Do you receive your C&A magazines?

Hypo

Do you regularly receive your C&A magazines?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regularly receive your C&A magazines?

• Yes, we regularly receive our C&A magazines
    • No, We seldom receive our C&A magazine
    • What's a C&A magazine?

We are Platinum Crown & Anchor members; but we seldom receive our Crown & Anchor magazines (and the coupons!!). I am curious as to how many other people have this problem. I will share the results with the people at RCI's C&A Department.

Mark

1. Yes, we have the same problem

2.No, we regularly receive our Crown & Anchor magazines.

Hi Mark, We do receive our C&A magazines. From what I have seen on CC not everyone receives them on the same day....or week for that matter. But we do receive them and use the coupons. Call the C&A phone number or send them an e-mail and bring it to their attention. Must be a glitch somewhere. Good luck and happy cruises. mems

So far I've received exactly TWO since singing up in July of 2002. Even when I write them to compain, all I get is the standard, "It's on it's way. If you don't recieve it in another month write us back."

In this one area RCI's customer service really sucks.

So far we have recieved each issue since joining C&A in 2001. I feel we're lucky after reading how so many people have to continuously call and still don't get theirs. We both signed up separately have seperate numbers but we only get one magazine. One is better than none.

What truffles2 said, is what I read also. But, I don't remember where. It was a while back. We are doing our 7th straight cruise on RCCL within a few years. 5 of these 7 since December of 2001. We read if you cruise, or book a cruise, at least once a year you will receive The Crown and Anchor all the time. If not, you fall off of their mailing list.

We always get ours. It may be a couple of weeks later than some get them, but it does arrive.

What truffles2 said, is what I read also. But, I don't remember where. It was a while back. We are doing our 7th straight cruise on RCCL within a few years. 5 of these 7 since December of 2001. We read if you cruise, or book a cruise, at least once a year you will receive The Crown and Anchor all the time. If not, you fall off of their mailing list.

We always get ours. It may be a couple of weeks later than some get them, but it does arrive.

I guess I disprove this theory in that we've cruised each year since 2002 and even booked our 3rd cruise in three years while on our second cruise. Not only that, I have a total of three cruises booked with RCI. One this Novemeber (7 nights), one in January (3 nights) and one in October 2005 (12 nights). We STILL don't get our C&A magazines.

All I can say is thank God the service on the ships is better than the C&A Society.

We get ours every 3 months on schedule. We have cruised every other year for the past 7 years. The coupons are nice but we usually already have a cruise booked for the time period that the coupons cover so our TA goes in after the fact to get us the credit.

We have NEVER received one. I had to write the C&A a letter in order to get a response. Found out that somehow we are Platinum members as well. Haven't had 5 cruises with them, but first sailing was a very long time ago...maybe they count for more credits? No suites either. They applied our numbers to upcoming cruise, but still haven't received anything else. I receive the magazines from Princess regularly along with emails with the same specials listed. Don't know what the deal is.

Even after calling in August about not receiving the 3rd issue, I still have not received it. I did receive my "Currents" in the mail today---and seem to get them on a regular basis. Come on Royal Caribbean---get your act together--please!

The poll should have had the option "Not anymore.":p

Used to receive them what seemed fairly regularly after we joined (10/01); but then both my parents and I moved this year, and then it stopped. When our TA, who is a friend that has been on our other cruises with us, went to book our next cruise (Mariner, 1/30/05), he called and changed our addresses for the C&A. Told us we would be getting mag's that had coupons for our cruise - they never did arrive. So he called them and they gave him our credits over the phone for our staterooms. Guess that is the most important thing. But they were fun to look at.

No, I don't receive mine and it gets very frustrating! I've called several times and they've given me the routine that we were on the "no mail" list but every time I called they were supposed to fix that. We've received two issues within the past 5+yrs. I wish there was a way we could view the magazine on-line.

As much as we love RCI, C&A seems to be one of the slackest operations. We have received the last couple issues but it had gotten real bad. When we missed an issue and called, we were told they would send another and expect it in six weeks. We would never receive it. Seems now the coupons are not as good as they once were. No coupons for 3-4 night cruises anymore and the others are very selective on the dates. Oh well I guess we will take what they give us.

No coupons for 3-4 night cruises anymore and the others are very selective on the dates. Oh well I guess we will take what they give us.

It seems as if the 3-4 night cruises are selling well without the coupons. I know are cruise was almost sold out 6 months before departure. No need to offer $$ off if it's already priced at a point where it sells out.

I would imagine the same thing is happening with other cruises as well. There are still several cruises that have coupons. Seems as if we've managed to pick the dates that are popular enough they don't need to offer $$ off.

As it is, I count 111 different sailing dates that are offered in the coupons for issue three. What more do you expect them to offer? That seems like quite a few dates to me. It's just my bad luck that everyone else is choosing to cruise on the future sailings I've selected, making it unnecessary for them to offer additional $$ to spur sales for those dates.

We get the US edition regularly. For some bizarre reason, we also get the UK edition regularly (just got the latest edition with the new UK brochure enclosed). Don't know why we get the UK version - we've never lived in the UK and Royal Caribbean has no apparent reason to think we ever did! Oh, we also get emails from the UK office as well as the US ones.

Anyone else on both mailing lists?

We have received a few over the years--but never with any regularity. Last time I cruised with RCCL--i had to call and get the coupons sent. Thiis year I called a few times when the C & A came out and I was told it would be sent---haven't received any yet this year AND I am booked for February 2005 on RCCL---and have had that booking since January 2004. So I am an active passenger.

Linda

Archived