OMG face feels like baby's backside!!!

all right Jane, your assignment is to get to your local movie rental asap and rent all three movies and watch them! My rule for my kids was always that you couldn't see a movie until you read the book, but I'll make an exception in your case, lol!

I don't think I could get into that kind of movie... Plus I'm not good at sitting thru movies anyway...I tend to think of all the other things I should be doing, or I fall asleep. :p

Hey CruiseKitty,

I decided to try it last night on my forehead--still just a little leary of it on my face with my roseacea, but I thought what the the heck, if I have a weird reaction, I will just cut some bangs and cover that up..

As I shook my bottle and squirted my Pretty Hands and Feet in my hand, I started rubbing it on my forehead---ok so far so good, then I thought, oh, what the heck, let's just go ahead and try it on my whole face.

So I got more lotion and started rubbing that in and it really did not seem to be doing anything...I got worried. Oh My Gosh!!!! What if this is a made up post! :eek: :eek: And it does not work and I have the world's worst reaction EVER!!! eeeiiiikkeess What am I doing? I just put lotion for my feet and hands on my face!!! I am going to look like a tomato!!!

I contined rubbing, and joy upon joy, flakes started coming off my face! My face did feel smoother, but, oh dear...what have I done?! What will the morning bring?

I anxioulsy got up this morning and peered into the mirror and I did not have any welps and was not bright red, I could really tell my face was so much smoother and softer!

SO, after this unbearably LONG post, Thanks for the tip! I will be using this again---without the panic attack and much more confidence!! :D

Later!

I had just a wonderful laugh reading your post and picturing the panic in your face. So glad it turned out well for you.

After spending $10 in gas driving all over town!!!!! and still not finding the darn stuff, I ordered 2 from drugstore.com. Hope it gets here really fast! I want a smooth face and feet like you guys:D

So after scouring the stores all weekend, it turns out they dont sell it here in australia. Does anyone know if you can buy it in Calgary in Canada, thats where my mum lives??

Being a Canadian also we can't get it here. That means ordering online & get it shipped

or

The Dr. Scholls Callous remover I mentioned earlier in the thread.

That is what I use. It has the same products in it & works the same.

callus_remover_cream.jpg

Dr. Scholl’s® Callus Remover Cream

• Gently removes rough and dry skin.
  • Helps to keep feet smooth and soft.

found it in the foot care section of the grocery store. I am in British Columbia, Canada so I don't have any of the stores everyone was talking about.

Dr. Scholl's I'm sure is carried just about everywhere. I checked out the Salley Hansens someone mentioned but it had pumice in it which wouldn't be good:eek:

Goodluck

el tigre

Being a Canadian also we can't get it here. That means ordering online & get it shipped

or

The Dr. Scholls Callous remover I mentioned earlier in the thread.

That is what I use. It has the same products in it & works the same.

callus_remover_cream.jpg

Dr. Scholl’s® Callus Remover Cream

• Gently removes rough and dry skin.
  • Helps to keep feet smooth and soft.

found it in the foot care section of the grocery store. I am in British Columbia, Canada so I don't have any of the stores everyone was talking about.

Dr. Scholl's I'm sure is carried just about everywhere. I checked out the Salley Hansens someone mentioned but it had pumice in it which wouldn't be good:eek:

Goodluck

el tigre

I wasn't able to find this stuff anywhere either :(

Okay, had to come on and ask if anyone was having the same problem I was having with the lotion. I bought it awhile back and began using it. Everything was great and I had no problems. About a week ago I noticed a few small bumps beginning to appear. One on my chin, almost front and center, that's the biggest one, and a few smaller one's somewhat around my jawline.

I already had a dermatologist appointment so I didn't worry about it too much but it seemed overnight the one on my chin got to be about dime size. My dermatologist told me that certain things can make the skin react certain ways. The Pretty Hands/Feet lotion I was using was actually causing the dry skin build-up. Now its almost like I have callouses on my face.:eek: He said to stop using it and to use a pumice stone or something to hopefully clear it up. I have the microplane but I'm afraid to use that on my face. The one's on the jaw area aren't so bad, but the one on my chin, front and center, seems to be getting larger. It's now almost quarter size.

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this and do you think the microplane would work? Should I try it on my face? If you've had this happen, what have you done?

Thanks for the help.

I got my bottle of Pretty hands and feet yesterday (drug store.com) and used it right away, and by night time i had small bumps on my chin area also. Think I'll stick with my oil of olay microderabrasion system. I'll still use PH&F for my feet tho.

JEEEEEZUM! :eek:

Mine came today finally and NO WAY HOZAY am I gonna put it on my face now! AAAAAAAAAAAAK! :eek: I'll use it on my feet the next time I need to in place of the Vick's and noisy baggies :p

Beach Bum Mama pleeeeeeze don't use the microplane on your face! That sounds like a disaster in the making! I think you need to just gently cleanse that spot and pumice it a little like the doc said, and if it doesn't go away go back to doc for further treatment, don't try to carve it off with the microplane! The skin on your face is much more thin and fragile on your feet, the microplane is not meant for the face!

