Samantha Harris's Ball Gown on Dancing with the Stars

Well they were a little better after the commercial, when they knew they'd be on camera. She sat up straighter. Looked like a slob who didn't care to be there before commercial. UGH.

I liked him before, now not so much. She doesn't bring out much good in him, IMO. I also will be anxious to see if he comes back-we know the relationship won't last...

Jane, no worries for you, I got flamed for posting their names...

see the post above.

I will not post anything about who goes for the next 2 weeks

so no worries that I will ruin it for anyone else.

Lois do not worry about it. I will just not come on here until after 10p.m. So now tht Shannon is off I have a theory if anyone would care to read this.

I truly do not think that Christian cannot dance without doing harm to that arm. Now DWTS has a contract for so many weeks on air. If he cannot dance anymore they are going to have to do something. So my idea is as much as Shannon and Derrick have been, well you guys know, they will bring them back on for another week, then they will get voted off again and the schedule will then be back to normal. How is that one????

Marilyn

GCurry.....I agree with almost everything you said except maybe the Christian thing.

You will be comforted to know, that normally when a woman disagrees with me they are usually right! I've never understood that myself, but have had a lot of opportunity to get used to it.

Rupturing/tearing tendons, got me to switch from Racket Ball to Ballroom about 10 years ago.

I'm your height, and dancing with a woman that tall especially in heels requires some adjustments. Under arm turns etc, take some concentration as my wife is 5' 3. It certainly improves my posture however.

I won't miss Shannon & Derrick, his mugging at the camera got a little old.

That Sportsline bit was off the wall funny.

It's interesting on other threads to hear the Brits opinions of Len Goodman, as it seems to be a love/hate relationship. I think Smooth will tell you that Ballroom judging has none of the theatrics we usually see on this program.

You will be comforted to know, that normally when a woman disagrees with me they are usually right! I've never understood that myself, but have had a lot of opportunity to get used to it.

Rupturing/tearing tendons, got me to switch from Racket Ball to Ballroom about 10 years ago.

I'm your height, and dancing with a woman that tall especially in heels requires some adjustments. Under arm turns etc, take some concentration as my wife is 5' 3. It certainly improves my posture however.

I won't miss Shannon & Derrick, his mugging at the camera got a little old.

That Sportsline bit was off the wall funny.

It's interesting on other threads to hear the Brits opinions of Len Goodman, as it seems to be a love/hate relationship. I think Smooth will tell you that Ballroom judging has none of the theatrics we usually see on this program.

My husband,who is 5'11" and no great dancer,bless his heart,though he does try....likes to say that he just stands still and let's me dance around him and on occassion I've seen this on DWTS. I won't miss Shannon either.

Loved the Sportsline bit also,especially the take on Marissa:D

I know the judging is very serious but I just love that Len... I think he's very observant and funny...I used to not care for Carrie Ann but she has won me over,she seems to appreciate the "I see your really trying and I know how hard this is for you" factor.

As far as injuries are concerned,just don't let anything happen to that Jason Taylor:p !

I was thinking about this this morning... if they are going to allow one lift per dance next week .. how is Christian going to compete?? Everyone except the judges love the lifts and he will have a really tough time pulling that off while Jason is over there smoothly lifting Edyta as if she is a feather ??

And Lois .. I know I want to talk about it as soon as it is over .. it is only natural that you do too!! Besides .. I am busy watching AI and the DWTS results so I don't see a problem with the discussion starting and me joining in AFTER the show .. consider yourself un-flamed!!

I was completly surprised the first time we did a lift just how much participation the lady does and that a good deal of the lift is actually being done and created by the lady. The lady is in complete control and responsible for her own balance, not the gent. It is very possible that they could do a lift without Christen being 100%... I bet Cheryl will go with a low lift, there are many that are quite beautiful.

I was completly surprised the first time we did a lift just how much participation the lady does and that a good deal of the lift is actually being done and created by the lady. The lady is in complete control and responsible for her own balance, not the gent. It is very possible that they could do a lift without Christen being 100%... I bet Cheryl will go with a low lift, there are many that are quite beautiful.

