Do you receive your C&A magazines?

Hypo

Do you regularly receive your C&A magazines?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regularly receive your C&A magazines?

• Yes, we regularly receive our C&A magazines
    • No, We seldom receive our C&A magazine
    • What's a C&A magazine?

We are now Platinum members and still get ours. We still haven't rec'd this last one though. My 18 year old daughter, who has cruised only once 2 years ago, got hers 2 day ago. Friends that we sailed with last October got thiers also. I will wait patiently even though I know it doesn't have a coupon for my Alaskan sailing next July like I had hoped that it would.

Cruise and Anchor club has been a sore subject with my husband and I. We have been loyal cruisers with RCCL and are Diamond members.We do not get our magazines 4 times a year yet we cruise at least everyother year with them. Two years ago they stopped sending magazines altogether and we were planning a Hawaii cruise and wanted to use the coupon . I called the Cruise and Anchor desk and finally after several conversations with them we were told we had new cruise numbers and to throw away our old ones . Since then we have received the magazines but recently they stopped sending my husband his and put both names on one book. I never gave it a thought until now that this would be a problem but we a going to do a back to back cruise on the Mariner in 2005 and want to use 1 coupon for each week.So i called the Cruise and Anchor desk and asked if another book could be sent out to my Husband. She asked for our numbers and then then told us that my Husbands number does not exist........AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

and not only does this number not exist ,she deleted my husband and number from cruise and anchor club. If the number does not exist what did she delete and why did we receive mail with his name and number on it and why on the previous cruises did they have this number on our docs.????

I am now in the process of getting this straight with them. They also want us to send them all the dates ,ship names that My husband has cruised on . I dont think I should have to research this for the past 20 years. I dont even remember all of them let alone the dates...........

Not happy with Cruise and Anchor club

WOW! I just received the latest addition ON TIME for a change! I don't know what to do. I almost teared up when I saw it in my mailbox. Maybe I'm finally on the good cruisers list? At any rate it's nice to be kept up on what's going on at RCI.

Looks like more of us are getting the C&A magazine quicker this time around. Has RCCL recognized that we all want the C&A more reliably distributed and have improved their mailings? Let's hope so and that it is a step in the right direction by them. Only 94 days until our 11-Day Brilliance cruise!

I am in Alabama and still don't have the new one....I am also close to the end of the alphabet--in case it is done that way. Last time some people had theirs for weeks before we got ours and I had even emailed RCI about it. It would be so nice if they sent them all out at once ...then you would know for sure whether or not it was time for yours to arrive....or at the very least they could explain their methodology!

Why don't they put the magazine online where all C & A members have access to it? This would cut out mail delays, lost mail, & lost magazines. Everyone would have access to their magazine coupons. RCCL could send out email notifications to all C & A members that the newest magazine was now "ready for reading" on line.

Mark

Just received my issue 4 cruise and anchor magazine today.

I called the 800 number to apply my credit to my next cruise and also try and straighten out my husbands number and mine. The rep told me that a few years back they farmed out the Cruise and Anchor club to a private company to take care of the records and thats where the problems all started. When they brought it back to RCCL ,records were lost . It took some time over the phone to get this straight and my Husband still is not getting credit for the amount of cruises he sailed. They will only credit him with platium membership and not Diamond. I was tired of complaining to them so I just let it be. She said when we sail he will aquire the same status as I have.

The coupons in this magazine are pretty chinsy as far as dates that you can use them. I looked back at other issues from last year and they have cut way back. Some ships only have 4 weeks to use the coupons on whereas last year it was months.......cut,cut,cut,,,,,,,,,but prices still increase........

I would recommend to anyone who does not get a magazine to call the cruise and anchor desk and ask for your number and the amount of cruise credits you have.

[font=Comic Sans MS]We are platinum members and seem to get our magazines each time. It doesn't seem to make any difference if you receive or when you receive them if you cruise each year, are diamond, platinum, or gold members according to the responses so far. Go figure?? I guess I'll feel thankful that I'm receiving them. I always hope that there is a coupon for something that were able to do - which isn't always the case. We're working stiffs and can't take off as much or whenever we'd like - sure looking forward to retirement (or winning the lottery) - - - - guess which one will come first?:confused: [/font]

Sunandsand: I've not mentioned the value of the coupons vs status of membership have I ???? I only acknowledged that it doesn't seem to matter how often you cruise or at what status level you are in the membership that would guarantee a member their magazine.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It looks like California might be receiving them this week, then. Thank goodness, we are still waiting for ours and we are leaving for a Monarch cruise on Oct. 18. We plan on booking our next cruise onboard.

We just received ours yesterday.

I was disappointed to see that, although we have moved up to the next level from "gold", the coupons are not worth any more than before.... eg: $125 off a 7 day cruise.

I did also notice that sail dates are severly restricted.

I think it's time to try Princess for our next cruise. The new RCCL pricing restrictions and cheapening out on C&A coupons, along with the steady decline of entertainment quality, food quality and service quality leaves me open minded towards other lines.

RCCL doesn't seem to be doing very well in the customer loyalty category these days.

Archived