Okay, had to come on and ask if anyone was having the same problem I was having with the lotion. I bought it awhile back and began using it. Everything was great and I had no problems. About a week ago I noticed a few small bumps beginning to appear. One on my chin, almost front and center, that's the biggest one, and a few smaller one's somewhat around my jawline.

I already had a dermatologist appointment so I didn't worry about it too much but it seemed overnight the one on my chin got to be about dime size. My dermatologist told me that certain things can make the skin react certain ways. The Pretty Hands/Feet lotion I was using was actually causing the dry skin build-up. Now its almost like I have callouses on my face. He said to stop using it and to use a pumice stone or something to hopefully clear it up. I have the microplane but I'm afraid to use that on my face. The one's on the jaw area aren't so bad, but the one on my chin, front and center, seems to be getting larger. It's now almost quarter size.

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this and do you think the microplane would work? Should I try it on my face? If you've had this happen, what have you done?

Thanks for the help.

:D :D :D APRIL FOOL'S!!!:D :D :D

So sorry, after the above post I figured I'd better end this early!!!!

Just April Fool's guys!!!

But for the above poster, I do imagine all skin is going to react differently. I haven't tried this yet but will. And my skin is fairly sensitive and some new products do give little bumps when I first use them. I just try to use less, or less frequently until my skin adjust. So maybe you might have to do the same.

Sorry if I scared anyone, it was all in jest. I thought the comment about scraping my face with the microplane might give it away!

JEEEEEZUM! :eek:

Mine came today finally and NO WAY HOZAY am I gonna put it on my face now! AAAAAAAAAAAAK! :eek: I'll use it on my feet the next time I need to in place of the Vick's and noisy baggies :p

I'm so sorry! As soon as I posted I saw your post and I'm cracking up so bad I have tears on my face!:D :D :D I'm sooooooooo sorry for the scare! I promise none of it is true!

:D :D :D APRIL FOOL'S!!!:D :D :D

So sorry, after the above post I figured I'd better end this early!!!!

Just April Fool's guys!!!

Now that was the best April Fools Joke I have seen in a while. I was getting a little nervous, also. hahhehehheahha

OH

MY

GOD

You totally GOT ME! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you little $#!T!!!

The worst part about it is that I was sitting here waiting for DD to get home...I had smeared peanut butter on the door knob and hid the dog-will tell her I can't find him...

For hub I have put a rubber band around the faucet sprayer in the kitchen-he always comes in and washes his hands right away. I have also rubber banded all the kitchen chairs together so when they go sit to eat they'll have fun trying to get into their chairs!

Here I am doing all my scheming and I totally got SCHEMED!!!!!!!!!

YOU are GOOD! :D

microplaning her face...sheesh! :eek:

OH

MY

GOD

You totally GOT ME! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you little $#!T!!!

I'm so sorry, I still feel a little guilty for laughing so hard, I still keep reading your reaction and I have tears, it was priceless. After all you went through to get it, then to get it today and come to the board all excited and to see my post!!:eek: I guess the timing was perfect.

Good luck on all your little scheming!

Now that was the best April Fools Joke I have seen in a while. I was getting a little nervous, also. hahhehehheahha

Wow you got me too, I used it twice and thought oh --it, now what. You really had me going. :)

Cori

good heavens! you almost gave me a heart attack until I saw the part about the micro plane. then, I thought, ok this woman is crazy- somebody stop her! everyone knows you don't microplane your face, you use a rotary sander instead! Happy April Fool's Day!

good heavens! you almost gave me a heart attack until I saw the part about the micro plane. then, I thought, ok this woman is crazy- somebody stop her! everyone knows you don't microplane your face, you use a rotary sander instead! Happy April Fool's Day!

LOL! :D

Geez, I came back to see how everyone was doing (mine comes today from drugstore.com..and I was able to use the $5 off coupon and the fee shipping I found on the internet..actually it didn't work at first so I called and they gave me $10 off!) and saw the April fools joke. Good thing I read on, I was going to refuse the package LOL!

I can't wait to try it..mostly on my feet.

Despite the dirty joke (LOL) I tried it on my face last night. I wasn't impressed :( It was kinda watery looking so I shook it up, rubbed it on, whatever. Some waxy stuff rolled off, but no major crud. From some of the posts I read about the stuff I was expecting loads of junk. Oh well, I'll use it on my feet the next time I feel like I need a Vicks/noisy baggie session LOL! But I don't I'll bother getting it again.

Anyone else have a less than satisfying experience with the stuff? Am I doing it wrong??

Despite the dirty joke (LOL) I tried it on my face last night. I wasn't impressed :( It was kinda watery looking so I shook it up, rubbed it on, whatever. Some waxy stuff rolled off, but no major crud. From some of the posts I read about the stuff I was expecting loads of junk. Oh well, I'll use it on my feet the next time I feel like I need a Vicks/noisy baggie session LOL! But I don't I'll bother getting it again.

Anyone else have a less than satisfying experience with the stuff? Am I doing it wrong??

Hi, I have tried it twice and I haven't had a lot of luck with it so far, not sure I am doing it correctly. Some waxy stuff comes off, but I have to rub pretty hard and I have dry mature skin, so am a little hesitant to really rub hard, so may be that is why, I haven't had a lot of luck.

Cori

Archived