Orient Beach

The cab we took dropped us off right at the beach. The cabs pull into the parking area and sort of make a circle and drop you off where you want to be. There are a few bars and places that rent lounge chairs, etc. There are rest rooms although they are small and not ones that you could change in. Not the ones I used anyway. You should realize that there is a "naturalist" area at one end of the beach and they do tend to walk up and down the entire length of beach. Nice beach though.

Just got off AOS on 2/24 and went to Orient $7.00 each which included a chair, umbrella and rummy punch. Arranged time for cab to return and he came right on time - think this was $7.00 each way. This is not the full nude section, but there was quite a bit of toplessness...

This is not the full nude section, but there was quite a bit of toplessness...

There will be "toplessness" lol...because it is a true European style beach which means tops are optional (think Discovery or National Geographic Channel not Playboy Channel) ;)

Club Orient (the Naturalist Resort folks) tend to stay at the far end and there is a sign marking the resort.

so crusinmama06, are you saying that if we go to Orient beach and we see toplessness, my dh's eyes won't pop out because the women are beautiful and in great shape?(I wish I were still in great shape, but after a few kids-ya know what I mean) I guess what I am saying is that I don't want to be around "perkiness". I can be around average and I won't feel bad! LOL!!:)

so crusinmama06, are you saying that if we go to Orient beach and we see toplessness, my dh's eyes won't pop out because the women are beautiful and in great shape?(I wish I were still in great shape, but after a few kids-ya know what I mean) I guess what I am saying is that I don't want to be around "perkiness". I can be around average and I won't feel bad! LOL!!:)

Well on our trips to Orient, there was nothing "perky" around. :D Like I said, as seen on National Geographic would be a better description of Orient Beach...lol

It's "naturist" not "naturalist"....BIG difference. Don't confuse the two.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oooops :o Yes, I meant to say NATURIST (nudist), not NATURALIST (A person interested in natural history)

Oh it's been a long night and I should really just go to bed. LMBO!!!!!!!!

Orient isn't the only clothing optional beach :eek: We were at Mullet Bay 2 weeks ago and there were lots of women with no bikini tops. I didn't want to mention this.....but there was a 75 year old man in a thong. I know this is SO bad, but I snapped a pic of it. Nah....you don't really wanna see it. I think the visual is good enough!!!:p :p

Most of the topless and nude people including the 80+ lady and hairy male we saw on our last visits to Orient Beach should have been wearing some clothes as they would have looked much better if that had.

OK- I feel better now!LOL!! I had envisioned the beach differently!! The website that gives the description of St. Martin beaches shows pictures of young ,perkie women. When I saw that I thought no-way!! LOL!! I may venture there now!LOL!! My dh can't see anything w/o his glasses, so I will just hide them if need be!LOL!! :D

Naked ARRP parade aside, make sure your taxi takes you and your party straight to the beach. We lost an hour of beach time because our taxi driver picked up another couple after us who wanted an island tour. Had we known better we would have stepped out and grabbed another taxi.

OK- I feel better now!LOL!! I had envisioned the beach differently!! The website that gives the description of St. Martin beaches shows pictures of young ,perkie women. When I saw that I thought no-way!! LOL!! I may venture there now!LOL!! My dh can't see anything w/o his glasses, so I will just hide them if need be!LOL!! :D

If you need to hide his glasses, it'll be so he won't see and grow ill. When we where at Orient beach last summer, we saw a couple in full nudity. They were Seniors and really needed some clothing. Nothing perky about either of them.

I visited Orient Beach like 10 years ago with my family... one thing I remember was floating wood platforms that were anchored to the bottom. This provided a great resting point during snorkeling. They were about 10x10 in size and a short swim off the coast.

I will be returning on a cruise this august.... Does anyone know if these still exist? Which end of the beach are they located on? Where would I request the taxi drop me?

Thanks!

Orient isn't the only clothing optional beach :eek: We were at Mullet Bay 2 weeks ago and there were lots of women with no bikini tops. I didn't want to mention this.....but there was a 75 year old man in a thong. I know this is SO bad, but I snapped a pic of it. Nah....you don't really wanna see it. I think the visual is good enough!!!:p :p

Actually, all beaches on the French side of the island follow the French custom of (optional) topless sunbathing for women. Baie Rouge is definitely fully c/o, and I know there's at least one other (but the name escapes me).

I think that was rude of you to snap a pix of someone just to make fun of them. That's immature, IMO. And if you think that the women aren't perk/young/sexy/attracitive enough, then don't go to the beach. There's a common misconception that the sole reason for topless sunbathing is for sexiness. It's not. The reason for it is to enjoy the beach in the French (and other countries') customs. Just as on every single beach everywhere you've been that is "clothed" (although how we can call some of those thong bottoms with teeny triangle tops really "clothed" is another issue), there will be all ages, shapes, and sizes. If you don't want to see that or aren't willing to accept the array of different "looks" on the beach, then don't go there or at least have the grace not to take pix just so you can laugh at someone who you think it not "worthy" of being topless.

beachchick

Great post, Beachchick. :)

It is sophomoric to presume that folks enjoying partial or full nudity at a location such as Orient Beach are doing so to show off or that such displays should be subject to such immature critique.

The enjoyment of the sun, seas, and sand is not just for the bold and beautiful-it is for all, regardless of shape or size.

A few may have what we normally would consider great shapes, most of us are not so lucky. But, why should those of us who are scawny or heavy or pot bellied or bald or ugly or some other way not in the mold of Hawaian Tropic models be expected to hide in the shadows?

For gosh sakes, those who deviate from the ideal are ridiculed in school, discriminated against socially and in the workplace, and otherwise relegated to lesser status in our society-and now some of you criticize them simply because they want to be nude at a nude beach!

I am a little old bald guy with a bit of a pot belly. This old bod has managed to carry me through many years of life, including a year in Vietnam, and I am very happy with my bod. If I feel the inclination to go nude at Orient Beach, I will do with without any consideration of what you might think of how I look.

Next time you see people at such locations who don't fit your mold of who should be "allowed" to be nude, perhaps it is not them who are in the wrong place. ;)

Orient Beach is very beautiful and a great place to spend a few hours. May it be enjoyed by all.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

We have been to Orient Beach 3 times. Most of the time you see "Bo Didley" as opposed to "Bo Derek" (look up Bo Didley if you don't know that name). We have seen some perky as well but I have to tell you we also saw a couple that had to be 90 strolling along completely nude and it was not a pleasant sight. Bless their hearts for having that much courage.

When visiting Orient Beach (we will probably take a taxi vs. ship excursion) will they drop off us at a resort or just a strip of land? What about chairs/restrooms etc. Any comments appreciated!

http://home.carolina.rr.com/photos2005/SmallOrientPanorama.htm

Orient Beach is a very long beach with many different sections (see map above). You'd have to specify where you want to go. I don't know which sections are open to the public vs private for the hotels / condos, as we've only ever been to Boo Boo Jam. Most of the cruise lines' shore excursions take you to Boo Boo Jam which has a restaurant, bar, bit of shopping (mostly beach coverup stuff - mildly pushy staff in the booths, but not bad), some primitive showers in changeroom cubicles, chair / umbrella rentals, and a kiddie play structure next to the parking lot. Oh, and a great beach of course! Most of the folks up that far cover up, but we've seen topless walkers each time we've been.

Archived