A Question About Chops & Portofino I haven't seen before

kicker

Maybe this has been answered, maybe not. I've always been totally satisfied with Dining Room entrees, but I've always wanted to try Chops. Just wondering: if you make a reservation at Chops or Portofino, then change your mind (don't want to miss a show, don't want to miss the DR entrees that night), can you give your reservation to someone else? It seems those restaurants fill up - does the name on the reservation have to match the name of the diner(s)?

I know what happens when you "assume";) however, when you go to the host station they don't ask to see your SeaPass card. In fact the last time we ate there the only time the waiter asked to see the card was at the end of the meal and that was only the card (or cards actually since there were two couples) that was going to have the meal charged on. I would assume that if you couldn't give them the 24hrs notice to cancel and give the res. to someone else, all they should have to do is check in at the host desk by simply saying something like..."Good evening, we have a reservation under the name ---------"

Thanks for the answers so far. I know I can cancel my reservation if necessary, just thought maybe I could help someone who wanted to book but got shut out. I think "alwayshappy.."'s response indicates it could be done with no problem.

Be careful canceling. There was a disclaimer that if you cancelled within 24 hours you would be subject to a charge. They do know your cabin number because you receive an 'invitation' in your room that reminds you of your reservation.

I always ask my waiter on the first evening which would be the best night to go to one of the specialty restaurants. They know the menu better than anyone and can tell you the best night to go. You'll still have plenty of time to make a decent reservation.

And don't miss Chops. It's my favorite! Some of the best steaks I've ever had!!

If you go to Chops or Portofino to make your reservation they will have the dining room menus for each day of your cruise to help you decide on the night for which you wish to make a reservation.:)

Archived