Mariner Deck 6 Aft JS versus midship deck 10 JS?

Would not stay on deck 6 aft.......view is not that nice, to much like looking through a facemask of a football helmet.

Take the JS Mid ship.

Would only take a JS on the aft if it was located on deck 10.

Jimbo:)

Would not stay on deck 6 aft.......view is not that nice, to much like looking through a facemask of a football helmet.

Take the JS Mid ship. Would only take a JS on the aft if it was located on deck 10.

Jimbo:)

I absolutely agree. Great Advice Jimbo.......

I will third that!!!!! JS on deck 10. When I booked my upcoming cruise I pretty much had the same kinds of choices and the Loyalty Ambassador even suggested the JS rather than the aft on a Voyager class on deck 6.

Good luck and happy cruising!!:)

I have heard some things about beam placement and soot on the aft cabins (and it is a long walk), but the view appears to be nice, and the balcony is bigger. Hmmmm. What do the experts think?

Go to voyager-class.com and go to the balcony section. You can see photos from the various cabins there. This website helped me pick my cabin - aft corner on the 7th deck.

After a most wonderful week on the MOS deck 10 JS 1694 , I would never go aft deck 6-no view! Deck 10 was fabulous. WE are sailing again on deck 10 but have gone down to a D1 to save about a grand, and will be in room 1690 just 2 doors down. Skip deck six aft!

The thing to keep in mind with aft balconies is that the aft portion of the ship is sloped, so that when you go to the railing on the balcony and look down you are not looking right in the water, but rather down at lower decks. If you go with the mid-ship balcony you are truly right above the water, and can look straight down. Definately go with the deck 10 junior suite, as I beleive that is the level where the royal suite is located and we have found that Cabins on that deck tend to be selected first for things such as disembarking and also lugage delivery.

Good luck and have a great time!

One more NO vote on the Deck 6 aft JS. We were in 6414 on the Freedom, and the view with that superstructure was heartbreaking. Thank goodness everyone was usually focused on the little kids.....

Leslie

My DH and I sailed on deck 6 aft on Explorer last year. Although I would not recommend it if there were other choices, I would still sail in it again if there were no other afts available. Yes the view is obstructed but it is still better in our eyes to a side balcony. The walk is longer but that just means you get to eat a second dessrt guilt free. We are aft lovers and are scheduled to sail 11/30 in a deck 8 aft. Can't wait.

One more NO vote on the Deck 6 aft JS. We were in 6414 on the Freedom, and the view with that superstructure was heartbreaking. Thank goodness everyone was usually focused on the little kids.....

Leslie

I see what you mean in the pictures. I was not aware of that dead space! What do you all think of a Deck 7 aft (middle not side)? Thanks for your help.

Archived