Balcony cabin vs Minisuite on Tahitian

whale-watcher

We have the chance to book as "last minute" cruise on the Tahitian Princess for this summer. We can't get three minis in a row, but can get three balcony cabins side by side (amazingly!)...

There would be three minis in the same general area available, but at a cost difference of about $3000 per cabin for a 14 day cruise (or about $100 per person per day)....

Would we be nuts to upgrade to the minis for that price (and to give up the convenience of 3 balconies in a row)?....we are not as concerned about the smaller bathroom as we are about the smaller cabin, but it looks like there is a sitting area of sorts even in standard balcony cabins on the TP?

TP cabins are a little bigger but I was in a mini for 10 nights. i agree about the price but is that all together or what? If i could afford to i would do a mini. i tend to use the balcony more and my sofa.

the furniture is different on the TP-more upscale. hte DR is lovely. you have to do what is right for you.

We sailed in a mini on the TP and thought it was one of the best minis we have had on Princess except for the Sun Class ships.

But, we also visited friends in a balcony cabin.

These balcony cabins on the TP also have a small loveseat in them and although about half the size of the minis, they are still quite nice in comparison to other balcony cabins on some of the Princess ships.

This is a tough decision. Personally, I would go with the mini, but it depends on if you want to be right next door to the others whether you book this or not. And of coarse the extra cost involved.

Total cost to upgrade (since I am paying for all 6 of us in 3 cabins) would be (ouch) $8700 for a 14 day cruise, plus we would give up the convience of 3 side by side cabins. This is about a 44% increase over and above the balcony price. I would probably pay this amount on the dawn/sun, where there is a big advantage to having a mini, but have no experience with this class of ship.

Thanks...would you believe we're taking the TP to Alaska (as opposed to the Pacific Princess in the Med)

Opps, my error, I wasn't paying attention to the itineary.

I still can't figure out why they would put a ship named the 'Tahitian Princess' anywhere but Tahiti. lol

I wonder if there might be a name change for her future if they don't plan on putting her back into the Pacific itinearys?

We're booked on the Tahitian Priness for April so I haven't actually been on the ship yet...but we did do a New Year's on the Star..yes I know different ship, but what I was going to tell you was we booked two side by side balcony cabins and our cabin stewart unlocked the balcony door between the two cabins. We were able to go back and forth via the balcony. Don't know if the Tahitiann Princess has this feature, but if it does...you have access to each of these room via the balcony. I'd book the balcony cabins and save the difference for another cruise.....

We had a mini on the TP this past September. It was very nice, but not twice as large as a balcony cabin. Two mini suites take up the same space as three balcony cabins. This would make them 50% larger than the balcony cabins. You will need to determine if this extra space is worth the money. Personally, we like the extra balcony space and the larger bathroom. The extra space in the cabin is nice, but would not be the reason we book a mini.

Archived