Fuel supplement to be refunded

PaulMedik

paul, yours was done already because you sail this week?

ta told you it is already on your acct?

truecruiser,

No.

'Broker' is my stock broker. :) 'Not posted yet' was in reference to no threads on the subject were posted yet here on CC. :) I just checked and it's still listed as a charge on my modify booking page. None of my OBC for this weekends cruise is showing up there either.

I got the emails on my Iphone and checked the forum on my phone and made the original post with my Iphone. It's difficult to include much information when posting with an Iphone and impossible to copy and paste emails to posts. ;)

Ok. Here is one I havent seen yet. I paid the fuel surcharge, sailed in March, but here is the kicker, the credit card that I paid the cruise with I paid off and cancelled last month. It no longer exists. So will they just try and let if slip, or do you think they will mail me a check. I have cruised 4x with Carnival and they definitely have my address. What do you think?

I've had this happen. When the credit card company got the credit they cut me a check - a hassle but you will get your money.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find this a remarkable coincidence?

That after loudly refusing to budge on this issue for so long, Carnival and the AG stuck a deal almost immediately after the Orlando Sentinel wrote a story implying Carnival donated $100's of thousands to the AG's political party as a "quid pro quo" after they allegedly had "discussions" giving advance permission to do the fuel charge scam?

I know I'm looking a gift (and thoroughly beaten/dead) horse in the mouth here, but this still makes me go "Hmmmmm".

truecruiser,

No.

'Broker' is my stock broker. :) 'Not posted yet' was in reference to no threads on the subject were posted yet here on CC. :) I just checked and it's still listed as a charge on my modify booking page. None of my OBC for this weekends cruise is showing up there either.

I got the emails on my Iphone and checked the forum on my phone and made the original post with my Iphone. It's difficult to include much information when posting with an Iphone and impossible to copy and paste emails to posts. ;)

thank you.

i did get the email (in spam) yesterday. i was surprised i rec'd it at all, lol.

How exciting...I just received an email from Carnival about the refund!! I guess I will just have to wait and see what form it comes in...since we have already done our cruise. I used my AMEX card for the deposit and sent a check for the remainder of the balance. Doesn't really matter...it will be money in my pocket either way :)

Thanks to you all for making this happen!!!!!

I sail in about 15 days and am eligible for the fuel surcharge on board credit. I have read where people have received emails about their refund/credit which is great.

However, I never received an email (I checked the spam, too) or letter about the addition of the surcharge and am seriously questioning whether I will receive one about the refund.

Is this the case for anyone else? I don't want to have to fight with them again if the OBC doesn't show up and I have no documentation to show...

I sail in about 15 days and am eligible for the fuel surcharge on board credit. I have read where people have received emails about their refund/credit which is great.

However, I never received an email (I checked the spam, too) or letter about the addition of the surcharge and am seriously questioning whether I will receive one about the refund.

Is this the case for anyone else? I don't want to have to fight with them again if the OBC doesn't show up and I have no documentation to show...

I am the same as you.. I leave in 2 days.. I emailed my PVP last night about it.. I too was not wanting to try to convince the folks on board that I have a credit.:)

Maybe it will be easy and the OBC will be there..

I am the same as you.. I leave in 2 days.. I emailed my PVP last night about it.. I too was not wanting to try to convince the folks on board that I have a credit.:)

Maybe it will be easy and the OBC will be there..

Ha. It has been my experience that with Carnival and money...it is never easy:)

Let me know if you receive the email or letter..

I too will be leaving at the end of April. I have sent a e-mail in to Carnival. I have not received an e-mail about the refund as of yet either, but it may take a while I suppose. I booked this cruise way back last August, so I am included. Just waiting to see my credit:D

I too will be leaving at the end of April. I have sent a e-mail in to Carnival. I have not received an e-mail about the refund as of yet either, but it may take a while I suppose. I booked this cruise way back last August, so I am included. Just waiting to see my credit:D

I have the same booking situation...booked last August, sailing this month.

Did you ever receive an email and/or letter about the implementation of the surcharge?

Somebody asked a similiar question yesterday, but I didn't see a response...

We booked back in October for our June 2 cruise, but 3 weeks ago we changed cabins and added one person (our booking number stayed the same). Do you think we will still get an OBC???

If the booking number didn't change and the rate stayed the same (other then adding the third person), then I say chances are good.

Which is probably the best answer you get here. Please check with Carnival and report back so everyone knows.

My TA responded back and said the following, "It applies to everyone in the group that paid fuel surcharges. This is a group and the cruise line goes by when the group was booked."

