Dinner in Windjammer

Spring

I just booked a cruise that leaves in 18 days and they only had late setting for dinner. Due to a Medical reason I can not have a late 8:30Pm dinner, must have 4 hours or more for digestion of what I have had. I understand on the Radiance they have a set down dinner in the Windjammer that starts around 6Pm, can anyone help me with any information on this.

I just booked a cruise that leaves in 18 days and they only had late setting for dinner. Due to a Medical reason I can not have a late 8:30Pm dinner, must have 4 hours or more for digestion of what I have had. I understand on the Radiance they have a set down dinner in the Windjammer that starts around 6Pm, can anyone help me with any information on this.

When you get on the ship go directly to the Matr'd and tell them your medical problem and I am sure they will try to get you an early dinner seating. They want to please you honestly they do.

There is definitely dinner available in Windjammers in the evening, although I can't remember if it is sit-down or buffet.

However if you see the maitre'd when you board and explain your medical circumstances, they should be able to fit you in for the early seating.

on our last couple of cruises...we ate in the windjammer several times. we don't like having to "dress up" for dinner. shorts and tee's are our standard attire while on vacation:D

dinner is also buffet style but the lights are down low....cloth napkins are on the tables....and it is slightly more "formal" than breakfast and lunch.

it is waaaaaaay quieter than the dining room and the offerings are very similar to what's being served there.

The Windjammer is a nice buffet option, but like others have said, see the maitre'd and see what he can do for you. You might have to go to the WJ the first night, but I have trouble believe they would not be able to slide you in to early seating.

If you are unable to get the earlier seating, the Windjammer on Radiance is a particularly good option. It is still buffet, but servers are around to bring you drinks and chat if you like. Windjammer manager Chantal is the Captain's wife and does a fabulous job with both the food and the staff.

We really enjoyed the food here. Food was hotter than dining room food and there was a lot more variety. The trade-off is not having the dining room experience.

Hope you get the earlier seating, but if not, rest assured that you will be well taken care of and well fed in the Windjammer at dinner.

Have a great cruise!

Tim in Pompano Beach

Like others have said..as soon as you get on the ship go to the dining room and see about changing to early seating. You could go to the Windjammer as an alternate choice but get your seating changed first thing.

Have a great cruise:)

If you are unable to get the earlier seating, the Windjammer on Radiance is a particularly good option. It is still buffet, but servers are around to bring you drinks and chat if you like. Windjammer manager Chantal is the Captain's wife and does a fabulous job with both the food and the staff.

We really enjoyed the food here. Food was hotter than dining room food and there was a lot more variety. The trade-off is not having the dining room experience.

Hope you get the earlier seating, but if not, rest assured that you will be well taken care of and well fed in the Windjammer at dinner.

Have a great cruise!

Tim in Pompano Beach

I agree, except that I thought the trade-off was great! The dining room food on Radiance wasn't that good and that class of ship offers what I think is a chaotic dining experience - not enough waiters, very noisy and lacking in elegance because everybody is so rushed. The WJ was downright peaceful by comparison. Carrying my own plate was a small price to pay.

Radiance has a couple of cook-to-order stations in the WJ, including a Mongolian BBQ that was to die for, also a pasta station, as I recall. When we cruise her again, it's more likely than not that we'll end up eating in the WJ most nights, it was that good.

So if you can't get early, don't feel as if you're going to a second best option. The WJ usually opens at 7:00 in my experience.

When you get on the ship go directly to the Matr'd and tell them your medical problem and I am sure they will try to get you an early dinner seating. They want to please you honestly they do.

Or stay up at least 4 hours after dinner ;)

I'm just kdding, this poster is probably correct. I'm guessing acid reflux?

Archived