Favorite employee on Royal Caribbean

Did he happen to mention how long he had been on Voyager?? Our waitor on Mariner in Feb was Sylviu Trifan from Romania. Could it be he has now moved to Voyager?!? If so, I will have to go on Voyager to see him again. He was AWESOME!!!!

I will ask him when I see him again (or he emails me). I think he's been on the Voyager for a while though. That would be an amazing coincidence!

The service was outstanding on my recent trip on Seranade of the Seas.

The best waiter ever is Yaser he is soooooo funny and cute, I wanted to take him home with me

Christine the hostess aka as my sista

Ernest the maitra de

Josie...best stateroom attendant she was just a doll

It was a wonderful trip.....

Now back to reality which isn't so easy!

Serenade of the Seas - Waiter - Hesron Harry from St. Vincent - Had him twice, Southern and Alaska - hope he will still be there in Jan. 09

Brilliance of the Seas - Angela in the Hollywood Odyssey - what a pistol!

Serenade of the Seas - our beloved Maritza

It is odd that so many of you have met so many crew members.

After 8 cruises....

I don't believe I have never met a...

Concierge

Maitre D

Cruise Director

or

Captain

I met only 1 room steward and couldn't even begin to remember her name. Most keep out of sight.

Met a few bartenders but since I don't drink that much I don't recall meeting anyone that stood out. I guess if I sat at a bar for some time and had multiple drinks, I might remember some of them.

Met a few head waiters but no one that impressed me. They seemed to come around only at 'tip' time to introduce themselves. Otherwise I never heard from them.

CD's organize all the stuff that we don't get involved in and we don't go to Captains parties so no real chance of meeting him either.

We enjoy our time on board but don't get too involved with the activities and have never had any problems so never had to 'talk' to anyone about any issues. Maybe that's why we have met so few crew members.

You would think that we keep to ourselves but on the contrary, we are quite sociable. We have just never had much reason to meet many crew members.

Besides bartenders, what circumstances bring you to meet all of these crew members?

One outstanding waiter was Apollo, the best ever. VERY memorable after 8 cruises.

"quote"We enjoy our time on board but don't get too involved with the activities and have never had any problems so never had to 'talk' to anyone about any issues. Maybe that's why we have met so few crew members.

You would think that we keep to ourselves but on the contrary, we are quite sociable. We have just never had much reason to meet many crew members.

Besides bartenders, what circumstances bring you to meet all of these crew members?

One outstanding waiter was Apollo, the best ever. VERY memorable after 8 cruises.

Interesting you should ask that. In some ways we sound similar. It seems like we shouldn't know anyone on the ship. We don't drink, we don't go to many of the shows, we don't eat in the dining room (we eat in the Windjammer), we rarely have a problem or question that requires us to see guest relations. We do, however, tend to stay somewhat to ourselves.

We do find ourselves meeting people that work on the ship and having favorites. For example, we went on two cruises and sat in the same section of the windjammer both times. It happened that the same waiter was rotated in the windjammer both times and we enjoyed getting aquainted with him. We tend to sit in the centrium listening to music so will sometimes talk to the photograpers when they aren't busy taking pictures. We asked a question near te beginning of the cruise at guest relations and the rest of that cruise (and for the next two we were on) they went out of their way to say hi and ask if they could help.

We've been fortunate we've found a ship we like in the Grandeur that sails itenaries that we like that's close to home. Because of this we're fortunate to have sailed on it twice in 05, twice in 06, three times in 07, and four times this year. When you repeat on a ship like this it also helps to get to know the people that work on board.

• 1 month later...
Hear your favorite employee is going to jump ship when the Monarch leaves. He will stay with the new ship docking in LA...what ever it's name is...too many to memorize.

Mariner of the Seas! Danney has been a favorite of ours as well.

We have a few favorites that we are looking forward to seeing again in a few weeks when we sail out of Harwich.

Rick

Favorite Room Steward: Eveyln from the Mariner

Favorite Loyalty Ambassador: Cindy Dangel from the Navigator & Freedom

But as far as all time favorite employee, I would have to go with Cindy Dangel. She must be the nicest person who will ever meet on the ship, and will do anything for you.

I totally agree with you about Cindy Dangel. She is the BEST!!!

Gosh, I don't think I could pick just one! I'll just name my favs.

Milton, Memo, Jessly, Amith, Terrence... all on VISON... I guess Milton would have to come in first.... I see him every weekend! (honorable mention: DJ Mike, CD Keith... he was the one who told me to apply for a cruise staff position... guess he liked my style)

DJ Conrad- Enchantment... I wonder how he's doing...

Dordi- Enchantment bartender... makes this special drink called the Illusion... yeah... you get the picture

I have many favorites, but a few stand out.

Beraldo--- (India) Head waiter on Splendour. Have cruised with him several times and he is outstanding.

Alejandro--- (Alex) Chile---- Splendour Waiter.

Luis---. Roatan--- cabin attendant Deck 10 Voyager. Quite the best ever.

Andrea---(SA)--- Jewel. CL exceptionally helpful and friendly.

Irky---(from Turkey)--- Cruise directors staff. Voyager. A hoot with a great sense of humor.

Deborah Gorman---Canada--- Loyalty Ambassador--- Rhapsody very helpful and friendly

Derek Lewis Kamikaze Karaoke---Schooner Bar Rhapsody, great entertainment.

Capt. Gerry---Voyager.. the sexiest C&W singer and coolest act in his blue jeans and playing his guitar too bad he retired. ;)

The very best room attendant we ever had was on the Navigator - Ulman. He is now the standard and I doubt any attendant will meet or pass the level of excellence that Ulman set. Not that every trip is not the best ever but he made that trip especially unforgetable as he made us feel like we were his favorite guests.

That trip was his last on the Navigator and then he was headed home and then being transferred to the Brillance where I'm sure he made many other guests happy.

We love you Ulman!!!

Archived