Just heard..AOS OUT OF BEER/CIGs!

mgkdk

My brother in law and his entire family (15) are currently on the AOS...he just checked in with us and said that the ship is OUT of ALL MILLER products, OUT of ALL BUD products, OUT of all CORONA ....and out of ciggaretes and they still have 3 days to go.

They are NOT happy campers. What's going on? I've heard this from other posters that the ship runs out of stuff. AND then they have the gall to stop you from taking on your own. HEY...maybe that's how they were stocking there own shelves, buy confisacating pax beer...and now that they don't allow it on board ....people stopped trying to sneak it on...and now the ships running out?????? Why...just maybe they'll loosen the rules again just to stock their shelves...(don't know how to put on those smiley faces..so just imagine one here)

I Find It A Little Unbelievable That This Shortage Of Beer Is Possible. Can Anyone Else Confirm That This Is A Common Occurance. We Have Been Contemplating Getting Into Cruising But If All These Negative Reviews I Read Are Even Remotely The Norm, Than Perhaps I Should Stick To Land Based Vacations. Maybe The People Who Are Generally Pleased With Something Don't Take The Time To Respond As Do The Negative People?

I Find It A Little Unbelievable That This Shortage Of Beer Is Possible. Can Anyone Else Confirm That This Is A Common Occurance. We Have Been Contemplating Getting Into Cruising But If All These Negative Reviews I Read Are Even Remotely The Norm, Than Perhaps I Should Stick To Land Based Vacations. Maybe The People Who Are Generally Pleased With Something Don't Take The Time To Respond As Do The Negative People?

If what you read about negative reviews is close to the norm, none of us would cruise. Try one, you might like it.

Sorry people...I TOTALLY belive my Brother in law...He would have absolutly no reason to make this up. He and his wife have been on 6 RCCL cruises my other brother in law who's with them has been on 11 RCCL cruises, and are VERY loyal RCCL customers. So for him to say anything remotely bad about them is out of the question.

NOW....how do we find out what's the problem and what RCCL is doing to remedy it?

My guess is that for every one person that complains, there are hundreds, no thousands of satisfied customers. Otherwise, the cruising industry would long be dead now. They must be doing something right! But some people just like to complain.

Public announcement for the attention of Rccl. There is a cruise ship leaving Port Bayonne in NJ on 03/16/08 called Explorer of the Seas. There will be an Irishman travelling on her. He likes his beer;). Please make sure you have plenty of stock!! I would also like to point out that 03/17/08 is St. Patricks day so you may need to multiply that again.

Lawrence

If what you read about negative reviews is close to the norm, none of us would cruise. Try one, you might like it.

Well I have tried cruising:) I have tried several.......more than one. In fact leave on a b2b in about 30 days..........

I believe the poster as well.

After 16 cruises or so.........we are finishing RC and then trying other things......this is not the same company we began cruising with in 1987......it has really changed since 2000 IMO.....but this doesn't surprise me at all that it could happen.

Another poster here just complained about the same thing on 2/25.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=722555

Odd. I've never heard of this being a problem before. Maybe they've had some sort of logistics issue with getting their deliveries on time in San Juan, since this seems to be restricted to recent sailings on AOS.

we've only been on 3 cruises, but this hasnt ever happened.. Ive never even HEARD of it until the last week or so on this board, for 2 separate cruises. I cant imagine how RCL would let that happen, considering how much they make off beer sales onboard

Makes you wonder if they are paying their vendors on time. If it continues, and becomes more common, it would scare me, but I hope not.

Odd. I've never heard of this being a problem before. Maybe they've had some sort of logistics issue with getting their deliveries on time in San Juan, since this seems to be restricted to recent sailings on AOS.

You are probably correct, some distribution-delivery issue. HOWEVER, they better have it worked out in the next 9 days since we board on March 9th. NO EXCUSE!!!!!!

AOS 3/08

Explorer 2006

Golden Princess 2004

Century 1999

Majesty of the Seas 1993

True...many nit pick and complain about the most silliest of things....HOWEVER...I don't think this is one of those times. To have such a shortage on so many popular items is a valid complaint. And....some employee should be called on it....as their job wasn't done.

Maybe we should post a new thread and tell all future pax to e-mail or call RCCL and place the alcohol of choice order. That way they would know what to order and stock. Either this will get their attention as to the problem, or they'll like the idea and implement it.

and on the first few days we were not able to have any draft beer either in the Viking Crown Lounge or in the Pub on the Promenade deck because the kegs ran out and we had to wait to get to Bermuda to restock! We just opted for bottled beer since we could not have a draft beer We have also been on the Adventure when they ran out of milk and people were not too happy about that! We were told that another supply truck was to meet the ship at the next port and it did the next day! It does happen from time to time if for some reason the supply trucks get held up and can not meet the ship! The ship can not wait for them because the ships have to stay on schedule! I'm sure they will restock the beer at another port unless there are only Days at Sea which are left then that really would be a bummer! I'm thinking they need to have more supplys with these larger ships and they are not planning accordingly! Please do keep us posted if they are able to stop and restcok their beer supplies! Best of Luck to the Adventure of the Seas, Melissa

maybe since there are 3 days left, your bil and fam can each sneak on a 6 pack at the rest of the ports to make sure they have their beer for the last of the cruise? we have brought on a 6 pack at a port before- just put it in the beach bag , backpack, or whatever.....

Archived