Set Sail Pass Question

I'm filling out our setsail passes today (I love this, it makes the cruise seem so real :)) but I have a question. My mother made the reservations for herself and my father in one room, and my sister and I in the other. However, my father was never sure he wanted to go, and now he has definitely decided not to go. We're not going to cancel him off of the reservation because the fees associated with that are higher than it would be to just pay the extra port taxes and what not anyway (RCCL has a double occupancy rate for singles so my mother would be mostly paying for him to go no matter what), but I don't know how to fill out the setsail pass. I was thinking I should just fill it out as if he were going, but when we arrive say he was sick and couldnt make it. Is that the right thing to do?

Also, since he's not going we don't have flight information for him, so how would I fill that out? Obviously I can't say he's driving there (as the cruise leaves from San Juan). Should I just say he's on our same flights, or do they check into that?

Thank you so much for the advice guys!

You can't talk Dad into going hun? I am not sure if there are "fees" associated with cancelling or just a loss of funds already paid for Dad. I would call RC and tell them what has happened. you and your sister and mother may be able to move to a room for 3, which would be cheaper than Mom paying double to stay in a room alone. 3rd person in a room is usually cheaper. This type thing happens all the time and RC is prepared to deal with it, so do not be intimidated. RC don't really care if Dad goes or not. They are just going to charge you the cost for 3 (hopefully in your favor). Do not sweat this, it is really not a big problem. Just call and tell them Dad is being a party pooper:) .

He'd rather spend his time off playing around with the new love of his life, his car ;)

We're past the final payment date (we actually only booked it about 3 days away from that date in the first place) and we dealt with a third person service that would charge us something like $250 per cancelled reservation, and I think all we would get back if we cancelled were the port fees and taxes, which is less than that. Maybe we'll try giving them a call and see if that definitely is the case or not though.

Thanks for the idea of switching to one room which is a good one, but we're pretty happy with the idea of having two. They're connecting so we can have our own space when we want, or have the door open when we want to spend time together. Plus I tend to get in late at night and while my sister is able to fall right back to sleep if I wake her, my mother is not. I won't have to worry about waking her up if we're in a separate room, which is nice.

I'm filling out our setsail passes today (I love this, it makes the cruise seem so real :)) but I have a question. My mother made the reservations for herself and my father in one room, and my sister and I in the other. However, my father was never sure he wanted to go, and now he has definitely decided not to go. We're not going to cancel him off of the reservation because the fees associated with that are higher than it would be to just pay the extra port taxes and what not anyway (RCCL has a double occupancy rate for singles so my mother would be mostly paying for him to go no matter what), but I don't know how to fill out the setsail pass. I was thinking I should just fill it out as if he were going, but when we arrive say he was sick and couldnt make it. Is that the right thing to do?

Also, since he's not going we don't have flight information for him, so how would I fill that out? Obviously I can't say he's driving there (as the cruise leaves from San Juan). Should I just say he's on our same flights, or do they check into that?

you should be able to just change the person in your moms room. maybe she has a friend that would like to go. this would probably save you fees from your third party ta. and you are't wasting the money on single occupancy.

Someone has to ask this...

What kind of car did he get??? :D

Karen

Haha... here is a picture. It's not an original, mind you!

abq.sized.jpg

As for my original question, we just ended up calling up RC and taking him off the reservation. I guess the fee was only if we cancelled the whole room, and we ended up getting some money back. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Once you "check-in" online, how long before RCCL gets back to you with your set sail pass? It says that they will email something. I know you get your card after you board.

Thanks!!:)

Unless they've changed their procedure since October when I last sailed, you can print your Set Sail Pass at the end of the check-in process. The only thing I recall them saying they'd e-mail was during the booking process, I had a choice of e-mail or snail mail for my cruise docs.

Are you kidding me?? He got a Cobra?? Kit or not, its in awesome condition!! Needless to say, I love cars. I have an '07 Shelby Cobra GT500.