I had also asked her if my sister-in-law (who booked after us in February) would also be getting the refund and that was her reponse to that question also...so YES, we are ALL getting our fuel surcharge back...YIPPEE:D

My TA responded back and said the following, "It applies to everyone in the group that paid fuel surcharges. This is a group and the cruise line goes by when the group was booked."

I had also asked her if my sister-in-law (who booked after us in February) would also be getting the refund and that was her reponse to that question also...so YES, we are ALL getting our fuel surcharge back...YIPPEE:D

As I remember your original post, your SIL was the 3rd person you added to your cabin, so she would not have paid the fuel surcharge so she wouldnt be getting it refunded. Only the first two people in each cabin paid the fuel surcharge....I just didnt want your SIL to be dissapointed she didnt get a refund if she was the 3rd person in the cabin.

Congratulations Carnival cruisers! I am soooo happy for you. Big pat on the back to all of you who made a complaint to the AG, and stuck by your position against the naysayers who tried to tell you that future fuel surcharges had been properly disclosed.

Like I said, I got to where I made myself quit reading the threads to keep from arguing. We have a friend going with us in Sept 07 for instance who is not online and not a frequent cruiser. She called the PVP about a month ago and got told the new amount to pay and the PVP said she snail mailed a letter about the surcharge in December (Dec??!!) to advise of the surcharge, but the letter never arrived.

All us online who read up think everyone was advised, but it just aint true. There are older folks who cruise and dont go online who have yet to be advised of any of this in writing if they dont have email addresses. I havent called her to tell her now she doesnt have to pay the surcharge which she still never got advised of lol.

As I remember your original post, your SIL was the 3rd person you added to your cabin, so she would not have paid the fuel surcharge so she wouldnt be getting it refunded. Only the first two people in each cabin paid the fuel surcharge....I just didnt want your SIL to be dissapointed she didnt get a refund if she was the 3rd person in the cabin.

We actually had two different scenarios going on...

Actually my SIL wasn't the third person. They booked their own cabin in February.

The third person is the one who caused us the have switch cabins. He was a single cruiser who wanted to join us and the cabin we had for our sons did not accommodate more than 2 people so we switch a couple of weeks ago. Sorry for the confusion...

i wld call whoever you booked with.

if you booked with ccl tell them to re-send the email. if you booked with a ta, tell them to send you some sort of confirmation from ccl.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/custom/tourism/orl-carnival0108apr01,0,5580080.story

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....Under the agreement, Miami-based Carnival, the world's largest cruise operator, can continue to levy its fuel surcharge -- a $5 per day fee, up to $70 per passenger or $140 per cabin -- going forward. But the company must clearly disclose the fee to customers before they buy a trip and display the amount "directly above, beneath or next to the cruise-fare price.".......will refund $40 million to cruise passengers who were forced to pay extra fuel charges even after they had booked their trips, part of a deal the company will announce this evening to settle an investigation by Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum.

The refunds will cover an estimated 1.1 million bookings.

Great Job Snorkel - I remember you from the first day Carnival 'hood-winked' us with the surcharge. You were patient, professional and persistent. Thank you for your hard work!

Now I would like to go back to the nay-sayers who told us where to go and how to get off - and collect the refund they are now owed. I told a couple of them I wanted their money if we won this battle.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!

FB - Denver CO :D :D :D :D :D :D

The ironic thing is that the "eligible" nay sayers were probably the first ones on the phone wanting to know when they were going to see their refund. I think they should have to split their refund amoungst all of us that ACTUALLY went to the Florida Attorney General website and filed a complaint. Some people just like to sit back and let others do all the work or like to say that people who complain are whiners and have nothing better to do. I may be a whiner - but I have $150 to wipe my tears (of joy). :D

Gonna shoot our PVP an e-mail and see what he says, he'll probably refer me to a supervisor, but I don't see where his daughter & her family should get the obc when they never paid for their cabin to begin with, I feel he should get his money back, not them. He's already footed the bill for the airfare round-trip and the cruise for the 4 of them, he should get the break of the credit.

Update to this, I shot my PVP an e-mail, and he sent a reply saying that the obc would be automatically generated, then he would get ahold of a supervisor and have the credit transferred to our cabin, so it can be done, and we're happy:D

We booked on Nov 7th. And our original booking had the surcharge on it. All $70. But, it doesn't and didn't bother me.

I don't think anyone who had the surcharge on their original booking should be upset. For me it was the principle of having the charge added on after the booking was completed.

Archived