Seattle's best coffee

DH & I recently took a cruise on the Voyager of the Seas and the coffee was wonderful. We have purchased one of the blends of Seattle's best coffee in our local market but we are wondering if anybody knows which blend they use on the ship. Boy, it would be great if we could find out so we wouldn't have to buy each blend until we find "our coffee".

Thanks in advance

Jimanne1

There are all sorts of coffee drinks available at Latteetudes. There is a cost involved, but I don't mind. I just want my specialty coffee. Also, did you know, that Seattle's Best Coffee is a subsidairy of Starbucks?

I think you might be the first person I've ever heard say this. :p Many of us (not everyone, of course) found the coffee onboard undrinkable. I couldn't drink it in the dining room, room service, or the Windjammer - only from the thermos at the back of the Promenade Café.

I have heard that onboard, they use a coffee syrup (still Seattle's Best, as stated) and add water to it, but I absolutly don't know if that's true.

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

There are all sorts of coffee drinks available at Latteetudes. There is a cost involved, but I don't mind. I just want my specialty coffee. Also, did you know, that Seattle's Best Coffee is a subsidairy of Starbucks?

Starbucks!!! You just made me happy:D

Sally and Joe,

Enjoy Grandeur, Again!

Rick and Deirdra

I think you might be the first person I've ever heard say this. :p Many of us (not everyone, of course) found the coffee onboard undrinkable. I couldn't drink it in the dining room, room service, or the Windjammer - only from the thermos at the back of the Promenade Café.

I have heard that onboard, they use a coffee syrup (still Seattle's Best, as stated) and add water to it, but I absolutly don't know if that's true.

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

YES !! I have always said they should change the name.... :o

Seattles Worst... :eek:

YES !! I have always said they should change the name.... :o

Seattles Worst... :eek:

I feel the same way..I completely agree that it was undrinkable..way to watered down..but I like coffee to put hair on my chest!:D

I did find that Portofino and Chops had much better coffee..

Starbucks!!! You just made me happy:D

Don't get too excited... it's definitely not the same thing... Seattle's Best was its' own thing for a long while... Starbucks bought them but it's not the same product... SB is generally much weaker in taste than Starbucks... They don't offer the same drinks as Starbucks, the drink recipes are different, the roasts are different...

Not the same product.... SB was just going downhill financially and Starbucks came in to cover them...

Is the "regular coffee" that's complimentary in the Promenade, Seattle's Best? I think I might bring a thermal mug for my husband so he can get coffee there to bring up to the room. He thought the room service coffee was nasty!

Is the "regular coffee" that's complimentary in the Promenade, Seattle's Best? I think I might bring a thermal mug for my husband so he can get coffee there to bring up to the room. He thought the room service coffee was nasty!

Yes... it's SB... and that's exactly what we do... bring our own tumblers and fill up... the coffee cups onboard just don't hold enough to get us going in the morning...:)

I'm sure RC must read this board, and the overall consensus seems to be that the coffee isn't great (room service, dining room). What I don't understand is why it has to be this way? Certainly they serve enough of it that it should be relatively fresh. I'm not even a coffee drinker, but I know how to make a good pot of coffee!

Yes... it's SB... and that's exactly what we do... bring our own tumblers and fill up... the coffee cups onboard just don't hold enough to get us going in the morning...:)

Thanks! That's exactly what I'll do then. (and I'll pass that info on to our friends who will be cruising with us.)

Archived