OK, back to the Set Sail pass. After you fill it out, print it and take it with you to check-in. This really takes the place of the doc's they mail. You usually still get the mailed doc's, but use the printed out SetSaill pass to board. With this you have already sent in your passport and credit card info. You still need to give them the credit card, but for the most part you sent the info RCI needs.

Hope that helps...

Here's a pic of my car,

Karen

580689717_littleshel.JPG.339092ed525e10c9b38695da8bca9f3e.JPG

Are you kidding me?? He got a Cobra?? Kit or not, its in awesome condition!! Needless to say, I love cars. I have an '07 Shelby Cobra GT500.

Its not a Shelby, but check out the plate. BTW, my nephew is serving with your son.

w8n2crz.jpg.3677e274b8aebf7643808d7ba5dda7ee.jpg

Unless they've changed their procedure since October when I last sailed, you can print your Set Sail Pass at the end of the check-in process. The only thing I recall them saying they'd e-mail was during the booking process, I had a choice of e-mail or snail mail for my cruise docs.

Unless your not paid in full yet.

With this you have already sent in your passport and credit card info. You still need to give them the credit card, but for the most part you sent the info RCI needs. Karen

If you set your onboard account as a cash /TC one you don't have to give them a CC# and you can charge up to $500 before a payment by Cash, TC, debit card or CC needs to be made.

Once you "check-in" online, how long before RCCL gets back to you with your set sail pass? It says that they will email something. I know you get your card after you board.

You won't be able to print off the setsail pass until after final payment.

OK, back to the Set Sail pass. After you fill it out, print it and take it with you to check-in. This really takes the place of the doc's they mail. You usually still get the mailed doc's, but use the printed out SetSaill pass to board. With this you have already sent in your passport and credit card info. You still need to give them the credit card, but for the most part you sent the info RCI needs.

Hope that helps...

Here's a pic of my car,

Karen

ok Karen..small world here !!! :D

You will recognize this ! :p We met in Vegas :p

To the OP..no wonder your dad wants to stay home !! :D

Here is my car

NMRA2008031.jpg

OMG It is such a small world!!!! This is way too funny!! First on the Shelby board, and now on a cruise board! Just goes to show we car lovers, love our cruises too. We just got back a month ago (or so). I haven't been on the Team Shelby board since before January 19th...

Vegas was such an awesome trip. Let us know when you'll be on the west coast again!

All of my pic's from Vegas are too big to fit on here...

So Sue, what are you doing next March? Wanna join us??

Karen

OMG It is such a small world!!!! This is way too funny!! First on the Shelby board, and now on a cruise board! Just goes to show we car lovers, love our cruises too. We just got back a month ago (or so). I haven't been on the Team Shelby board since before January 19th...

Vegas was such an awesome trip. Let us know when you'll be on the west coast again!

All of my pic's from Vegas are too big to fit on here...

So Sue, what are you doing next March? Wanna join us??

Karen

Too funny....when I saw you were from Victorville...then the pic..I knew it was you ! Vegas was awesome !

Don't tempt me on March lol..doesnt take much to talk me into a cruise !

Just print and sign the Set Sail Pass form. You may get other documentation and luggage tags via postal mail. You will get your Sea Pass card at the port, just before you board.

Too funny....when I saw you were from Victorville...then the pic..I knew it was you ! Vegas was awesome !

Don't tempt me on March lol..doesnt take much to talk me into a cruise !

OK, I'll tempt you again? What are you doing next March??

You're going on a cruise in a few days, book it onboard. The itinerary is great and price was just right, plus we got great cabins. Our daughter, her b/f and another couple we met on our last cruise is going too.

Karen

Call Royal Caribbean and remove him from the reservation. My brother's GF decided not to go a week before our Grandeur sailing last month......not only did RC refund the port charges, fuel surcharge, taxes and gratuities on her price - they also refunded part of her fare.

Well worth the phone call :) I was only on the phone with them for about 5 minutes to make this change.

IM A FULL TIME SUBSTITUTE TEACHER AND CAN TAKE ANY TIME OFF I NEED....... I WOULD LOVE TO BE A SOCIAL GUIDE FOR THE EXTRA SPOT ON THE CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived