Chocolate Chip Cookies!

mrcruzer

I demolished those chocolate chip cookies on the Crown last year and should have grabbed more on the last day of the cruise. I ate them all at the airport inbetween flight connections. This year on the Emerald I will bring a tupperware with me.

dott- you read my mind, I am going on Caribbean Princess in June and I am going to bring a tupperware container (an extra large one) for all those yummy cookies!! I can't wait.

I can't believe what I'm reading.:eek:

Hope you all with the tupperware aren't the ones complaining about the increase in cruise fares.

BJS- You really think taking a handful or 2 worth of cookies is going to increase the cruise fare??? I serious doubt it! :rolleyes:

I also doubt it.....We went last year with a party of 12. Princess made so much money on our bar bill alone we could have opened a cookie store with that money:p

I can't believe what I'm reading.:eek:

Hope you all with the tupperware aren't the ones complaining about the increase in cruise fares.

I have to agree! Taking an extra cookie or 2 to enjoy in your cabin is one thing, but taking a stack to have on the plane is quite another! Would you do that at a restaurant? :eek: :(

Everyone has their favorite chocolate chip recipe. I'm currently getting ready to try the recipe that won on food networks Ultimate Recipe contest. You get it from the foodtv.com site and go the the tv shows for the Ultimate Recipe - type in cookies and Radical Rob's recipe will be shown.

Just made a batch and they are YUMMY!!!!

On the Dawn - 4 pm a crew wheeled the warm cookies and cold milk cart all around the pool and then you could also get them about the same time in the Horizon court when they did their "ice cream" service and afternoon snacks.

We will make sure to be there when they come round with the cart:)

I was so addicted I took a picture of them...

Are they chocolate chocolate chip cookies? they seem rather dark for regular chocalate chip cookies.

Another tip about making Nestle Toll House Cookies. If you put pecans (or nuts) don't get the chopped ones get the pieces (or halfs and rough chop them yourself). When I was in college, my roommate decided that she was going to make the cookies for a change (I was always baking and cooking). She got the chopped ones instead of the pieces and her cookies, as SHE put it, "looked like little rocks" and wondered why mine spread out so nice and pretty. I concluded that since the chopped nuts were close to being nut flour it probably dried out the dough so they couldn't spread out like mine do.

Oh and to everyone who agreed with me about the butter....butter-flavored Crisco shortening works almost as well as butter and has a better flavor than margarine.

I LOVED the cookie guy by the pool! Every afternoon around 3:30 or so he would come out pushing a cart that said "COOKIES & MILK". The cookies were fresh out of the oven and wonderful! They were chocolate chip and were to die for.

They were much better than the ones in the HC. My DH said it was a little embarressing they way that me and friend chased the guy down one day. We were in the pool when he came by and were afraid we would miss him. He said we were half running, waving our arms saying "Yoo Hoo, Cookie Guy - Over here Please!" He said it was very comical!

He said we were half running, waving our arms saying "Yoo Hoo, Cookie Guy - Over here Please!" He said it was very comical!

Kinda reminds me of kids chasing down the ice cream truck! lol I would probably do the same...must be a Jackie thang....

Are they chocolate chocolate chip cookies? they seem rather dark for regular chocalate chip cookies.

Another tip about making Nestle Toll House Cookies. If you put pecans (or nuts) don't get the chopped ones get the pieces (or halfs and rough chop them yourself). When I was in college, my roommate decided that she was going to make the cookies for a change (I was always baking and cooking). She got the chopped ones instead of the pieces and her cookies, as SHE put it, "looked like little rocks" and wondered why mine spread out so nice and pretty. I concluded that since the chopped nuts were close to being nut flour it probably dried out the dough so they couldn't spread out like mine do.

Oh and to everyone who agreed with me about the butter....butter-flavored Crisco shortening works almost as well as butter and has a better flavor than margarine.

Yes, you are right! I loved the c.c. cookies but on the night before these were the only ones they had for me to take home. They were nice too!

You must be talking about the chocolate chip cookies with the nuts in them? I loooved them! Discovered the on CB last year. I emailed Princess to request the recipe and they told me it was not available. We need to get someone to ask the head dessert chef from the Horizon Court. It's not in the Princess cookbook either.

If they are purchased frozen, let's find out who the manufacturer is! I'm sound like I'm going cookie crazy but there was something about them!

ps...I covet the cookie photo, it made me laugh!:)

Speaking of cookies...I was watching the Princess promo DVD the other day and noticed a girl handing out cookies to passengers in lounge chairs around the pool and a guy serving what I think was milk out of some cool looking back pack contraption thing with a hose and a spout to pour the milk out of....is this for real or just something they dreamed up for the DVD.......or was I seeing things :cool: Does anyone know what I'm talking about:confused:

I love ordering a plate of chocolate chip cookies and cold milk before bedtime through room service. Better make it two milks or the milk will be gone before you finish the cookies. :eek:

You do need lots of cold milk :)

OMG I am so hungry!!!

You must be talking about the chocolate chip cookies with the nuts in them? I loooved them! Discovered the on CB last year. I emailed Princess to request the recipe and they told me it was not available. We need to get someone to ask the head dessert chef from the Horizon Court. It's not in the Princess cookbook either.

If they are purchased frozen' date=' let's find out who the manufacturer is! I'm sound like I'm going cookie crazy but there was something about them!

ps...I covet the cookie photo, it made me laugh!:)[/quote']

That is what they told me too ...twice.....It made me think they are pre formed dough pucks that are bought and then baked on board each day. Which would explain why somedays they are softer then other days, if they are overbaked by even a few minutes then they are hard.

I do have the recipe for Disneyland Goofy's Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe if anyone would be interested, I actually like these CCC better then Princess:eek:

I do have the recipe for Disneyland Goofy's Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe if anyone would be interested, I actually like these CCC better then Princess:eek:

Oh, please post that recipe. Thanks

Also, another highly rated cookie is the frozen dough sold by Omaha Steaks - they have macadamia nuts in them. I've seen it ranked very high on various lists and I really like them.

These make a lot but I freeze them into the unbaked dough hockey pucks, freeze them and then bake em as needed. YUM

6 CUPS FLOUR

2 TSPD BAKING SODA

2 TSPS SALT

1 1/4 CUP BUTTER PLUS 2 TBSPS

1 1/3 CUP ALL VEG SHORTENING

1 TSP VANILLA

1 2/3 CUPS FIRMLY PACKED BROWN SUGER

2 1/2 CUPS WHITE SUGER

5 LARGE EGGS

1 TBSP WATER

4 CUPS CHOCOLATE CHIPS

PREHEAT ONEN TO 350.

Combine flour, soda, salt,

Large mixing bowl cream butter, vanilla and sugers till fluffy, add eggs and water and mix till fluffy (bout 5 mins) Add dry ingrediants and mix only to well blended. Add chocolate chips and mix in.

I drop by ice cream scroop and flaten out slightly with my hand then bake for about 13-15 mins till brown around edges.

I usually freeze about 3 dozen *pucks of dough* on a lined baking sheet and then pop into ziplock bag when froze. Bake for 375 for about same amount of time...maybe a little longer if you prefer a more *welldone* cookie. Pour da cold milk :)

If anyone wants Storytellers Chicken Corn Chowder or Blue Bayou Pasta salad (that they don't serve anymore :( let me know!!!

Enjoy YUM :)

Archived