Will Voyager get another Foggy greeting from Galveston?

Hi Sandra,

Lovely to hear from you. Yes we are on the Indy later this year as well as Voyager for the TA in November. Andrew will be on the same cruise, as well as other friends we have sailed with before.

I am so glad to know that Michael is going to cruise again, I hope we had a little influence in that. :)

It seems ages since our PC cruise. But we had the best time and the greatest table.

Love Kate

Hi Kate....It is ENTIRELY due to our tablemates on the Rhapsody that we are going on another cruise.....I hope our next ones are good also....but they most definitely won't be better.

Give Andrew and Alan a X for me

Love Sandra

Sandra, what are your sailing dates for Freedom? Are you on the roll call?

Did you ever see my pictures from the PC cruise? Got a good one of you on the balcony. :)

I just came back from Voyager in January. I think you will love the Royal Promenade on the Freedom. The sandwiches in the Cafe Promenade are wonderful. I had lunch there every day. Do not miss the ice show. It is fantastic. Email me if you need any info. Say hi to Michael.

Kate

We are spending the weekend in Galveston and I just checked the weather forecast for tomorrow morning. It looks like there may be fog again........Phooey.......... I was hoping to see Voyager before driving home......:rolleyes:

DD is excited but more concerned with school now...she is not so sure about AO after GOS cruise in NYE she claims another kid was mean to her...so AO may or may not fly right off the bat.

Are you going on Spring Break cruise?

Did you see my posted pic from last week or was a copy of the ones taken by the OB Photog circulating around today?

Boy do I need to keep up :D

I think she'll warm up to AO! Yup, we're officially spring breaking on Voyager of the Seas. THe only thing that could make my cruise even better is if the horns are up (and I get to see them, I'm working that day so they may be down before I get on the ship).

The only pic I saw was the one from your camera that you posted when you got home.

Boy do I need to keep up :D

I think she'll warm up to AO! Yup, we're officially spring breaking on Voyager of the Seas. THe only thing that could make my cruise even better is if the horns are up (and I get to see them, I'm working that day so they may be down before I get on the ship).

The only pic I saw was the one from your camera that you posted when you got home.

Definitely let us know if they are up tomorrow. Last I had been told, was kind of sketchy info, but seemed to indicate horns were getting off the ship...but I never had a call about delivery this week, so I doubt they did come off. That is all up in the air.

Spring break, I think y'all are behind us in port rotation that week...would have been cool if VOS and NOS were in the same port at the same time that week. We had to be back for a wedding on the Saturday when y'all will be bobbing your way back X the GOM.

It would be odd if fog appears tomorrow, making me believe it is a nearly Sunday only thing...:D

Seems that this time most of the fog is away from the coast.

Jen

Fog has rolled into Galveston this evening....and it was heavy over the water this morning. Friends were going to Galveston by boat this morning and were really glad they had radar, as they were unable to see a tanker that was in the ship channel VERY close to them.

Meterologist just stated only 0.5 miles visibility in fog on GLS. That does not help VOS or the small CCL boat that always managed to hog the camera view of the cruise terminals in Galveston.

Fog has rolled into Galveston this evening....and it was heavy over the water this morning. Friends were going to Galveston by boat this morning and were really glad they had radar, as they were unable to see a tanker that was in the ship channel VERY close to them.

I guess that's what I get for listening to the weather man. :(

Jen

Looks like the fog from last night burned off pretty well this morning. Looks like a nice start to the day at least.

Guess we will see how soon the front gets here and if it affects sail away...if so it would just be too wet to be on deck but I would expcet they should sail on time regardless.

It's a beautiful morning!:) I hope the front doesn't come too fast...we're playing golf this afternoon.

Better watch the sky, wouldn't want to hear about y'all on the news. Last I looked it seems pretty nice until at least after dinner time, with the biggest threat overnight.

Maybe I will get on my bike and ride along the bayou today...I need the exercise and a ride to BW8 and out to Hwy6 and back would be fun...other than dodging all of the walkers and runners out on such a nice day.

Anyone see us backing in this morning on the webcam?!?! Not sure if it was because we were waiting for Conquest to dock (she seemed to be taking her sweet time) but we turned around just past Sea Wolf Park and backed in the rest of the way. It was kind of weird going backwards for that long of a distance. And since we were on the port side the view pretty much sucked. :p

We were off the ship by 8:30 and home by 10:00. We had a great time! Now reality rears it's ugly head. First up, a very large pile of dirty clothes to wash. Boo hiss!! :p

Anyone see us backing in this morning on the webcam?!?! Not sure if it was because we were waiting for Conquest to dock (she seemed to be taking her sweet time) but we turned around just past Sea Wolf Park and backed in the rest of the way. It was kind of weird going backwards for that long of a distance. And since we were on the port side the view pretty much sucked. :p

We were off the ship by 8:30 and home by 10:00. We had a great time! Now reality rears it's ugly head. First up, a very large pile of dirty clothes to wash. Boo hiss!! :p

Aprille, I hope you had a good cruise. I saw you come up the channel this morning. We were straying at the San Luis and I was up early. You could see the port from the back of the hotel. I saw the Carnival funnel then I saw the Voyager. Funny enough I thought she was coming in backwards but I thought my eyes were playing me up. :confused: Then I went to get a coffee and when I went back for another look she was already docked. Later we went down and took some pictures closer up. Dave, the horns were not there.

Yesterday we spent the afternoon on the Strand and onboard the Elissa and when we got back to the hotel about 3:00 PM it was already very foggy along the Seawall. By 4:00PM we could not even see the water from our balcony.......I thought for sure the port would be closed this morning, but by bedtime it had all gone........very strange. I was so glad to be able to see her this morning.

Hope the fog does not come back for tonight.

Kate

Archived