That's exactly how it is in ballet. If the female does not have core stength and is not uplited properly in that area (midsection), it is very difficult for the male to lift her so it looks effortless. All the male is doing is guiding her.

As far as the lifts next week, didn't the judges say they would allow a lift, not require a lift. Now, if they give extra points for the degree of difficulty for a lift, I'll have a problem with that since it is not required.

Hi,:) its been the whole week since anyone posted?

What did ya'll think of Sam's dress last night? I thought it

was lovely...didn't it look like a light lavender?

Don't worry, I will not post anything about who wins

tonite.

What did everyone think of the dancing? Jason looked wonderful

to me:) And it seems everyone decided to do a lift (since they were

allowed)

Christian took over 1st place!

They are having a 2 hour program tonite.....the first

hour is going up against Idol.

Many of the formal functions I have attended this gown color, kind of a grey/lavendar is showing up more and more. I have seen some really nice shades, and I do like the color.

My guess is that this will be Marissa's last night. I find her dancing rather one dimensional and as one judge commented not what you would expect at this point in the competition.

It was funny that they made Christens cast "sparkle"

I agree, Marissa should go tonight. If I thought the music couldn't get any worse, I was wrong. If you thought a Spanish Samba was bad how about an Italian one? The Michael Buble version of It had better be tonight, didn't do a lot to capture the rhythm of the Samba.

The lifts were interesting particularly Jason's, but this is supposed to be dancing not Cirque de Soleil.

On the other hand, I did enjoy the Viennese Waltz and thought Cristian did a wonderful job with one hand, and the Mambo was a good dance for him.

I remain a Kristi supporter however, she is such a pro.

I think Christian's dances were good but I thought maybe he was a

little stiff since his arm was hurt. I think Jason's second dance was not

up to his first dance. The moves looked to be quite a bit easier. At this

point everything should be getting harder.

I agree that Marissa will probably go.

I would really like to see a female win this year. I do think the female

dancers have harder moves and steps. So it is a lot harder for them

to be perfect dancers.

But we shall see.:)

I thought Samantha's gown was nice .. but her necklace was stunning!! For the first half of the show, I thought she had a leather belt on!! I was wondering what the heck??

Give me a break...... Jason needs a spray on tan?????? Loved his tango and I was so disappointed he didn't do a better Samba.. oh well such is life he is still a hunk!!

Cheryl ( or actually whoevers's ) choreography for Christian was great .. I take back what I said about lifts!

I liked Jasons tango also. They did have a flair of the Argentine tango in thier routine, so be it, if that is how they interpreted the dance.... Len was a bit grouchy last night!

Absolutley on Cheryl. A sign of a good instructor is to determine both the strengths and weaknesses of the student, build a routine around thoes strengths, which she did very well. My husand is a large man and our instructors key in on our large top lines and flight on the floor while staying away from him doing any type of twist turns that will not highlight his body frame.

My favorite of the night however was the V waltz that Katrina did. The lift flowed right in with the charector of the dance, it looked like it was suppose to be there and not just a lift for the sake of doing a lift. Although the judges did not like thier jive, I did!!

I would really like to see a female win this year. I do think the female

dancers have harder moves and steps. So it is a lot harder for them

to be perfect dancers.

I agree with you to a certain extent, too often with the male stars you see them standing still while their partner flatulates around them, as Len put it one time.

Our former instructor Ole Lance (danceteacherfromhell) would have been yelling move your feet, move your feet!! If you notice, the male instructors are almost always moving.

There are times, however, when the mans primary function is to provide solid framing to support the woman. There is a lot of that in Tango where you hold your frame still or the woman falls.

Certainly the man choreographs and leads the dance; you might practice a routine, but if he doesn't lead you into the steps then things get awkward.

Len was a bit grouchy last night!

I think Bruno's theatrics and stepping on his lines get on his nerves!!

Give me a break...... Jason needs a spray on tan??????

I'll grant that, as a pretence, it was pretty lame.:rolleyes: They could have just showed him waiting for his shirt to come back from the cleaners.:p

Samantha's black sheath gown with the ruffles at the bottom is just drop dead gorgeous! It is Hollywood Oscars red carpet wonderful. It is her best gown so far this season.

