Stockholder benefits for CCL

ninkb

Since Carnival Corp. owns so many different cruise lines, I post this in the general questions forum.

Has anyone received OBC notification for owning 100 shares or more for a cruise embarking AFTER 7/31/08?

I'd like to buy stock and receive the stockholders benefit for my Rotterdam cruise 11/4/08 . . . but don't want to buy the stock if there is no "proof" that this deadline will be extended.

All of you CC'ers know so much about what is going on in the industry and have led me well so far. I am counting on your wonderful replies! Thanks in advance for your help!

:):):) ninkb

. . . for such a quick response. I'm looking forward to getting other responses also before putting up the $$$ for the stock. Just call me cautious!

Has anyone received OBC notification for owning 100 shares or more for a cruise embarking AFTER 7/31/08?

I don't think they grant the credit until after final payment has been made. I sent in a request for two cruises recently. I was immediately given the credit for the first and was told that the second one would be reviewed after final payment which isn't due until June.

That's the first mention I've seen, of having to make final payment first. Guess no one would be in the category I'm looking for yet.

Thanks for new input!

I don't think they grant the credit until after final payment has been made. I sent in a request for two cruises recently. I was immediately given the credit for the first and was told that the second one would be reviewed after final payment which isn't due until June.

I have always got it before final payment. Also Great time to buy it even if you don't have a cruise planned. Down over $10 from it's high. Good deal.:)

I have OBC for two futures cruises, sept 08 and jan 09 already, so not sure where you got this info. Nothing to do with final payment.

I did 3 at once and all three received the full OBC immediately. Did it via email. Id call back if someone told you to wait.

I bought this stock about 10 days before our HAL cruise and had no problem getting the OBC. I also have a cruise booked for Oct on Carnival and no problem on the credit there either.. I look at this as an extra dividend.

By the way .. they don't seem to care how you hold the stock since mine is in a 401K plan.

I have OBC for two futures cruises, sept 08 and jan 09 already, so not sure where you got this info. Nothing to do with final payment.

I did 3 at once and all three received the full OBC immediately. Did it via email. Id call back if someone told you to wait.

How do you know that you've received the credit? I mailed my required documents in about a week ago for an April 08 cruise, haven't heard anything and can't find verification in "My Princess". Oh, and I have already made final payment.

event.png

I bought this stock about 10 days before our HAL cruise and had no problem getting the OBC. I also have a cruise booked for Oct on Carnival and no problem on the credit there either.. I look at this as an extra dividend.

By the way .. they don't seem to care how you hold the stock since mine is in a 401K plan.

This is very good information. I have been considering new stock options and now seems to be a great time to buy. Not only that, I had no idea you could do it through 401k - great info!

Thanks!

How do you know that you've received the credit? I mailed my required documents in about a week ago for an April 08 cruise, haven't heard anything and can't find verification in "My Princess". Oh, and I have already made final payment.

event.png

I emailed the proof and then got email verification back it was on there. I also called and they verified it was there. I doubled checked. Im so trusting lol.

I had CCL stock for many years and made a decent return on my investment. That being said, I only used the OBC perk on 3 or 4 cruises before selling the stock. I certainly would not purchase this stock for the OBC only.....unless you are cruising a helluva lot and holding on to the stock for long term investment purposes ! I never had to wait till final payment for it to be applied... It was put on my reservation usually a couple days after submitting the proof of ownership.

I had CCL stock for many years and made a decent return on my investment. That being said, I only used the OBC perk on 3 or 4 cruises before selling the stock. I certainly would not purchase this stock for the OBC only.....unless you are cruising a helluva lot and holding on to the stock for long term investment purposes

In today's fluctuating market, long-term is the only way to go without severe penalty. With CCL owning so many lines and the momentum growing for the number of cruises being planned in the near future, I can certainly see where it could be a worthwhile investment.

In today's fluctuating market, long-term is the only way to go without severe penalty. With CCL owning so many lines and the momentum growing for the number of cruises being planned in the near future, I can certainly see where it could be a worthwhile investment.

Right now, I am not of the belief it is a good investment....It did well for me in it's days, but the state of the economy does not make it a great buy right now in my opinion regarding its future and growth potential.

<----------no a financial broker by any means :D

Two questions, re RCCL:

1. If both my wife and I own 100 shares each, can we get 2 OBCs for the same cabin?

No, 1 shareholder's benefit per cabin.

2. Does the share ownership confer and "captain's club" benefits?

No, Captain's Club benefits depend on your previous cruising points with RCCL or Celebrity. (But the CC benefits aren't worth much of anything, anymore! Not like some others which include free laundry, free internet, etc.)

Sorry I can't give you more positive answers:o

Since Carnival Corp. owns so many different cruise lines, I post this in the general questions forum.

The credit has officially been extended to 7/31/2009. It's on page 7 of the annual report. See also http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Being a 1st time cruiser (Dec 08), I know next to nothing but I am being educated by the wonderful people here.

I was unaware of any benefits given to stockholders. Search is down so I don't know where to go to learn more about this.

What kind of benefits do you get for buying stock in Carnival?

I haven't made my final payment yet if that makes a difference.

If you own 100 or more shares of Carnival stock you get shipboard credit on the lines Carnival owns, or at least you get it on Princess. I don't know if it includes all the Carnival brands. The amount depends on the length of your cruise. Right now it is:

$50.00 for cruises of 6 days or less

$100.00 for cruises of 7 to 13 days

$250.00 for cruises of 14 days or longer

You have to send proof of ownership to the cruise line.

Archived