes involving crew changes. One involving crew from my same company.

*lol* Makes me remember one cruise back in from Bermuda... looking ahead you see nothing, which is no surprise until you hear the submarine radioman ask if since we are shallow draft if we wouldn't minde scooting over out of the channel since they were already running submerged. Not sure what the sub would have said to VOS... We did move over since we were a really nice crew of 7...and didn't want to be used as torpedo practice targets.

In one Summer had that sub incident, saw carrier ops at sea, rescued a fishing boat off NC, got to spend some time in Bermuda, made good summer money for a college kid, had fun, saw the Pilot boat chase us out of the channel when they were over an hour late and captain said to heck with them, lets go..., and saw glass seas and 25' seas all in the same 60 hour crossing.

What an exciting past you have. I can picture your ship atop a submarine. :eek::p

What an exciting past you have. I can picture your ship atop a submarine. VOS would have been a different story. :eek::p

Hi Kate...I see you are off on the Independence in August. I hope you have a great time.

We are on the Freedom in September (B2B) out of Miami. East and Western Caribbean. And I didn't even have to twist Michael's arm

love sandra

Archived