Juneau-Brewery Tour?

VikkiGarcia

It is not an elaborate tour, it is an interesting place and if you like beer, they have a good brew and there is tasting afterward. Not very educational or particularly interesting for kids.

It is sometimes "inlcuded" in Juneau excursions -- not really enough on its own for an excursion. The brewery is not downtown so if you don't go with an excursion, you'll need to arrange your own transportaion. We had relatives in Juneau and so they drove. (The locals try to avoid the place when the ships' excursions are there, but otherwise do seem to frequent it:) )

the kids will like it. they will enjoy the posters all over the walls and the old bottles etc. thetre are 5 kinds of beer to taste- I went with the dark beer over the lighter beers. i thought were excellent.

if you have time and hungry go ot the Twisted Fish for a drink and food or stop in town for the paini playing bar-forgot name but interesting.

If you have the time for the stop, it's worthwhile. I would also add Glacier Gardens, and the Hatchery, if of interest. A stop to the Fred Meyer store will give you also a look at an Alaska institution. :) Many "stops" along the way to consider. The brewery can be done in an hour, I'd wait until there to decide, then add it depending on your time.

Where is the brewery in relation to Mendenhall Glacier? We are planning on taking the Mendenhall Glacier Bus. Is it within walking distance of Mendenhall or would we need a car?

Nope, you would need a cab or ride the city bus, which from Mendenhall is over a mile walk to the bus stop.

If you have the time for the stop, it's worthwhile. I would also add Glacier Gardens, and the Hatchery, if of interest. A stop to the Fred Meyer store will give you also a look at an Alaska institution. :) Many "stops" along the way to consider. The brewery can be done in an hour, I'd wait until there to decide, then add it depending on your time.

Budget Queen...can you tell me more about the Fred Meyer Store & where it's located? It sounds interesting. We will have a rental car from Rent-A-Wreck & may have some extra time.

J

This is going to turn a lot of people off, but Freddy's is kinda like a super wal-mart. It has a little of everything. I wouldn't have ever thought of stopping in to one as a tourist destination. But, I've been in quite a few of them by necessity (fishing supplies, groceries, etc.).

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=8181+Glacier+Hwy,+Juneau,+AK+99801&sll=58.359949,-134.561697&sspn=0.007575,0.01796&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

The kids will probably get something out of the hatchery. It's really cool if there are some fish in the ladder.

Budget Queen...can you tell me more about the Fred Meyer Store & where it's located? It sounds interesting. We will have a rental car from Rent-A-Wreck & may have some extra time.

J

Glacier Highway, you will pass right by it on the way to Mendenhall Glacier.

Archived