Egypt & Eastern Med

Cat Girl's "novel" has finely detailed information about being an independent traveler in the Eastern Med and also talks about the care, feeding, and finding of private guides. She has great insights into researching places and cities on the Web.

Cat Girl has well-detailed descriptions of high heels on Rome's cobblestone streets, clambering around Roman and Greek ruins, well-considered thoughts about picking suitable hotels, but, above all, she and Moe were so brave about having a Turkish bath in a hamman. She vividly describes moving from one stage of the bath to the next while being pounded into hamburger meat on a slab by Turkish attendants. It was almost like reading about the Stations of the Cross.

She is also forthcoming about the highs and lows of travel that always arise. Heat, fatigue, decisions like yes the train, no not the train - it all comes with the territory of a grand adventure by two people who were open to new things, people and places.

Cat Girl - feel free to use this review when the book comes out!

Ruby

Cat Girl's "novel" has finely detailed information about being an independent traveler in the Eastern Med and also talks about the care, feeding, and finding of private guides. She has great insights into researching places and cities on the Web.

Cat Girl has well-detailed descriptions of high heels on Rome's cobblestone streets, clambering around Roman and Greek ruins, well-considered thoughts about picking suitable hotels, but, above all, she and Moe were so brave about having a Turkish bath in a hamman. She vividly describes moving from one stage of the bath to the next while being pounded into hamburger meat on a slab by Turkish attendants. It was almost like reading about the Stations of the Cross.

She is also forthcoming about the highs and lows of travel that always arise. Heat, fatigue, decisions like yes the train, no not the train - it all comes with the territory of a grand adventure by two people who were open to new things, people and places.

Cat Girl - feel free to use this review when the book comes out!

Ruby

Wow! You got all that out of it? You made it sound better

that it actually is but I really appreciate the endorsement.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about this itinerary? Interested in booking Jan or Feb 09 - weather, seas (alm or rough) ports of call etc

Thanks

The time of year limits the number of cruiselines, stops and what alternatives there are from 'regular touring' (museums, ruins, buildings).

Too chilly for the beach (well, perhaps depending on where one is from).

We went on the Costa Concordia, Jan 17th to the 28th. Sea calm enough (on those bigs ships one feels it less anyway) - roughish from Egypt to Rome, but the ship detoured to pass by Crete (must be beautiful) to get lesser sea.

Advantages of this time of year - less crowds. dikssadvantage - no beach days. Leaving from Savona (I live in Italy, that's where the majority of Italians boarded that time of year), we did Katakolon (Olympia - Kat. is a small village, not much to do there if one doesn't arrange a tour), Athens, Greece... Izmir/Ephesus, Turkey (I love ruins, not all do)...Rhodes (we spent the entire day in the old city, people were very nice - wound up our main shopping stop), but Lindos must have been beautiful, according to those who went there on our ship...Cyprus - we took a taxi to do the same thing one tour offered by the ship - 1/2 the price...Colossal Castle, Kourion, Apollo sanctuary, Osmodus (village)...hmmm...(ship there less time than at other stops), they offered also Pathos as an alternative - might have been better, after so many ruins, Kourion/Apollo were a bit bleak) - good beach day in a better season)...Alexandria, Egypt (e went to Giza, Saqqar and Memphis), Civitavecchia/Rome (here there are alternatives - for those going in warmer seasons - consider well the dates - modern Romans go to the beach on weekends, so they will be crowded)...

Not to take anything away from the travel logue everyone is interested in...just wonder if the OP has given up on checking this, since we did it the season they might be interested in---for beaches - September!!!

I'd like to read your "Journal also. We are going on the 12 Night Egypt Aegean Cruise in Oct 08.

My email is:

travelwithsandym@yahoo.com

Put in Subject area: CC "CatGirl" Journal for Med Cruise

Thanks ever so much.

The CC Boards are just the greatest!! we can get some great and useful information. I love reading them.

Sandy M

"Lady In Pink":o

Cat Girl, sounds like you need to get published. Can you send one more??We are scheduled to leave on the Rotterdam for the Black Sea and Egypt. We're going to some places I've never heard of. Maybe your report will enlighten me. Thanks so much. Beeperfl@aol.com

It's already sent. Happy travels.

I didn't write a review... I wrote a novel. I journaled my entire

trip with what we saw, who we used, and how much it cost. It

ended up being 31 pages long. If anyone cares to read it,let me

know and I'll forward it on to you.

Hi Cat Girl,

Would like to have your journal. We'll be doing the area next year.

Sounds like a wonderful area.

email: aebragg at sysnnet dot com

Thanks in advance,

Alan & Regina

Hi Cat Girl,

Would like to have your journal. We'll be doing the area next year.

Sounds like a wonderful area.

email: aebragg at sysnnet dot com

Thanks in advance,

Alan & Regina

I just sent it to you.:)

I didn't write a review... I wrote a novel. I journaled my entire

trip with what we saw, who we used, and how much it cost. It

ended up being 31 pages long. If anyone cares to read it,let me

know and I'll forward it on to you.

I would really appreciate a copy of your novel.

ekalstein@tampabay.rr.com

Thank you so very much,

Elayne

Archived