Do you receive your C&A magazines?

Hypo

Do you regularly receive your C&A magazines?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regularly receive your C&A magazines?

• Yes, we regularly receive our C&A magazines
    • No, We seldom receive our C&A magazine
    • What's a C&A magazine?

[quote name='wblynch']RCCL doesn't seem to be doing very well in the customer loyalty category these days.[/QUOTE]??????

In the past two years they've added an extra cruise credit for booking a long cruise, an extra cruise credit for booking a suite, a new category for really frequent cruisers, and allowed you to have status with Celebrity.

If you think that's not doing very well for customer loyalty, I think you should try Princess too.

[quote name='MGoBlue2']??????

In the past two years they've added an extra cruise credit for booking a long cruise, an extra cruise credit for booking a suite, a new category for really frequent cruisers, and allowed you to have status with Celebrity.

If you think that's not doing very well for customer loyalty, I think you should try Princess too.
[/QUOTE]

My point is that there now is little "reward" for advancing. Last year and before, there were always reports of Platinum and Diamond members receiving higher value discount coupons, thus the incentive to remain loyal.

And what good is it to advance to higher level? Even if you advance "quicker" ?

Unfortunately for us we had to earn our level one cruise at a time.

Bill & Jane, the Platinum coupons are for $150 off of 7 day sailings. I don't know how long ago you became Platinum, but it takes a while for the magazine to reflect your new level. I would call them. Our C&A magazine finally arrived today and it is $150 off 7 day cruises and $225 off of one of the Hawaii cruises next October and a couple of others that we won't be taking.. Same booking date restrictions 10/1 to 12/31/04.

Patti & Bill

[quote name='wblynch']My point is that there now is little "reward" for advancing. Last year and before, there were always reports of Platinum and Diamond members receiving higher value discount coupons, thus the incentive to remain loyal.

And what good is it to advance to higher level? Even if you advance "quicker" ?

Unfortunately for us we had to earn our level one cruise at a time.[/QUOTE]RCI has taken away none of the perks for higher levels, just made it easier for you to get to them.

Well just got the official answer from Crown and Anchor........A big fat NOOOO.....We cant use our coupons that we received in the 4th edition for 150.00 off our Mariner cruise in Oct 2005.......We are being penalized for booking early .........I will call the RCCL (our travel agent) and see if we can rebook and get the credit if the price didnt go up.

This is a major sticking point with me and RCCL and since we have several previous cruises with Princess this will give me a little more incentive to book with Princess next time and start building more loyality with them.

I did not get the current issue, so I called them last week and in todays mail there was an envelope from RCCL. I just knew it was the current C & A Magazine. Well it was so nice of them to quickly get one in the mail to me, BUT BUT it was the wrong issue!? So I will call again and hope they send the correct one. Am I correct in thinking that the current issue is , Issue 4, 2004?

Thanks

Annieeee

[quote name='abridalmaven']I get all of mine. And my DH jumped to Platnium when we applied for the credit card.[/QUOTE]
How did your DH jump to Platinum C&A by applying for the credit card? Is this a new thing that just started? In the past, I did not think the credit card had anything to do with C&A levels.

still didnt get ours either, called C & A a couple of weeks ago and they said they we should all receive them by Nov. 1st, can anyone give us the coupons in them, we are platinum members and have a cruise planned for May 1st on the Jewel, hope it is in there. Thanks

Hello CSK,

Sorry to say ,but there is not a coupon for the Jewel on that sailing date. The coupons for Jewel are 4-3-05 and 2-26-05.......
RCCL has really been cheap with the sailing dates in this issue.....Not much of a perk to be loyal with them anymore.......We will be starting to look elsewhere for good deals since there are so many new ships out...

Denise

I always receive my magazine however, I bet I am the last person to get it. Wow, it takes a long time but it does arrive in one piece.

Hoping there is a coupon for our Explorer Sept 11/05 cruise.

Looking forward to reading the next edition.

Hi, I recently called the Crown and Anchor society phone number to find out about our magazine. They told me, I opted not to receive any more magazines. I told them I never did that. When the person researched it, they said because I had registered for one of their sweepstakes, I opted not to receive future mailings, which included the magazine. I did not know that. I just didn't want to receive junk from other companies and so forth. The rep changed it back so I could receive the magazine in the future.

May be worth knowing for some of you if don't receive yours very soon.

This is the phone number. While you have them on the line ask them to check how many cruise credits you have. It seems they are having alot of problems keeping track of this. I urge you to keep track on your own and update with them after each cruise.
(800)526-9723

Archived