Simple Question about Next Cruise?

Just want to re confirm on this.

On my next cruise, what do I do if I want to have the next cruise option? Do I simply go to see the LA and say I want to do Next Cruise?

I don't have an itinerary yet but I have for as long as I want to figure that out right?

And the charge is $100 per stateroom correct?

THANKS!

Just want to re confirm on this.

On my next cruise, what do I do if I want to have the next cruise option? Do I simply go to see the LA and say I want to do Next Cruise?

I don't have an itinerary yet but I have for as long as I want to figure that out right?

And the charge is $100 per stateroom correct?

THANKS!

Yes, you go to see the L.A. S/He *may* tell you to just fill out a form and leave it on the desk. (personally, I would NEVER just leave a piece of paper with my credit card info on it just LYING around!)

It is $100 per person, but you can ask to just have *you* put on the booking.

Yes, you go to see the L.A. S/He *may* tell you to just fill out a form and leave it on the desk. (personally, I would NEVER just leave a piece of paper with my credit card info on it just LYING around!)

It is $100 per person, but you can ask to just have *you* put on the booking.

Thank you both for the info! Do they just charge my SeaPass or is it charged to my CC account separately?

If I get it in US funds do I have to pay my cruise off in US funds as well? Haha...so much for one quick quesiton.

Thank you both for the info! Do they just charge my SeaPass or is it charged to my CC account separately?

If I get it in US funds do I have to pay my cruise off in US funds as well? Haha...so much for one quick quesiton.

for us it was charged to our seapass account which was the credit card I would have used separately, but I think you could be whichever cc you wanted to use on the paper.

The previous poster is correct. We had the option to either put down a credit card number or use the credit card that was listed on our seapass. We just used the seapass card because I wasn't comfortable with my credit card number just hanging out.

If you are using an Cdn CC you have to specify that you want the deposit to be in US$ if you want to book your cruise in that currency. If you put the deposit in $CAD you have to book and pay in $CAD.

We did the NCP deposit on our last cruise and initially the LA had our deposit in $CAD but I had her change it to $US since that is the currency we always book and pay for our cruises in.

If you do the next cruise, do you get an onboard credit for the cruise yo're on? What's the benefit of doing next cruise? thanks!

Yes.

3-5 nights = $50

6-9 nights = $100

10+ = $200

This is PER STATEROOM not PP.

That's what I was afraid of.......so what's the advantage of doing next cruise? Is it just that you're able to leave a smaller deposit?

Not exactly. You make your next cruise deposit. $100. They take that now (at the time you are on the cruise). Then a few months after your cruise you book your Next cruise and you apply your Next Cruise certificate. Then your deposit is reduced from $450 to $350. Then when you sail on your next cruise you get an additional onboard credit of up to $200 depending on the length of your cruise. So, pay $100 on a deposit today, reducing your future deposit and then when you do eventually sail you get free money in return for your loyalty for booking again with RCI. So, this only makes sense if you plan to sail again in the future and that you want to sail with RCI.

jc

You are welcome. I am no expert. I just did it on the cruise I paid my deposit on today. So, it is fresh in my mind. There are some other perks, like you can book additional cabins, etc, and under some circumstances get multiple onboard credits. If you like RCI and plan on sailing again, I think it is pretty much a no-brainer. If you don't need the use of your money now.

jc

You are welcome. I am no expert. I just did it on the cruise I paid my deposit on today. So, it is fresh in my mind. There are some other perks, like you can book additional cabins, etc, and under some circumstances get multiple onboard credits. If you like RCI and plan on sailing again, I think it is pretty much a no-brainer. If you don't need the use of your money now.

jc

On one next cruise you can get more cabins after the fact if you want?

On one next cruise you can get more cabins after the fact if you want?

I think so. I am trying to do so, and my TA says it will work. Not the reduced deposit but the OBC. Of course, I had two Next Cruise certificates. I am still rather cloudy on all of the details. The basics, though, I think I have down pat.

jc

check out my new sig!

I think so. I am trying to do so, and my TA says it will work. Not the reduced deposit but the OBC. Of course, I had two Next Cruise certificates. I am still rather cloudy on all of the details. The basics, though, I think I have down pat.

jc

check out my new sig!

Just wondering how that works? You can only be in one cabin with your name so I wonder how they do that?

Just wondering how that works? You can only be in one cabin with your name so I wonder how they do that?

I will report back when I confirm what I have been told. There are people in this forum that can probably confirm from their past experience. I think the basics is enough reason to buy the Next cruise option, the additional cabin could be gravy.

jc

From my experience, the 2 certificates are for "friends/ family" of the person who got the original "nextcruise". They must be booked within 30 days of certificate issue. "Simply select the same ship and sailing date as the guest who supplied the certificate". Other terms and conditions are listed. For questions call 1-800-526-9723.

From my experience, the 2 certificates are for "friends/ family" of the person who got the original "nextcruise". They must be booked within 30 days of certificate issue. "Simply select the same ship and sailing date as the guest who supplied the certificate". Other terms and conditions are listed. For questions call 1-800-526-9723.

Will the LA give me the friends certificates if I book a specific cruise? In other words, does it have to be a Next Cruise booking to get the certificates?

Archived