Wet wipes with bleach?

Desert star

shipping free :)

PURELL Instant Hand Wrapped Wipes - 100 pk.

0007385200986_LG.jpg

Delivery: $5.24 Shipping Included

item-head_Suggested.gif

sanitizing Wrapped Wipes, Kills 99.9 of Germs, 100 pk. officesmall.gif

item-head_Specifications.gif

Hand wipes kills 99

percent of most common germs

Use anytime for quick clean-up when soap and water are not available

Sanitize while removing dirt from hands

Wipes are individually wrapped

Warranty: This product is covered by the Sam's Club Member Satisfaction Guarantee.

Assembled Country of Origin: USA

Components Country of Origin: USA

This item ships Office Preferred Delivery via small package carrier of the suppliers choice to the 48 contiguous states only and is generally delivered within 1 to 2 business days.

Shipping Options (Delivery):

Shipping Included

There are 2 types. Ones for disinfecting surfaces and ones for your hands.

The ones made for cleaning surfaces sometimes have bleach but if you read the pack it says not for personal use. They will be in the laundry/clening isle.

Get the ones for hands (in the tissue isle) if that's what you intend to use them for.

I get my Clorox wipes at our local wholesale club. The Clorox wipes don't have bleach in them though, I never realized it until I read the label but they do work really well. I always bring a container on our cruise, call me paranoid but I do a quick wipe down in the cabin handles/balconyrailing/phone/remote etc. I have to say I go through quite a few wipes the first run through, you would be surprised to see how dirty they are.

If you have a BJs club close, they also sell a brand of hand sanitizer wipes. I like these better than the Purell-less drying (but both work about the same) Always have a few in the purse, car, luggage etc. Bit of a germ freak. Also use the BJs brand of surface wipes. Work good too.

I get my Clorox wipes at our local wholesale club. The Clorox wipes don't have bleach in them though, I never realized it until I read the label but they do work really well. I always bring a container on our cruise, call me paranoid but I do a quick wipe down in the cabin handles/balconyrailing/phone/remote etc. I have to say I go through quite a few wipes the first run through, you would be surprised to see how dirty they are.

Yep, most people think that because it says Clorox on the box it will contain bleach.

I even did some research and discovered that Lysol does not kill the Norwalk Virus.

Use LYSOL® Disinfectant Spray to eliminate the following bacteria, fungi and viruses on hard non-porous surfaces*:

Viruses

- Influenza

- Rhinovirus -The leading cause of the common cold

- Rotavirus - The leading cause of infectious diarrhea in children

- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) – The leading cause of lower respiratory infection in children

- Poliovirus Type 1

- Adenovirus Type 2

- Herpes Simplex Virus Types 1 and 2

- Hepatitis A

Bacteria

- Escherichia coli (E-Coli)

- Salmonella

- Staph and Strep

- Campylobacter

Fungi

- Athlete’s Foot Fungus

- Mold and Mildew

Although they do have a product that has bleach. Unfortunately, it comes in a spray bottle not aerosol.

prod-circ_all_pur_bleach.jpg

Yeah, I have always used the Clorox wipes, but when the subject came up about wipes with beach, I looked and NO the Clorox wipes do NOT contain beach, so I was wondering if there was a particular kind that did.

I am not really too worried about it, but i thought if I could get them I would.

I have heard mention of people getting the cleaning cloths/wet wipes with beach in them. Does anyone know where I can purchace them?

You are posting this on a cruise info board. Because your question specifically asks about bleach, I am assuming your concern is the Noro virus since this would be the main reason to use bleach.

Do not depend on bleach WIPE to eliminate the Noro virus. Research has shown this nasty little bug has to be kept wet with a very strong bleach solution for at least 15 seconds. A “wipe” will only wet an area for 3-5 seconds. If you’re worry is the Noro, nothing short of bringing a gallon of bleach, pail and mop will be effective.

Sure hope I don't have to stay in a cabin that some "germophobe" has been in and hosed down with bleach, insect killers, and heaven kinows what else.

Have you seen what some of these things do to the finish on woodwork? How about let the cruise line do their job? It's worked for us!

You are posting this on a cruise info board. Because your question specifically asks about bleach, I am assuming your concern is the Noro virus since this would be the main reason to use bleach.

Do not depend on bleach WIPE to eliminate the Noro virus. Research has shown this nasty little bug has to be kept wet with a very strong bleach solution for at least 15 seconds. A “wipe” will only wet an area for 3-5 seconds. If you’re worry is the Noro, nothing short of bringing a gallon of bleach, pail and mop will be effective.

cant hurt!

I too wipe down almost every surface that we could possibly touch...door handles, remotes, phone, etc... I use the Clorox wipes, the off brands leave too much of a residue. I also like the idea of the Lysol spray mentioned earlier. I've been using the Clorox spray for hard surfaces. I also use hand sanitizer when actual washing isn't available. I avoid touching common things as much as possible when out and about on the ship. I always use a hand sanitizer towellette if we do the buffet before I eat since the utensils are touched by so many people. I also do the same for the airplane we travel in and the hotel we stay in before the cruise so far I haven't gotten sick. Yes it seems anal but I don't really care.

Sure hope I don't have to stay in a cabin that some "germophobe" has been in and hosed down with bleach, insect killers, and heaven kinows what else.

Have you seen what some of these things do to the finish on woodwork? How about let the cruise line do their job? It's worked for us!

WOW! I never recall saying I was going to wipe down the entire cabin with bleach or ......insect killers! Where do you people get this stuff?

I think the cruiseline does a wonderful job, but they hardly have time to wipe down everything like remotes, light switches etc.

Like another poster said, "It can hurt" But if you would like to think that everyone washes their hands like they are supposed to after using the bathroom, then you just go right ahead and take your chances.

I don't plan on hosing anything down, but I DO plan to use Clorox wipes on the doorknobs, toilet handle, faucet handles, telephone, and the TV remote. I use them on these surfaces at home, and they do no damage whatsoever.

I got some travel size packets at Target for about $1.50 apiece.

I think the staff does a great job however like another poster said its impossible to expect them to get everything clean. We always thought our cabin looked great when we arrived yet I still wipe off the commonly used items and you would be amazed at what my wipes looked like after. Maybe my extra effort comes from working in a 7 dr pediatrics office where I am routinely coughed and sneezed on. It works for me ;)

Just remember that the best preventative for Norovirus is handwashing with soap and water and a lot of friction for at least 20 seconds after bathroom breaks, touching public doorknobs, banisters, etc. We just returned from 29 days of cruising and I can't tell you the number of people I encountered leaving public bathrooms without washing hands or just dabbling them under running water or refusing the wipes handed out on entering the dining room!

Just remember that the best preventative for Norovirus is handwashing with soap and water and a lot of friction for at least 20 seconds after bathroom breaks, touching public doorknobs, banisters, etc. We just returned from 29 days of cruising and I can't tell you the number of people I encountered leaving public bathrooms without washing hands or just dabbling them under running water or refusing the wipes handed out on entering the dining room!

ICK, ICK, ICK :eek: !

I don't wipe down everything, but I do wash my hands regularly and use the anti-bacterial offered. I pretty much agree with spartygrad95. I'm afraid the young people of today will be getting sick more often because their immune systems haven't been exposed to "general" bacteria.

I don't think we should go back to the time when my parents took me to "visit" children with mumps, measles and chicken pox :eek: , but you need some exposure to germs to build up immunity.

JMHO,

Archived