Chocolate Chip Cookies!

mrcruzer

Okay, I know this has to have been asked a billion times before me but without the search function I'm guessing I'd be looking for a needle in a haystack...

On my cruise in feb. 06 on Sapphire Princess we discovered chocolate chip cookies baked on a regular basis in the Horizon court buffet.

Does anyone have the recipe for these cookies? We were dumb enough to never ask anyone onboard and now regret that decision!

Thanks!

MC.

Okay, I know this has to have been asked a billion times before me but without the search function I'm guessing I'd be looking for a needle in a haystack...

On my cruise in feb. 06 on Sapphire Princess we discovered chocolate chip cookies baked on a regular basis in the Horizon court buffet.

Does anyone have the recipe for these cookies? We were dumb enough to never ask anyone onboard and now regret that decision!

Thanks!

MC.

I don't know the recipe for Princess' chocolate chip cookies but I find the best recipe on the back of the Nestle bag. But the trick is to use real butter not margarine - your cookies will taste much better.

Everyone has their favorite chocolate chip recipe. I'm currently getting ready to try the recipe that won on food networks Ultimate Recipe contest. You get it from the foodtv.com site and go the the tv shows for the Ultimate Recipe - type in cookies and Radical Rob's recipe will be shown. However, I bet someone will have the actual Princess recipe...there;s always someone with that kind of info.

I loved having fresh baked cookies on board. It kinda made up for the poor quality ice cream they served.

My DH is so fond of my Chocolate Chip cookies (back of the Nestle's CC bag, but I also add candied ginger to them) that he had me bake up a mess and brought them with him on board the Grand this past summer. He put them out on a plate and invited the steward to help himself whenever he wanted one. You would not believe the attention we got after that. "Just checkingto see if you need anything," "Everything okay?", "While I'm here, I'll just grab a cookie..." Between him, the DH and the GD, they went through four dozen during the cruise!

Charlie

P.S. Tekdiva is right, butter is the key.

I have emailed and phoned twice now and all four times got the same reply. They no longer have that recipe in their database. I think they must buy them in the dough stage and then bake them the day of serving.

I loved them on the Diamond Princess and can not wait to eat them again in the Sapphire Princess in May :)

My DH is so fond of my Chocolate Chip cookies (back of the Nestle's CC bag, but I also add candied ginger to them) that he had me bake up a mess and brought them with him on board the Grand this past summer. He put them out on a plate and invited the steward to help himself whenever he wanted one. You would not believe the attention we got after that. "Just checkingto see if you need anything," "Everything okay?", "While I'm here, I'll just grab a cookie..." Between him, the DH and the GD, they went through four dozen during the cruise!

Charlie

P.S. Tekdiva is right, butter is the key.

What a nice idea. Think I will do this too.

We had heard so much about these cookies we could not wait to sail Princess for the first time last Nov. Well the cookies were always very hard - not what I expected. Everyone was commenting on this. Did not affect my cruise one bit - just waiting to try one of these famous cookies!!

I don't know the recipe for Princess' chocolate chip cookies but I find the best recipe on the back of the Nestle bag. But the trick is to use real butter not margarine - your cookies will taste much better.

You are right IMHO nothing beats the Nestle recipe. I agree one must use real butter. To insure they stay soft and chewy make certain not to increase the sugar as that will make the hard. Since my family loves their chocolate chip cookies soft and chewy the other trick I use (which my grandmother taught me decades ago) is remove them immediatly from the oven and place them on brown paper laid across the counter top to cool. When it is cookie making time I always ask for a couple of unused brown grocery bags at the store. Brown package wraping paper will work too, but not parchment paper.

This is my favourite topic. I was on the Golden in September but never saw a chocolate chip cookie. I never ate in the Horizon Court so maybe that's why. Do they serve them on all Princess ships? I'm going on a longer cruise on the Star in November so where should I look for them. Thanks for all the yummy recipe advice here too!

This is my favourite topic. I was on the Golden in September but never saw a chocolate chip cookie. I never ate in the Horizon Court so maybe that's why. Do they serve them on all Princess ships? I'm going on a longer cruise on the Star in November so where should I look for them. Thanks for all the yummy recipe advice here too!

Yes they are served in the Horizon Ct and they are on all ships.

I was also on the Diamond with Morriscats last Nov. and boy did they cook them too long. They were really hard. Even my DH asked to see the manager and told them about it. He said that we should come and get them when they are fresh. My DH told them "we did". But to be honest on all of the other ships and my other cruises they have been terrific. Nice, soft, chewy cookies. maybe the cook on the Diamond on that 15 day was in a bad mood. who knows.

Marilyn

What a nice idea. Think I will do this too.

We had heard so much about these cookies we could not wait to sail Princess for the first time last Nov. Well the cookies were always very hard - not what I expected. Everyone was commenting on this. Did not affect my cruise one bit - just waiting to try one of these famous cookies!!

Hope it works as well for you as it did for us! My DH had asked for cookies because he didn't like the ones that Princess was offering (we usually sail the smaller ships, like the Pacific and Tahitian).

Nothing can ruin my cruise except for me not being on it!

Charlie

New to Princess.

PescadoAmarillo: I do LOVE the ice cream on Celebrity too

Where do you find the Ice Cream AND the chocolate chip cookies. Going on the Star in June to Alaska, and I want to make sure I know where all the good things are before I go, so I can find them at the start of the cruise.

Last trip, I found out all of the hot spots 2 days left into the cruise. Boy was I sorry I didn't find out sooner.

Any tips of Star???

On the Dawn 3 weeks ago- they served them in the Horizon court and on a cart that got pushed around the pool around 4 PM everyday. They offered regular chocolate chip and double chocolate chip. yummy yummy

We also love to fly Midwest express for their fresh baked cookies!!

I'm such a piglet!!!!

mrcruzer, I don't have the Princess Choc Chip recipe....but try this. 1) always use butter (not margarine) 2) use 1 cup dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar ( not 3/4 cup each, like most recipes say) 3) use 3 cups chocolate chips ( not 2 cups) and cook in a 300 degree oven for about 23 mins.

How have I been missing these cookies?

On our first cruise, the best cookie was a light Italian one during the spa tour. On our third day at sea, I called room service and asked for cookies. No food, no beverages, just cookies. I guess my expectations were too high, because they were hard and not fresh -- seems almost like stale store-bought chip cookies.

So we should be on the look-out for them in the Horizon Court? When, between lunch and dinner?

How have I been missing these cookies?

So we should be on the look-out for them in the Horizon Court? When, between lunch and dinner?

On the Dawn - 4 pm a crew wheeled the warm cookies and cold milk cart all around the pool and then you could also get them about the same time in the Horizon court when they did their "ice cream" service and afternoon snacks.

Archived