I like it much better than the staid pale grey empire with front gathers and black lace trim at the empire waste that she wore last night.

By the way, Cristian's mambo last night was spectacular.

Ok I am shocked too .. and btw it is over on the west coast now.

I sweated that final two out !!

I loved Samantha's gown .. but I really like her better when they put her in Jewel tones like the sapphire gown earlier in the season. In fact I turned to my husband tonite and said .. I LOVE that dress .. but I wish it were Emerald Green on her !!

Ok .. I gotta say this

I am a west coaster. When this show is over here it is after midnight on the East Coast.

It is really not as much fun if I come in here and no has posted about it or is being careful what they say. I won't read what you have to say until after the show and I will add my comments and you won't read them until the AM but bythen your reactions to the show won't be as immediate and it won't be the same at all.

I think that is really sad.

I want it back the way it was !!!!!

Hi Kathy, I only saw part of it but I did see the end.

I think Mario was quite classy:) and now, its anyone's dance...

the semi's are next week and they all need to bring their A game.

Unfortunetly, my dad is back in the hospital:(

and I was there till after 9:00:eek: so I missed all the "extra stuff"

They found a cyst on his liver:( and today he is having

a biopsy.

His skin is really yellow and urine is abnormal.

Send out some good thoughts for us....thanks.......

Ok I am shocked too .. and btw it is over on the west coast now.

I sweated that final two out !!

I loved Samantha's gown .. but I really like her better when they put her in Jewel tones like the sapphire gown earlier in the season. In fact I turned to my husband tonite and said .. I LOVE that dress .. but I wish it were Emerald Green on her !!

It's so weird to me that you have to stay up till midnight to watch that show when it's all over with here by 9 or so. You must be so sleep deprived!

The final 2-what a nail biter! I kept going back and forth with my predictions. I cannot believe sausage-y Marissa is still in it. I really think Mario is the better dancer.

Samantha's gown-totally agreed and I thought the same thing. With her dark hair it's just too monochromatic of a look. If the dress is plain but elegant then I'm ok with the black but if there is any detail to the dress I just think it pops more when it's in a great color like sapphire, aubergine, etc... The only one thing that dress could have used was a bit more oomph in the breast area. It made her girls look a smidge puny and saggy, just a smidge.

You make a good point about how the black gown had no pop, but I really did love the rufflle effect of the gown, and yes a red carpet type of gown. I did not care much for her up-do. I never seem to like when they sweep her hair up, what they come up with.

I too was disappointed that Marissa was voted to stay on. She clearly does not have what it takes to be in the semi-final, her dancing average at best. As she was in the bottom of the leaderboard she had to pull in a lot of votes to stay on and I dont get it at all..... I wonder where her fan base comes from. I dont know that Mario would of won the whole thing, but he was certainly the better dancer.

Karania seemed to know that it was coming and did not seemed bothered by it. I saw a show a while back where she gave a tour of her house, which was quite something. Ballroom teachers/coaches are not wealthy people by any means, make just enought to get by and do it for the love of dancing.... This show on the other hand has evediently made her the exeption, so she still ends up a lucky girl.

The latin couple who did a dance with the guest band... What was that costume all about?? It looked like she had a piece of material hanging off of her butt... Looked stupid and out of place.

Lois, sending warm thoughts your way.

Karania seemed to know that it was coming and did not seemed bothered by it. I saw a show a while back where she gave a tour of her house, which was quite something. Ballroom teachers/coaches are not wealthy people by any means, make just enought to get by and do it for the love of dancing.... This show on the other hand has evediently made her the exeption, so she still ends up a lucky girl.

They were interviewed this morning on GMA and when asked who they thought would go all the way Mario answered either Kristi or Jason and then Karina piped in and said something like "It would be fun to see Marissa go all the way" but she said it with a kind of $#!T eating grin on her face like she was being sarcastic and sneaking in a dig. Maybe I took it wrong but it sure seemed like a nasty comment to me. But I don't blame her b'c Marissa over Mario makes no sense to me.

Archived